Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

There are seven left.

-2 next week.

Then go in the finale with six (or five plus one), which is standard recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lukess1
Jul 13, 2018

Pinterest Mom posted:

There are seven left.

-2 next week.

Then go in the finale with six (or five plus one), which is standard recently.

I guess. It's just with how crazy this season has been, I am worried having that many vote outs in such short time will lose me.

lukess1
Jul 13, 2018

Raxivace posted:

Michelle is very liked by some jury members, but by that same token her ex-boyfriend Wendell is on the Jury too and who knows what he's saying to people about her and how that's affecting perception.

If it's a final 3 of Michelle, Nick and Ben I think Nick can win. As long as he owns his moves pre-merge and makes one or two more big moves, I think he can win. He hasn't made enemies while Michelle does have one or two on the jury.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I don't really mind the whispering at tribal, I mean it's not like we always get an accurate edit pretribal anyway.

At the moment it does seem like Tony, Jeremy and/or Sarah will make it to the end but the returning player could rejoin and warn nick/denise/ben/michelle that they need to take them out. Hopefully not though, if Ben wins this season i'll probably start bleeding out of my ears.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i can't see ben getting any votes against any of the players left in a final tribal council situation. if you ever need to read the room on how the jury feels, pay attention to who they've been gifting their fire tokens to as they've been voted out. i don't believe ben has gotten a single one from this method.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I really don’t want Denise, Nick, Ben or Michelle to win.

Feels like they don’t really do anything

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The REAL Goobusters posted:

how dare you besmirch the queenslayer

lukess1
Jul 13, 2018

The REAL Goobusters posted:

For one: Denise did pretty much vote out Sandra by herself. Nick has played the game very well without getting enemies and Michelle ruled the pre-merge with Jeremy.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

lukess1 posted:

For one: Denise did pretty much vote out Sandra by herself. Nick has played the game very well without getting enemies and Michelle ruled the pre-merge with Jeremy.

Yeah. I remember Denise was a big target after that move but then she sort of faded away

lukess1
Jul 13, 2018

CODChimera posted:

Yeah. I remember Denise was a big target after that move but then she sort of faded away

That was smart by her. Going into the merge, she was worried because taking out Sandra put a target on her back. With Jeremy threatening her at tribal, I think she pulls out a blindside on Tony's group next episode.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

In that TC, Denise used an idol to vote out Sandra (instead of Tony), and burned an idol saving Jeremy :) :) :).

lukess1
Jul 13, 2018

Pinterest Mom posted:

In that TC, Denise used an idol to vote out Sandra (instead of Tony), and burned an idol saving Jeremy :) :) :).

The big move there was to get Sandra to give her the idol without giving up all of her tokens.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

lukess1 posted:

That was smart by her. Going into the merge, she was worried because taking out Sandra put a target on her back. With Jeremy threatening her at tribal, I think she pulls out a blindside on Tony's group next episode.

How's she gonna pull off that blindside with no numbers? Or really any blindside. You need someone to trust you to be blindsided and it looks like nobody is with her.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

watching sandra pull a jt was rough

lukess1
Jul 13, 2018

freeman posted:

How's she gonna pull off that blindside with no numbers?

I think she could get her/Nick/Michelle/Jeremy to blindside Sarah. With 7 left, that is the numbers.

lukess1
Jul 13, 2018

OFFICER LIGER posted:

watching sandra pull a jt was rough

I wouldn't say it was like JT. From what I remember, the last time the idol could have been played was that tribal. Sandra just picked the wrong person to sell it to.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lukess1 posted:

I wouldn't say it was like JT. From what I remember, the last time the idol could have been played was that tribal. Sandra just picked the wrong person to sell it to.

well i guess she didn't write denise a love letter so it is different in that regard

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Vernacular posted:

Sarah, the ride-or-die partner who is still hopelessly all-in with him even after last week's blindside - to the comical point that she is actively encouraging him to not flush his idol. How absurd was that? Both her and Ben are bending over backwards to protect Tony's interests.

Tony and Sarah are the power pair. Even if they are not always working together 100% of the time. This is 2 Survivors that are both cops and are now playing their THIRD season of Survivor together... It's pretty unlikely they will actually turn against each other.

lukess1
Jul 13, 2018

OFFICER LIGER posted:

well i guess she didn't write denise a love letter so it is different in that regard

The big difference for me is JT didn't have to play the idol then. He just made a stupid move. Sandra had to play the idol and tried to gain currency but it backfired.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

lukess1 posted:

I think she could get her/Nick/Michelle/Jeremy to blindside Sarah. With 7 left, that is the numbers.

I think getting Jeremy to vote with her is gonna be hard considering she's been nonstop gunning for him. Her best play is probably to keep voting Jeremy.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I think Denise is really good at not sticking her neck until the absolute right time and people look at her is inactive because of it.

She’s better than people give her credit for.

lukess1
Jul 13, 2018

freeman posted:

I think getting Jeremy to vote with her is gonna be hard considering she's been nonstop gunning for him. Her best play is probably to keep voting Jeremy.

I think Michelle could get Jeremy to vote with her easy after giving him the 50/50 idol.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

lukess1 posted:

I think Michelle could get Jeremy to vote with her easy after giving him the 50/50 idol.

I think his loyalty is still to Tony at this point. Michelle gave him a 50/50 idol but still voted for him. Tony did the legwork to save him again. Actually voting Denise next seems like an easy vote.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
i don't think nick has done nothing, but he has definitely played an under the radar game and i can see that being an underwhelming winner in a season like this. he'd be a preferable winner to ben and almost anyone that comes back from extinction. i think he's at least on the same level as michelle and sarah.

my power rankings would probably be: tony, denise, jeremy, nick/sarah/michelle, ben.

i dunno how i'd feel with someone from extinction winning. except ethan. i would be perfectly fine with that.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Boxman posted:

"Maybe there's nothing to be said, maybe after you're done, we just vote" is a pretty novel way to say "the most iconic part of the show just got made irrelevant."

The whispers are pretty bad television and they need to issue a patch for next season.

You're think Tribal Council was relevant before? 90% of the time votes have already been decided on, and you were just there two feed Jeff some nonsense until he stops pestering you.

Whispers were bad but it's fine now that they're subtitled so it's not just *hushed murmuring* for 10 minutes.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the only situation i see nick winning is in a final three with sarah and ben because of a) ben's horrendous jury management and b) sarah's very clear lack of control in the game being exposed regularly at tribal council. even then its tough. if he takes michele to the end, I think michele beats him because of stronger relationships. same for denise plus she has moves she can point to in this game. he cannot beat tony or jeremy at all. jeremy i think legitimately is the biggest threat to win. he's been on the right side of the vote every time except for when sandra went home, and all these times he's been exposed he still has not been the one booted out. its wild that he probably isn't going next episode either. tony has also been on the right side of the vote every time but im starting to think hes painting too big a target on himself and i dont know if he can maintain this immunity streak.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

freeman posted:

I think his loyalty is still to Tony at this point. Michelle gave him a 50/50 idol but still voted for him. Tony did the legwork to save him again. Actually voting Denise next seems like an easy vote.

He’s not loyal to Tony, really. It’s more that he’s scared shitless if he votes Tony out that he’ll be the next one targeted.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I would HATE to be out there with Tony because he stirs up paranoia like no one else

It's loving great tv though!

lukess1
Jul 13, 2018

sportsgenius86 posted:

He’s not loyal to Tony, really. It’s more that he’s scared shitless if he votes Tony out that he’ll be the next one targeted.

Yep. Just look at the scene where he was telling an awful lie just so Tony wouldn't go for him.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
I think Denise's move is looking worse and worse as time goes on. She made an enemy out of who she used an idol on and kept around the guy who is dominating the season in every aspect. She hasn't fallen as hard as Ben but I don't really see her clearly ahead of any of the others. She's just in a pretty powerless position with nobody really with her.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Well, yeah. He has nobody else so he's sticking with Tony. Tony's the only person who is really helping him.

freeman fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 30, 2020

e.martin
Jun 22, 2018

I really enjoyed last nights episode. Definitely one of the best of the season.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
just catching up on the episode now - oh my god ben is so whiny. He's whining at jeff like a spoiled kid at a teacher. he is also so obsessed with jeremy. i like jeremy but he isn't this looming threat the same way ben plays it out to be. Ben is the doofus they should worry about right now imo, he's going to doof through the next couple tribals and then bonus-shenanigans his way to final 4 again.

That was a fun tribal, Tony is such a great agent of the Chaos. I also like this new concept of things actually in tribal. For most of the series tribals always felt like there was a lot of big talk but 99.99% of the time the actualy votes go exactly as planned and its only special objects that alter courses. This isn't even a game mechanic, just people being flexible and spontaneous. It's great to watch knowing things change now

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 00:41 on May 1, 2020

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I think if Tony wins immunity again, the best option for Nick/Denise/Michele/Ben is to take out Sarah. Yes, Jeremy is a threat, but Sarah is Tony's ride or die right now. You have to break up pairs.

The problem is that Nick keeps jumping to protect Tony for... whatever reason that the editors aren't telling us.

Ben needs to use his idol for a 'resume' move. At this point nobody other than Jeremy is gonna target him, but he's gonna be a 0-vote finalist.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ApplesandOranges posted:

I think if Tony wins immunity again, the best option for Nick/Denise/Michele/Ben is to take out Sarah. Yes, Jeremy is a threat, but Sarah is Tony's ride or die right now. You have to break up pairs.

The problem is that Nick keeps jumping to protect Tony for... whatever reason that the editors aren't telling us.

Ben needs to use his idol for a 'resume' move. At this point nobody other than Jeremy is gonna target him, but he's gonna be a 0-vote finalist.

Ben using his idol to protect Tony confirmed

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Secret scene that they could have used to make Ben look like much less of a big idiot in at least one regard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoP3nIagyac

e: apparently on his twitch last night Nick said that he flipped his vote at tribal because he was afraid of going to rocks

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 02:40 on May 1, 2020

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Man the last 2 episodes have been loving awesome

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

IcePhoenix posted:

Secret scene that they could have used to make Ben look like much less of a big idiot in at least one regard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoP3nIagyac

e: apparently on his twitch last night Nick said that he flipped his vote at tribal because he was afraid of going to rocks

Which is kinda dumb since Michele would have 100% flipped on a revote anyway to protect Jeremy, but eh.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ApplesandOranges posted:

Which is kinda dumb since Michele would have 100% flipped on a revote anyway to protect Jeremy, but eh.

That's what a lot of the replies to that on reddit were yeah lol

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Michelle's commitment to Jeremy wasn't common knowledge though, right? Plus, on paper at least, she's better off with Kim than Jeremy. She has been playing kind of a wishy-washy game anyway so I don't think she can be counted on for any particular outcome.

Did Nick mention knowing about Jeremy's advantage? I assumed that was one of the seeds Tony planted during his TC pot-stirring. To me, that would be the easy selling point for a Kim vote. Even if you're not obviously on the chopping block, it's generally risky business (both in terms of optics and your own vulnerability) to be going all in against somebody with a 50% chance of safety.

Nick's basically playing the ultimate game of chicken (or "hyena", borrowing Tony's term). It's dependent entirely on him situating himself as the main organizer of a blindside (or blindsides) against the biggest threats at the last possible moments. The next vote is make-or-break for him.

Andrew_1985 posted:

I think next week is the end for Denise and one of the big players. Only because poor Denise has had almost no confessionals or storylines this season. Her idol find was Adam’s storyline and she barely got a word on her Sandra boot.

Yeah, she gone. I think it'll be Sarah and then Denise, or vice versa. Unless the 2-boot episode is setting things up for a Denise/Michelle pagonging, but my guess is it'll be the former.

Vernacular fucked around with this message at 07:11 on May 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
No matter what, we’re heading into the finale with at least one player left that has been voted out before.

Just dumb trivia.