Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

https://twitter.com/MauseTrevor/status/1238686204410937348

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

I followed a lot of Chyna's post WWE misadventures. She was on an accelerated timeline to demise. The only thing that would counteract that is years of close physical proximity to caregivers, which is a hard expensive sell to semi-functioning adults with maxed out sadbrains.

To be clear, this is one death that's not on Russo's hands.

I'd contend the cold blooded way she got fired and dumped had way more to do with it than anything Russo did

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I remember not hearing anything about Chyna for awhile, and then a report that she had been living quietly in Japan and was getting married, and I thought,"Oh good for her, she's turned her life around."

Then within I think like a month she was apparently doing video shows clearly under the influence of something, saying that she'd received OTHER marriage proposals from complete strangers but was considering them etc.... then I don't think it was long after that when she was found dead in her apartment :smith:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
https://twitter.com/thechrislev/status/1255954170911141888?s=20

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/addraax/status/1255646269843750914

https://twitter.com/iammskye1/status/1255554677317525507

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

My only problem with that tweet they're quoting is that they assume people will be having good matches with Charlotte

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It’s simple. If they have a good match it’s because Charlotte carried them and if they have a bad match, it’s because they were so bad not even Charlotte could carry them.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Ah yes, Enzo Amore would be a brilliant manager with such writing talents as rapping "I ain't Bill Cosby bitch" for thirty seconds.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

TinTower posted:

Ah yes, Enzo Amore would be a brilliant manager with such writing talents as rapping "I ain't Bill Cosby bitch" for thirty seconds.

the brain trust behind the timeless poetry of "consensual penis"

I read those lyrics and can only conclude that the loser doth protest too much, methinks

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Don't tell this person that you can elevate wrestlers by, oh I dunno, having them win matches or something

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Benne posted:

Don't tell this person that you can elevate wrestlers by, oh I dunno, having them win matches or something

Or at the very least make them look their equal, like Flair did with Sting or Windham.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I have it on good authority you don’t make new stars by having them beat established stars

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Remember how Mick Foley put Triple H over on his way out by beating him in every one-on-one match they had in early 2000? Or that time he put over Randy Orton by pinning him clean as a whistle at Backlash in 2004?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/TomBlargh/status/1255957430690775055?s=19

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is joke

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I got a chuckle out of it and the replies

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Presented without comment

https://twitter.com/Kazoochka/status/1256180731648278532

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

and chaser

https://twitter.com/MiseryEater101/status/1256236012184973312

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
(edit): wrong thread

Vellius
Sep 22, 2007

Benne posted:

i couldn't resist asking them about asuka, because come the gently caress on!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Pinche Rudo posted:

I got a chuckle out of it and the replies

The journey from "NXT is gonna crush AEW" to "AEW can barely even beat NXT during a quarantine" has been a fun one.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

The journey from "NXT is gonna crush AEW" to "AEW can barely even beat NXT during a quarantine" has been a fun one.

The Vincels have moved the goal posts even further. It's now "lol AEW will never beat Raw or SmackDown"

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Benne posted:

WINS N LOSSES DON'T MATTER

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

super macho dude posted:

WINS N LOSSES DON'T MATTER

The irony is that when wins and losses do matter it's easier to make someone look good in defeat.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pinche Rudo posted:

lol AEW will never beat Raw

Give it another 2 months

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

We haven't been this close to WWE being off the air since the steroid trials. I doubt it'll happen tho

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

You just know if Dynamite ever did somehow beat Raw/Smackdown in ratings, they would just say that Dynamite couldn't beat Raw and Smackdown's COMBINED ratings, as if that makes any sense at all.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

after that they'd probably forget to breathe! And forget how to swallow. Almost everyone would be killed by asphyxiation and we would never find out that they couldn't drink water to sustain themselves

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I put the question to you, The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Are Suspended > FIGHT ISLAND > The Chris Regal Memorial Thread for Stupid Wrestling Fan Opinions - Enjoy Your Boneyard. Which subsection of WWE Fans are the worst/most hilarious? Going by whatever quality you may like, how obnoxious they are, how how easily gotten to they are, how creepy they are, etc. etc.

I would like to put forward first: Miz Fans. Seen here having a cry over Bryan's drunken kip-ups.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That guy seems like he made a really good case that kip ups are easy and if Miz can't do one he should at least not try.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Writing a long “have you no decency sir at long last” post to somebody who definitely won’t see it, about WWE wrestler the miz and his kip-ups

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

why would some worthless screeching douche "help to ruin wrestling." that's kind of strange

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Unperson_47 posted:

You just know if Dynamite ever did somehow beat Raw/Smackdown in ratings, they would just say that Dynamite couldn't beat Raw and Smackdown's COMBINED ratings, as if that makes any sense at all.

"Yeah they beat Raw and Smackdown, but AEW doesn't even have a streaming network!"

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

"Yeah they beat Raw and Smackdown, but AEW doesn't even have a streaming network!"

After that happens, "Well they never sold out the Silverdome or AT&T stadium!"

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MJeff posted:

I put the question to you, The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Are Suspended > FIGHT ISLAND > The Chris Regal Memorial Thread for Stupid Wrestling Fan Opinions - Enjoy Your Boneyard. Which subsection of WWE Fans are the worst/most hilarious? Going by whatever quality you may like, how obnoxious they are, how how easily gotten to they are, how creepy they are, etc. etc.

I would like to put forward first: Miz Fans. Seen here having a cry over Bryan's drunken kip-ups.

Anybody with a strong opinion about Alexa Bliss.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Anybody with a strong opinion about Alexa Bliss.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Unperson_47 posted:

Raw and Smackdown still had more unique viewers!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Anybody with a strong opinion about Liv Morgan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Unperson_47 posted:

Probably move onto youtube views