Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Piss Meridian posted:

Have you or anyone you know ever paid for something like that
No, because I don't hang out with people who are the target audience for these products(insecure manbabies). Might as well ask me if sports team-related products aren't real because I've never bought them and don't know people who buy sports team crap.

e: Seriously though, some of the Manly Man Products For Men brands have been available for years and a few of them have even made it into physical stores. Somebody is buying this poo poo.

Haifisch has a new favorite as of 23:48 on Apr 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
*discussing with the wedding planner*

"The bridesmaids corsages will all be done in a matching prosciutto that will compliment the bridal bouquet/hors d'oeuvres"

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Haifisch posted:

My favorite are the Manly Man bath/body products that reassure men they won't turn gay or have their balls shrivel up if they use a loofah(excuse me, shower tool) or moisturize(it's okay because it smells like gunpowder, tobacco, and bacon!).

My husband was looking online for a cleaning product for woodworking. And that's how we discovered sawdust-scented soap.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

hyperhazard posted:

My husband was looking online for a cleaning product for woodworking. And that's how we discovered sawdust-scented soap.

Well. Sawdust is a pretty nice smell, so ok? Not as if Sandalwood hasn't been a fairly well known fragrance for a long time.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

dirksteadfast posted:

The fact that there are companies that specialize in “manly” wedding bands and wedding tuxes (i.e. camo tuxedos) because heaven forbid my family and friends think I’m gay as I marry my wife means nothing is off the table for dumb macho products.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

dirksteadfast posted:

The fact that there are companies that specialize in “manly” wedding bands and wedding tuxes (i.e. camo tuxedos) because heaven forbid my family and friends think I’m gay as I marry my wife means nothing is off the table for dumb macho products.

You've got it all wrong, the camo tuxedos are for literal shotgun weddings.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Well we are not posting them in the Successful Marketing Moves thread, now are we?

When my dad died my friends sent me a basket from some bro basket company. It was like 10 different airplane bottles of whiskey, some high end jerky, and a thing of hot nuts. It was cool, but it wasn't trying to be anything cutesy, just "sorry man get drunk and be sure to eat something."

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

hyperhazard posted:

I once received a gift of cedar scented soap from one of those weird MANLY SOAP companies. It smelled real nice actually!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

hyperhazard posted:

That sounds pretty good tbh

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

There is tobacco and charcoal scented soap sold at a market near me and it smells really nice e

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

oldpainless posted:

There is tobacco and charcoal scented soap sold at a market near me and it smells really nice e

Both in one soap or separate?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

Both in one soap or separate?

Charcoal by itself and then there’s a coffee/tobacco combined

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Dr Squatch is pretty good mansoap that doesn’t play up the Manly Man aspect and the scents are pretty varied and good

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Dr Squatch is pretty good mansoap that doesn’t play up the Manly Man aspect and the scents are pretty varied and good

I read that as Dr. Sasquatch, which would be a good brand name I think.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

I've been using the same body wash for ages so I have to ask. What is the difference between mansoap and other soap? Is it just a scent thing?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

d3lness posted:

I've been using the same body wash for ages so I have to ask. What is the difference between mansoap and other soap? Is it just a scent thing?

Also the packaging is black. It may say 'tactical'.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

d3lness posted:

Man soap is specifically formulated for a man, much in the same way shampoo and deodorants lose their effectiveness when used by people they aren’t intended for. As an example, my soap says it can be used for shaving whilst my wife’s soap doesn’t say it can be used for shaving. Feel free to PM me.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I don’t know if I can trust the opinions of someone who didn’t like Duke Nukem 3D, tbh

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

more like oldshaveless

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

The Lone Badger posted:

I read that as Dr. Sasquatch, which would be a good brand name I think.

It's short for that, actually. And yeah, the ads not only play up the "MANLY SOAP, FOR MEN" angle, but they also use homophobic dogwhistles in their ads, as well as other markers of toxic masculinity, with a little sprinkling of "those are detergents, THIS IS SOAP, IT'S NATURAL, LIKE NATURE, NOT CHEMICALS" so yeah, gently caress Dr. Squatch because I see those lovely ads before every video if I don't have an adblock on.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I use a soap that’s got an aroma of cedar wood and oak moss and I fuckin love how it smells.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

1redflag posted:

I don’t know if I can trust the opinions of someone who didn’t like Duke Nukem 3D, tbh

Ok pal firstly who said I didn’t like duke nukem 3D and secondly chief these aren’t opinions they’re facts

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Piss Meridian posted:

Have you or anyone you know ever paid for something like that

Body wash is very popular with Sailors of the U.S. Navy, and men in general, it can only be applied properly using a pouf or loofah, which is a little gay, but the Axe Brand Body Tool (really a pouf and loofah in one) is 0% gay, so yes poo poo like that is very common.

E: I have a "sawdust" and a "2x4" scented candle, and they smell delightful.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
My favorite soaps are this cheap English "coal tar" scent stuff and the lavender variety of the Crazy Hippie Schizo Religious soap.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

oldpainless posted:

Products like that are made to appeal to people who liked duke nukem 3D

Duke 3D had a solid engine but pretty much every non-duke game that used it was better

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you put some loving respect on Dr. Bronner's name he just wants you to be clean

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Alaois posted:

I'm All-One, motherfucker.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Elviscat posted:

Body wash is very popular with Sailors of the U.S. Navy, and men in general, it can only be applied properly using a pouf or loofah, which is a little gay, but the Axe Brand Body Tool (really a pouf and loofah in one) is 0% gay, so yes poo poo like that is very common.

E: I have a "sawdust" and a "2x4" scented candle, and they smell delightful.

I actually liked the body tool. The fingergrips were nice and I liked the reversability. Only seen it once though, so I'm back to bath puffs.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Alaois posted:

Actually he also wants you to be able to do shrooms.

https://twitter.com/DrBronner/status/1253736732530364416?s=20

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

oldpainless posted:

Man soap is specifically formulated for a man, much in the same way shampoo and deodorants lose their effectiveness when used by people they aren’t intended for. As an example, my soap says it can be used for shaving whilst my wife’s soap doesn’t say it can be used for shaving. Feel free to PM me.
I find that difficult to believe.

Soap can’t talk.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Alaois posted:

hell, just the opening paragraph of his wiki article is a trip

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Back when I had my own shower, it had a bottle of shampoo/conditioner and a bottle of body wash in it. Cleaning it took like 2 minutes with a rag soaked in bleach. Now that I’m married, it takes twice that long just to get all the stuff out.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

dirksteadfast posted:

lol remember this

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
You kissed a girl?! That is so gay!

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You kissed a girl instead of spending all your time around men?! That is so gay!

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

My favorite soaps are this cheap English "coal tar" scent stuff and the lavender variety of the Crazy Hippie Schizo Religious soap.

Sorry, liking any scent means that you are now a homosexual.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Look if a boutique soap reminds him of sweaty glistening man muscles doing manly things, is it really that gay?

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

The real Manly men live in Sydney.

A beach suburb is named Manly. It was named by Manly Cochrane from Vancouver B.C. on 15th May 1788. History does not record what soap he used unfortunately

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Tuxedos are totally gay, that's why they're the iconic outfit of famous gay character, James Bond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sunswipe posted:

Tuxedos are totally gay, that's why they're the iconic outfit of famous gay character, James Bond.

It's implied James Bond has done the gay, with a guy, in the new movies.