Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

199,999 dead by May 31.

E:what an awful snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I mean... that curve seems to be going up and up

Still rising

human life is worthless in 2020, as long as I don’t know them

hell, they might support that politician I don’t like, good riddance!!!! We’re too many as it is! more oxygen for meeeeeee

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

COVID-19 MAY 2020 USA CUM DEATHS GUESSING GAME
Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Schnorkles posted:

as of right now the two biggest unknowns right now are what the acceleration effect of the re-opening measures are and (likely inversely related) what the political response to the economy remaining an absolute dumpster fire when the republicans all proclaim that they're open for business tomorrow.

May is going to be a dark month.

you better pick a number, plane.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I mean... that curve seems to be going up and up

Still rising

human life is worthless in 2020, as long as I don’t know them

hell, they might support that politician I don’t like, good riddance!!!! We’re too many as it is! more oxygen for meeeeeee

I'll pencil you in for 0 USD

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

you better pick a number, plane.

lets go for "it just keeps getting worse"

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

this really depends on your definition of normal

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

The Alpha Centauri posted:

i'm almost 40

i definitely peaked

:same:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Inceltown posted:

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1256023804758949891

lmao no. I think they're going to stop reporting poo poo.

tfw you know youre right about something

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Sir Tonk posted:

https://twitter.com/MacKinnRuth/status/1255900922305224705

im trying to find a downside to this and am struggling

lol. the unemployment benefits that will all start expiring right before the election. lmao

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol. the unemployment benefits that will all start expiring right before the election. lmao

They're expired already for service industry workers in states that have opened up

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

MadJackal posted:

I'm still alive!

I'm so glad that you're okay! I know the work you've done has saved lives, thank you so much for all that you've done and all that you've sacrificed to keep people safe.

Spergin Morlock posted:

I take it that nobody's going to be flanked from the left anytime soon.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

1 higher than bearjew

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

(bearjew + 1)

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Inceltown posted:

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1256023804758949891

lmao no. I think they're going to stop reporting poo poo.

pence and pompeo hate china because they are jealous they can't do what china does to dissidents and journalists

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

BORN TO DIE
WORLD IS A gently caress
Kill Em All 1989
I am trash man
410,757,864,530 COVID DEATHS IN THE US

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Dammerung posted:

I take it that nobody's going to be flanked from the left anytime soon.

Biden has already been flanked on the left by Trump :chaostrump:

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

MadJackal posted:

I'm still alive!

Small update. I'm back at the hospital, working nights now Sunday-Friday 7PM-7AM. It's a much easier post to be stationed at. Basically I'm here to answer any questions my Intern has while she gets hammered by calls all night and respond to any Rapid Responses or Codes. And even then, we have ICU backup for 9/10 of these.

My hospital has discharged just over 500 patients with COVID, and seen around 180ish patients with COVID die.

The Chief Resident I mentioned in Day 2 is still alive and well. He's been running his own ventilator bay with only a little ICU Attending oversight for the past two weeks. From what he's told me, the fatality rate of being on a ventilator is about 85%. The parameters of what it takes to be put on a vent have gotten even more stringent, which freaks out the nurses (rightfully).

But it looks like we hit the high tide right around my last day on the floors. The new COVID cases have plateaued and we've emptied the ventilator farms of the PACU, the majority of the Cath lab, and the SICU. We've taken back multiple wings of the hospital, and only have a handful of COVID only units.

The daytime team (which I was leading when I wrote the above) now has ZERO COVID cases and a census of 12 (down from 22 all-COVID patients at my team's peak). They'll probably level out to a pre-COVID normal of 15-18 over the next week.

No Resident has become symptomatic so far. One attending got a mild case, didn't require hospitalization. Asymptomatic hospital personnel are being offered serology screening starting tomorrow.

We're getting $2500 in combat pay.

I'll be honest, COVID hosed with me. I spent two weeks of vacation just getting drunk and rereading everything and dreading my future (I have no idea where I want to practice now, I'm heading back home for a month or two to get things figured out). Wrote some more.

Right before heading back to work last Sunday, cried in the parking lot for the first time ever in med school or residency. Still went in and did my 12 hours. It's gotten a little better every night since.

gently caress yeah

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

going to guess around 250,000 (two hundred and fifty thousand) omfg (oh my fuckin god) :supaburn: (little smile face guy flailing around because he is on fire)
e: seeing there are already a couple 250k guesses I will raise mine to 262k

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 03:32 on May 1, 2020

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

but also by the end of may we'll be hearing of death rate reporting suppression in red states.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Leon Sumbitches posted:

199,999 dead by May 31.

E:what an awful snipe.

arg didn't see this before posting mine

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

BONGHITZ posted:

1 higher than bearjew

:catstare:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

MadJackal posted:

I'm still alive!

Small update. I'm back at the hospital, working nights now Sunday-Friday 7PM-7AM. It's a much easier post to be stationed at. Basically I'm here to answer any questions my Intern has while she gets hammered by calls all night and respond to any Rapid Responses or Codes. And even then, we have ICU backup for 9/10 of these.

My hospital has discharged just over 500 patients with COVID, and seen around 180ish patients with COVID die.

The Chief Resident I mentioned in Day 2 is still alive and well. He's been running his own ventilator bay with only a little ICU Attending oversight for the past two weeks. From what he's told me, the fatality rate of being on a ventilator is about 85%. The parameters of what it takes to be put on a vent have gotten even more stringent, which freaks out the nurses (rightfully).

But it looks like we hit the high tide right around my last day on the floors. The new COVID cases have plateaued and we've emptied the ventilator farms of the PACU, the majority of the Cath lab, and the SICU. We've taken back multiple wings of the hospital, and only have a handful of COVID only units.

The daytime team (which I was leading when I wrote the above) now has ZERO COVID cases and a census of 12 (down from 22 all-COVID patients at my team's peak). They'll probably level out to a pre-COVID normal of 15-18 over the next week.

No Resident has become symptomatic so far. One attending got a mild case, didn't require hospitalization. Asymptomatic hospital personnel are being offered serology screening starting tomorrow.

We're getting $2500 in combat pay.

I'll be honest, COVID hosed with me. I spent two weeks of vacation just getting drunk and rereading everything and dreading my future (I have no idea where I want to practice now, I'm heading back home for a month or two to get things figured out). Wrote some more.

Right before heading back to work last Sunday, cried in the parking lot for the first time ever in med school or residency. Still went in and did my 12 hours. It's gotten a little better every night since.

That's great. Glad to hear you're doing better.

CHUCK WAS TAKEN
Aug 1, 2004
this kid has heart
130,000 seems about right. Boy this is gonna be bad. I'm fully expecting to get it, being in a tourist area in Georgia that is already overflowing with people from farther south

CHUCK WAS TAKEN has issued a correction as of 03:47 on May 1, 2020

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1256048099862208514?s=20

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

things are going to improve rapidly and nothing bad will happen to the protestors. no one in power will be held accountable for anything

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I can't wait to hear the America-hating libs shriek like little girlies when the Trump Economic Miracle roars back by end of May!

coke
Jul 12, 2009

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

550k, not great not terrible

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

hey that seems great

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I am rock hard for chud death.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/nmeyersohn/status/1256049685925634050?s=20

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

please cough

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Der Meister posted:

hey that seems great

https://twitter.com/biannagolodryga/status/1255970749686390784?s=20

:texas:

Wendell_T_Stamps
Nov 26, 2017

COOOOOOOOODYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

lemme get a uhhhh 96024

169420 is also probable, the smart money is on empty whippet box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Current guesses:

If anyone knows any Smart Epidemiologists with predictions for May 31st please let me know

I misread I thought it was for the month, mine is 103k if you dont mind. Can we buy multiple entries