Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bi-la kaifa
Feb 4, 2011

Space maggots.

123321 it's going to be a weird special number that nerds and weirdos will obsess over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
dang y'all some optimistic motherfuckers

here in texas, CHURCHES, MALLS, THEATERS, RETAIL STORES, ARE ALL OPENING at quarter occupancy

MASKS ARE ONLY ADVISORY

people around here were already pretty strongly in the "just a bad flu" territory and most refuse to wear masks, and this is their sign that everything is safe

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

holy lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

for the deaths game I chose 1

if someone chose that I choose 2

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I misread I thought it was for the month, mine is 103k if you dont mind.

Updated

quote:

Can we buy multiple entries
:10bux:

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Thanks, I hate it.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
lmfao this poo poo is so stupid

my dad's a foxnews grampa and he's gonna fuckin get inflected and die because he wants to OPEN IT UP and i'm gonna have to take care of his estate bullshit ufgggghhh

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

COVID-19 MAY 2020 USA CUM DEATHS GUESSING GAME
Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Wedge Regret

Flesh Forge posted:

here in texas, CHURCHES, MALLS, THEATERS, RETAIL STORES, ARE ALL OPENING at quarter occupancy

MASKS ARE ONLY ADVISORY

people around here were already pretty strongly in the "just a bad flu" territory and most refuse to wear masks, and this is their sign that everything is safe

You dont see chuds salting the narrative with "doctors are just putting everything down as covid" as a indicator that they aren't just going to straight up gently caress with reporting as soon as their caught in their stupidity?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.
gonna reiterate my answer of 269000 if you're looking for this quoted post specifically

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

2 is much too low

I guess 10

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

How the gently caress do you keep that place open by presidential order?

Who are they going to get to work there? Prisoners?

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

apatheticman posted:

but also by the end of may we'll be hearing of death rate reporting suppression in red states.

https://www.businessinsider.com/florida-officials-stop-publishing-coronavirus-death-toll-data-2020-4

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

got any sevens posted:

lmfao this poo poo is so stupid

my dad's a foxnews grampa and he's gonna fuckin get inflected and die because he wants to OPEN IT UP and i'm gonna have to take care of his estate bullshit ufgggghhh

I hope he leaves you some nice poo poo.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

revised below

Antonymous has issued a correction as of 03:51 on May 1, 2020

Dayvan Cowboy
Feb 11, 2014

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Wedge Regret

Aw beans.

I thought this would be at least a week away.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Zeroisanumber posted:

How the gently caress do you keep that place open by presidential order?

Who are they going to get to work there? Prisoners?

yeah, I think so

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

hmmm seems bad, but what do I know

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Lawman 0 posted:

Excited for DEATH

Excited to start my very own PPE fashion designs.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

oh for fucks sake I have to pay rent tomorrow

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Antonymous posted:

Worldmeter says in the first 200,000 resolved cases, about 29% resulted in death.

There's 875,000 active cases now, plus we can pretty safely assume next month will bring us at least 30,000 new confirmed cases per day average, but those deaths will lag confirmation a little.

We were at 200,000 confirmed cases April 1st, 15,000 resolved - so resolved cases lags by a month or so

875,000 confirmed before May 1st, so lets say we have 900,000 more resolved cases by June 1st, that's all the cases as of today resolved in the next 31 days and no cases from next month resolving. Let's also assume mortality falls to 25%.

900,000*0.25=225,000 plus we have 63,000 deaths already.

288,000 deaths.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

revising upwards to 12

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

euphronius posted:

revising upwards to 12

What are you, the IHME?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

snoo posted:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

What are you, the IHME?

I didn’t say 0 lamo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

i was thinking today that any leftist movement in the USA has to be non Internet and based on paper and word of mouth

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

here to declare may a month of horniness for hot mess mom (HMM)

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Flesh Forge posted:

MASKS ARE ONLY ADVISORY

the dems are finally going to take texas this cycle

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

cum deaths 180,000

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

I'm leaning towards 180 - 200k. No peak has been passed, nothing has changed, America locked down weeks after Europe and is staying locked down for a shorter amount of time. This means infections are going to skyrocket. The infrastructure to test and report on the other hand? Entirely up to the local authorities. The official number on the tv will go down, the number of anecdotal infections is going UP.

And thats just May. June will be worse.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I want to participate in a rent strike so bad but if I get evicted from here it's unlikely I'll ever get an apartment again anytime soon since most have income requirements and credit checks :peanut:

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Flesh Forge posted:

MASKS ARE ONLY ADVISORY

it's ok they won't be reported as dying from it

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

165,000 official total
real total closer to 480,000 (if we ever get the data to figure it out)

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I wish I knew how many ppl in my apartment complex aren't paying rent

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m in full chud Pa and people are at least wearing masks

Jesus Christ Texas

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

snoo posted:

just get elected president, then the uae will pay your rent for you bing bing bong so simple

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Southpaugh posted:

I'm leaning towards 180 - 200k. No peak has been passed, nothing has changed, America locked down weeks after Europe and is staying locked down for a shorter amount of time. This means infections are going to skyrocket. The infrastructure to test and report on the other hand? Entirely up to the local authorities. The official number on the tv will go down, the number of anecdotal infections is going UP.

And thats just May. June will be worse.

the choices set upon in late april will only come to consequence in mid june, and june is going to be bloody. our only hope is that medical and burial infrastructure is in place by then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

snoo posted:

I wish I knew how many ppl in my apartment complex aren't paying rent

dont ask then or anythint