Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Man Musk posted:

Maths question: We’re already well past Mardi Gras where 2% of all participants succumbed to the roni. Is that 2% figure cumulative, i.e. if you visit the beach 98 times this season will you catch the roni?

If you have a 98% chance of not catching covid each time you go to the beach and you go 100 times your chance of not getting infected is 0.98^100 = 13%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
can't wait for all the virus related word problems in the next generation of algebra textbooks

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

COVID-19 MAY 2020 USA CUM DEATHS GUESSING GAME
Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.

178,430 total cumdeaths

Samurai Sanders posted:

A friend of a friend is a cop and is going to have to start evicting people like...today. I don't know what to say to my friend about it other than just I wish that it wasn't that way.

Unless he has a court order saying he has to, and it's been vetted and confirmed, he actually doesn't. And even if it is, he can still double check it.

Nobody's going to fault him if he slow walks all the dotting of i's and crossing of t's.

Strong Quizno's Subs vibes from this work of art

Man Musk posted:

Maths question: We’re already well past Mardi Gras where 2% of all participants succumbed to the roni. Is that 2% figure cumulative, i.e. if you visit the beach 98 times this season will you catch the roni?

Depends on who does your maths.

Flesh Forge posted:

strap in boys and girls etc :pervert:

https://twitter.com/jeremymbarr/status/1256070806804848643

e: I legit cannot wait to see what kind of batshit insane stuff goes on at that :allears:

Can't wait for a WH press secretary to cry live on TV

Question, can radium revive the "forums cancer" thing, but change it to "forums roni" and give it to the top poster in these threads? TIA

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

180,273 will be dead by May 31st

kater
Nov 16, 2010

got any sevens posted:

one of these is not like the other

why dont they just have a bunch of child abuse fundraisers.

blacksocks
Feb 20, 2007

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.

I'm an optimist

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

250,000 +/- 100,000

coke
Jul 12, 2009

lol that's not roy moore in the photo is it

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lol two months for something loving reasonable to appear.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYfwRtS9Rmc

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Mistle posted:

Question, can radium revive the "forums cancer" thing, but change it to "forums roni" and give it to the top poster in these threads? TIA

Radium is long gone and current dev team isn't really keep on cancer coming back.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

fits my needs posted:

what are all the ppl with jobs that rely on tourism or whatever doing in hawaii now

Trying to collect unemployment I guess, but our system is apparently overwhelmed. There's lots of food giveaways all over the place and we have an eviction moratorium until the end of May that started mid March (also strong tenant laws so eviction is actually a huge pain for the landlord anyway and the state keeps reiterating that they want people to work it out amongst themselves and not take it to the courts) and both the electric and water companies said they are suspending shutoffs until end of July.

Also the Bank of Hawaii has been giving out takeout food reimbursements which was cool.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
How do you tell the cum deaths from the regular deaths?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Man Musk posted:

No, you have to go 100 times and you catch it twice. If you only go 98 times you can’t get it.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don't have any excuses for this person. Only, I want to support my friend without saying that their friend is hurting people and themselves and it's hard.
Not sure how lying to your friend is supportive but I also don’t have any friends who would expect me to be cool with their friend evicting people in a pandemic. People are going to die as a result, if your friend doesn’t agree that’s a really hosed up thing for their cop friend to do and wants you to be okay with it then maybe your friend sucks.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/PageSix/status/1256096907526635522?s=20

lol

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/AtlRealityTV/status/1256033907394392078

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

They start with

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

for the Showcase Special, I would like to guess 25,500

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

140,000 crisis actors by the end of may.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

kater posted:

why dont they just have a bunch of child abuse fundraisers.

I'm sure people would pay good money for it but the church is in enough trouble for that kind of thing as it is.

Edmund Sparkler has issued a correction as of 07:03 on May 1, 2020

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Samurai Sanders posted:

A friend of a friend is a cop and is going to have to start evicting people like...today. I don't know what to say to my friend about it other than just I wish that it wasn't that way.

why the gently caress do you associate with cops you loving fascist bootlicker

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
is there a site that displays case fatality rate in percentage form per US state?

e:

How accurate is the US coronavirus death count? Some experts say it's off by 'tens of thousands'

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Samurai Sanders posted:

tell that friend of a friend to kill himself

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/zachheltzel/status/1256022398987460609

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

is there a site that displays case fatality rate in percentage form per US state?

e:

How accurate is the US coronavirus death count? Some experts say it's off by 'tens of thousands'

This is accurate to four or five days ago I think, they're still in the midst of catching up from that lost week due to the passing of the manager's father.

https://bnonews.com/index.php/2020/01/tracking-coronavirus-u-s-data/

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

2 million

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

empty whippet box posted:

why the gently caress do you associate with cops you loving fascist bootlicker
You know how sometimes people grow up in super conservative situations but then move away and their opinions and stuff change, but they can't let go of their childhood friendships? It's one of those situations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Charlz Guybon posted:

This is accurate to four or five days ago I think, they're still in the midst of catching up from that lost week due to the passing of the manager's father.

https://bnonews.com/index.php/2020/01/tracking-coronavirus-u-s-data/

thanks, couldn't find this (total cases and total deaths yes, but then I'd have to make a spreadsheet to calc the percentage)

u_s_eh
Feb 19, 2005

I AM ALL I AM NONE
240,000 deaths

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

it's only more than 20 times as many people died in 9/11, an event which we have monuments to and have constructed our entire society around for 20 years now. which is absolutely jack poo poo. who cares? 60k people? who gives a gently caress. we need haircuts

lmfao like americans care about your dead relatives when they can't get $9 draft coors lights at applebees. how loving selfish of you to expect them to care about that when they can't have dine in at a nice $15 a plate restaurant with their families who don't want to see them anywhere else

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

End of May, 104k US deaths

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Cum deaths make a bigger splash and leave a larger stain.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019
Put me down for 200,000 official deaths, with total "excess deaths" pushing it to 300,000. We're gonna start lying.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Joey Steel posted:

Put me down for 200,000 official deaths, with total "excess deaths" pushing it to 300,000. We're gonna start lying.

start? lol

buddy...

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

it's only more than 20 times as many people died in 9/11, an event which we have monuments to and have constructed our entire society around for 20 years now. which is absolutely jack poo poo. who cares? 60k people? who gives a gently caress. we need haircuts

lmfao like americans care about your dead relatives when they can't get $9 draft coors lights at applebees. how loving selfish of you to expect them to care about that when they can't have dine in at a nice $15 a plate restaurant with their families who don't want to see them anywhere else

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Gonna say 144,000 for the full apocalypse.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

You never been to an Applebee's lol

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

drat i should have guessed like -69 instead. we're gonna completely undo all covid deaths and there'll be a few articles about how covid actually got some people pregnant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.