Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

This is real as poo poo.

I reread the Animorphs books last summer. They start out by pranking Visser Three's secret base by filling it with instant oatmeal. They end with a debate between the protagonists on how much collateral damage is acceptable if they drop a nuke on it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

wizzardstaff posted:

This is real as poo poo.

I reread the Animorphs books last summer. They start out by pranking Visser Three's secret base by filling it with instant oatmeal. They end with a debate between the protagonists on how much collateral damage is acceptable if they drop a nuke on it.

There's actually an ongoing Let's Read thread for them!

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Oh drat, thanks! I need to stop living in my bookmarks and look at new threads sometimes.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?
mildly :nws:
https://i.imgur.com/RPJujBd.png

Modedit for spoilered inline :nws:.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody has a new favorite as of 07:18 on May 2, 2020

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

wizzardstaff posted:

This is real as poo poo.

iirc it wasn't so much a prank. Apparently the villains had a bizarre thing where they became hopelessly addicted to the chemicals in oatmeal to the point that they die without it.

Essentially dumping super heroin into their tanks

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

RaspberryCommie posted:

iirc it wasn't so much a prank. Apparently the villains had a bizarre thing where they became hopelessly addicted to the chemicals in oatmeal to the point that they die without it.

This just means keto diets are more powerful than I could imagine.

Time to buy lard.

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

This meme is simultaneously dumb as poo poo and highly educational.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I like the throwaway line where Ax says "y'know if they just wanted to kill you all they'd use their final super gun to ignite the atmosphere. That's a thing they can do."

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Animorphs has a pretty solid concept, though I feel like it would be a lot better with a remake that has a more sensible publishing model and consistent tone. It's basically a Body Snatchers dealio, where the whole point is the aliens are brain parasites who see humanity as the perfect hosts, and for obvious reasons don't want to just glass the planet and avoid open warfare unless absolutely necessary- since keeping the majority of humanity alive is what they want. It's a bit like V or X-COM, though with a more outright conspiracy approach to an encroaching alien invasion rather than feigned benevolence or open hostility.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Animorphs has a pretty solid concept, though I feel like it would be a lot better with a remake that has a more sensible publishing model and consistent tone. It's basically a Body Snatchers dealio, where the whole point is the aliens are brain parasites who see humanity as the perfect hosts, and for obvious reasons don't want to just glass the planet and avoid open warfare unless absolutely necessary- since keeping the majority of humanity alive is what they want. It's a bit like V or X-COM, though with a more outright conspiracy approach to an encroaching alien invasion rather than feigned benevolence or open hostility.

Also the kids turn into gorillas and poo poo

Honestly I feel like you may have made one of the greatest oversights of all time here

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

RaspberryCommie posted:

Yeah, and I think there was a callback later when they dealt with some super-addicted aliens. But the tone of the whole book at that point in the series was pretty light, just short of the villain shaking his fist in the air and cursing those meddling kids. It had the exact air of a Saturday morning cartoon where no bloodshed or death was allowed, just robots and sleep rays.

The series ended like 6 months before 9/11 and I really wonder what effect that might have had on the books had they continued.

Since this is the meme thread, how about one about real-life aliens:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

sub-par, not even an -ino.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Yeah shame on her and all but that cocaine made her look fantastic in the slave bikini. Isn't that some form of legacy we all wish to leave behind someday?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sleeveless posted:

dudes will go "read another book :smuggo:" whenever anyone makes even the smallest reference to Harry Potter but roughly 1600 movies came out in North America in the time between The Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker and it's still all they want to talk about online

Read other forums.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Read other forums.

Make different posts.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

MageMage posted:

Yeah shame on her and all but that cocaine made her look fantastic in the slave bikini. Isn't that some form of legacy we all wish to leave behind someday?

Technically lots of legacies have been left behind because of that bikini.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

People doing drugs > people never doing drugs

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

MageMage posted:

:whitewater:

content:
https://imgur.com/gallery/S4IjCQB

this

is going in my reaction images folder forever

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

MageMage posted:

Proposal: A heartfelt remembrance of a person who was able to overcome their demons to become an activist for mental health whole also being a feminist icon

Reality:

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
anyone in skull face paint with a top-hat is better than all of wicca.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

This rules.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This better be true, don’t gently caress with me....
:ohdear:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

This better be true, don’t gently caress with me....
:ohdear:

It's real, calm down

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

i thought they were new stories. i really can't stand his 80s coked out poo poo.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

killer crane posted:

i thought they were new stories. i really can't stand his 80s coked out poo poo.

Literally all of his best work was in his cocaine phase.

78-87 was Stephen King's "E.T. to Schindler's List" or "Off the Wall to Dangerous"

Nothing but chart toppers, #1's, blockbusters, hits, and classics. You're a madman.

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.
It's International Workers Day! (For my fellow Americans: it's the real labor day) I'm thankful I am still working during these trying times.

A special message for you:

https://i.imgur.com/pXIY0xn.mp4

Sure, this would better go into D&D, but I quarantined myself from there over a year ago for mental health reasons...

Also: auto-generated memes are despoiling the honest labor of memesmiths and lowering the overall quality of the product. Don't fall into their traps, it's not making life easier, it's poisoning it!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

:hmmyes:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

I read this

1 4
2 5
3 6

And was very confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Melaneus posted:

It's International Workers Day! (For my fellow Americans: it's the real labor day) I'm thankful I am still working during these trying time
https://i.imgur.com/pXIY0xn.mp4

I lol'd pretty hard at burny bros