Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

snoo posted:

hahahaha I'm so loving scared

3 million years of goon evolution has given u the gift of survival, use it well *alt tabs back into The Urbz: Sims in the City*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

The median guess is, once again, 169420.

i really do think it's a reasonable guess

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Man Musk posted:

3 million years of goon evolution has given u the gift of survival, use it well *alt tabs back into The Urbz: Sims in the City*

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Cumulative deaths by May 31st guesses:

1-76:

77-147:

The median guess is, once again, 169420.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/305906786408480770

I will collect more guesses tomorrow. There's still until 07:00 GMT May 2nd to guess.

But taking out the 3 highest guesses, and the lowest 8, which are impossible, what is the mean answer?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/roseveleth/status/1256051090048421888

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Charlz Guybon posted:

But taking out the 3 highest guesses, and the lowest 8, which are impossible, what is the mean answer?

I'll post the full sheet tomorrow when everything is done so you can do whatever basic statistics or advanced machine learning you want on it, but it's important to remember that all guesses are beautiful, even those that require resurrection and/or repeated death.

Notorious R.I.M. has issued a correction as of 09:00 on May 1, 2020

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

empty whippet box posted:

it's only more than 20 times as many people died in 9/11, an event which we have monuments to and have constructed our entire society around for 20 years now. which is absolutely jack poo poo. who cares? 60k people? who gives a gently caress. we need haircuts

lmfao like americans care about your dead relatives when they can't get $9 draft coors lights at applebees. how loving selfish of you to expect them to care about that when they can't have dine in at a nice $15 a plate restaurant with their families who don't want to see them anywhere else

well yeah military industrial complex ghouls aren't turning on the consent manufacturing propaganda tap for some pussy poo poo like "curing disease". The mkultra psyops apparatus is only to be used for PROFITABLE WAR!

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

but I wanna see how far we edge ourselves into thinking the roni is a chineese bioweapon and the WHO is rife with Chinese infiltrators

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

i bet it will be further than you'd think

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Marzzle posted:

i bet it will be further than you'd think

That won't be hard because I don't think. Life is much better that way.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Guessing 130,000

Some places are opening up now but it sometimes takes 2 weeks to even show symptoms and the worst of it seems to be in its 2nd-3rd week so I think most of the fallout of opening states early isn’t gonna show until end of May / June , so I’m gonna go double of our current count with a bit extra.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

somnambulist posted:

Guessing 130,000

Some places are opening up now but it sometimes takes 2 weeks to even show symptoms and the worst of it seems to be in its 2nd-3rd week so I think most of the fallout of opening states early isn’t gonna show until end of May / June , so I’m gonna go double of our current count with a bit extra.

you're applying this logic forward but don't forget that cases have doubled since April 12th... third week is coming up for the first of those now. have to apply that logic backward too.

Half the cases in the US are just coming due now, let alone what growth is still to come in the next two weeks that will see fatalities before June 1st.

Number go up

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

snoo posted:

lol same

I was diagnosed with panic disorder just before all this started, this is a great time to feel random, fluish-to-heart-attack symptoms and uncontrollable terror every time my stress levels spike (i. e. pretty much constantly).

Man Musk posted:

REOPEN 𝒪𝓊𝓉𝒷𝒶𝒸𝓀 𝒮𝓉𝑒𝒶𝓀𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓈𝑒 NOW

Does anyone else ever feel the urge to scream "IT'S OPEN FOR DELIVERY YOU FUCKS!!! IF YOU CAN AFFORD TO SPEND $30 PER PERSON FOR MEDIOCRE AMERICAN FOOD YOU CAN AFFORD A loving $10 DELIVERY FEE!!!"? No? Is it just me?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

snoo posted:

:(

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Marzzle posted:

but I wanna see how far we edge ourselves into thinking the roni is a chineese bioweapon and the WHO is rife with Chinese infiltrators

edging cum deaths

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I keep buying alcohol I’ve bought more alcohol the last month than prolly my entire time in college I wish weed we’re leagule and also I didn’t feel like I was dying when I smoked it

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Flesh Forge posted:

texas vs florida death match

look at the maps of urban density, the atlantic and gulf coastlines of florida are basically giant cities

hey so uh you guys shut down your airports right

https://twitter.com/TectonixGEO/status/1242628347034767361

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/BloombergTV/status/1256143889465053185

so covid-20 will just be a roster update?

here is the report its from the university of minnesotta: https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/sites/default/files/public/downloads/cidrap-covid19-viewpoint-part1.pdf

(all their scenarios expect this current peak to be as bad as it gets)

poty has issued a correction as of 10:01 on May 1, 2020

poty
Jun 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/FinancialTimes/status/1256121223341211648

it will be tough but i offer to sacrifice and eat some of this excess steak and cheese if sent for free

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

truly the ends times: forced to stay at home, pretending to do work, and eating a lot of good foods. no other generation has suffered as ours has

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

Not to mention all the liquor and weed.

Quarantine has been super fun for me personally.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ryanrs posted:

Not to mention all the liquor and weed.

Quarantine has been super fun for me personally.

all i do is make buttons, get hosed up, cook food and play fortnite it rules

pandemic every year imo

e: oh and I have more money than I have had at one time in many years, also because of the coronavirus.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

elon really going full chud

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Admiral Ray posted:

Because you can in america.

apple BEES in a-mer-i-ca
apple BEES in a-MER-i-ca
apple BEES in a-mer-i-ca
apple bees in a mer EE cahhhhh

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
applebees in the trap, be-be-bees in the trap

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Does anyone else ever feel the urge to scream "IT'S OPEN FOR DELIVERY YOU FUCKS!!! IF YOU CAN AFFORD TO SPEND $30 PER PERSON FOR MEDIOCRE AMERICAN FOOD YOU CAN AFFORD A loving $10 DELIVERY FEE!!!"? No? Is it just me?

it’s about the dining experience

getting to see other people eat and denigrating the help

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

I can't wait to see this pandemics imdb page.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

spaceblancmange posted:

I can't wait to see this pandemics imdb page.

Times person of the year: Coronavirus.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Durf posted:

hey so uh you guys shut down your airports right

https://twitter.com/TectonixGEO/status/1242628347034767361

Nightmare inducing

Oh, and speaking of C-spam, it's our favorite senator. ;)

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1255991528155217920

poty
Jun 21, 2008

psa for alex jones' neighbor

https://twitter.com/mooncult/status/1256074030697689088

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

COVID-19 MAY 2020 USA CUM DEATHS GUESSING GAME
Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

30829 new cases and 2201 new deaths yesterday

open it up.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

30829 new cases and 2201 new deaths yesterday

open it up.

don't worry, it will be less for the next few days, which has N O T H I N G to do with it being the weekend and is actually because we opened 'er up

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

empty whippet box posted:

don't worry, it will be less for the next few days, which has N O T H I N G to do with it being the weekend and is actually because we opened 'er up

People have to be outside to be purified by the sun's healing rays

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's ok I predict that the deaths will sharply fall once most of the population is dead. We were ignorant and close minded to ignore mother nature's own vaccine against all and any disease, folks!

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Quote this if your part of the 169420 krew

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Our R jumped pretty much instantly from 0.6 to 0.9 when stuff slowly started opening up. Now we're opening up for visitors in nursing homes. lmao

SplitSoul has issued a correction as of 11:49 on May 1, 2020