Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Burn Zone posted:

if you haven't gotten the memo yet

lmao firemen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
liek do people not read about what apartheid SA was like and how people working in mines were treated? elon musk was practically from a slave owning family

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

forums are once again ahead of the curve

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Burn Zone posted:

Forcibly ventilate whoever made this

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

fits my needs posted:

letting ur pets control ur life so completely sounds really exhausting

its like a kid but instead of turning 18 and moving away to live a happy and successful life, it dies

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Burn Zone posted:

there is a finite number of heroes in the world, sorry chumps

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Burn Zone posted:

:lol: why are they lumping firemen in with cops and cannon fodder?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

euphronius posted:

lmao firemen

one of the highlights of driving around rural Oregon a few years back when the fires were raging was a giant cardboard sign: THANK U FIREFIGHTERS

I think about it a lot

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

shovelbum posted:

its like a kid but instead of turning 18 and moving away to live a happy and successful life, it dies

Kids don't curl up in your lap and purr on cold winter afternoons

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Apparently it is *legal* in Michigan to bring weapons into the Statehouse, so even if they had been so inclined (ha), the cops could have done nothing.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Agrajag posted:

liek do people not read about what apartheid SA was like and how people working in mines were treated? elon musk was practically from a slave owning family

americans are in general completely uninterested in holding white south africans accountable for anything from the apartheid era. when apartheid ended suddenly they were all perfect angels welcome across the anglosphere with no repercussions whatsoever

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol: why are they lumping firemen in with cops and cannon fodder?

Good question, firemen actually save lives

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Apparently it is *legal* in Michigan to bring weapons into the Statehouse, so even if they had been so inclined (ha), the cops could have done nothing.

actually the cops are allowed to shoot anyone they want

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Jesus what kind of banana republic do you guys have over there

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Burn Zone posted:

when u get blocked on facebook 2 much

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

euphronius posted:

a lot of people need to learn about proper camera angles for their fat faces

Yeah friends of mine have been doing Facebook livecasts but their cameras are sitting on their desk underneath their monitor and it makes them look like the giant from the 1940s Disney "Mickey and the Beanstalk" cartoon

Jazerus posted:

americans are in general completely uninterested in holding white south africans accountable for anything from the apartheid era. when apartheid ended suddenly they were all perfect angels welcome across the anglosphere with no repercussions whatsoever

The Australian government was going "Well we want to stop refugees from flooding into this country on boats because that is ILLEGAL and they DO NOT ASSIMILATE and do not share our VALUES ..... except for that one group of refugees who really really need our help and should be given airplane tickets and a warm welcome if they want to come: white farmers in Africa who are unjustly losing their lands due to horrible vilification"

This was last year

Snowglobe of Doom has issued a correction as of 17:02 on May 1, 2020

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

boethius posted:

there is a finite number of heroes in the world, sorry chumps

lollin at the american definition of hero, which is just pure moral posturing, while the PRC makes hero a legal designation and includes economic benefits like giving your kids a break on tuition and bonus points on the college entrance exam

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Arsenic Lupin posted:

in a lot of states whether or not to call something like that a terroristic threat or brandishing wouldve been at police discretion until recently and probably wouldve been enforced however politely even against whites, but one of the big gun law things has definitely been to get any and all discretion removed from the laws so either gun is 100% legal or 100% illegal with no context allowed

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Tired: The cops are heroes, support are troops

Wired: Scream at the cops for preventing me from dying from a respiratory virus I got at Waffle House

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

gun ownership is basically the highest politically salient issue in America rn

The lunatics are a relatively small number, but all of them turn out to vote and they're all single issue voters

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Burn Zone posted:

i don't agree with you, but i will defend your right to get your dumbass killed in a pandemic to the death

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Hell hath no fury like the Golden Corral-deprived bourgeoisie

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Hot Mess Musk

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/RawStory/status/1256242208887508998

quote:

With breathtaking disregard for the law, our Governor took an action yesterday which will memorialize Michigan’s spot in dubious, embarrassing history,” Shirkey posted on Facebook. “April 30, 2020: a day in our State’s legacy which will last in infamy. Familiar and fear provoking words. But accurate and honest.

”“Michigan now has earned the distinction of having a Governor, drunk on the addiction of unfettered power, declaring that she, and she alone, can and will continue to act unilaterally to lock down our society, our culture, and our economy,” Shirkey wrote. “Her own Medical Director sent an unmistakable message that should cause each of our hearts to stop.

She said: we will likely be restricted under Emergency Declarations well into 2021.”“The Senate, along with our partners in the House will continue to fight for the voice of every MICHIGAN citizen,” the Senate majority leader wrote. “Against one lone, power emboldened voice. If you want to join in the fight, please share.”

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Schnorkles posted:

gun ownership is basically the highest politically salient issue in America rn

The lunatics are a relatively small number, but all of them turn out to vote and they're all single issue voters

i think the dems/left kind of bungled it tbqh

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

COVID-19 MAY 2020 USA CUM DEATHS GUESSING GAME
Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.

Can I get in on the guessing fun? 111,112 thanks.

butros has issued a correction as of 17:37 on May 1, 2020

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

shovelbum posted:

i think the dems/left kind of bungled it tbqh

generally, yeah

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Manky Tungeon
Jun 11, 2018
Anyone else getting bored of covid... just seems kind of boring now . I don't care about elon musk's tweets or whatever

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

lmao

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Nocturtle posted:

These photos are all over Canadian+international media, and really contributing to perceptions of America as a reliable ally and sole international superpower.

i have always maintained its in canadas nationl interest to dvelop bug bunny florida saw tech & go the free floatig continent route that has worked so well for others in the commonwealth

i ahve been told in response that it was just a cartoon and i am in fact an idiot

to which i say lol nthing is real saw us off

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

he’s such a piece of poo poo

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

has anyone checked on grimes?

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

My guess is 101,678. Revised to be much higher in a year or so when year over year deaths are examined.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Agrajag posted:

Technically the mine was in Zambia (not better)

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Burn Zone posted:

lmao his profile pic is the Deus Ex cover

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

any questions about michigan already have a single answer, which is that it is a southern state

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Changing his Twitter tar to JC Denton is legitimately the coolest thing Elon has ever done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

lollin at the american definition of hero, which is just pure moral posturing, while the PRC makes hero a legal designation and includes economic benefits like giving your kids a break on tuition and bonus points on the college entrance exam

why does a communist country charge tuition