Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
I 3D printed them. Files are available on Thingiverse.com if you search for galactic crusaders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Do you have them in a Flames of War base?

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Same dimensions as a flames of war small base, but I designed the bases to include mounting holes for the infantry.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

There's also both Vanguard Miniatures and Trolls Under The Bridge that sell Epic-scale miniatures, in case you don't have access to a 3d printer at the moment.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone in here actually play Aeronautica Imperialis? I've been kind of scratching my head over the recent preview article. They showed off the avenger's rules and it just seems kind of bad? I mean, compare it to a thunderbolt:

Remember that a fury is only 23 base with a 3-7-0 version of the avenger's gun.

What is the avenger paying for? Are they overvaluing the rear stubber? The ability to go speed 1? The 2+ handling? What's going on here?

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Remember also that the Fury is outrageously undercosted

As for comparing to the Thunderbolt yeah I can see your point.

I would have expected to see the Avenger at least go up to 7 with its Ace Maneuvers. That would be a unique (so far) capability that would justify some extra cost

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ineptmule posted:

Remember also that the Fury is outrageously undercosted
Oh, definitely, no argument there. That's why I went with a picture of the standard thunderbolt. Probably shouldn't even have mentioned the fury. :shobon:

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Apr 23, 2020

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
So I'm assembling the underhive box and

Why would they cast the cigar as a seperate piece :psyduck:

Moltke
May 13, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

So I'm assembling the underhive box and

Why would they cast the cigar as a seperate piece :psyduck:

just give up and fill it with green stuff or melt the hole with plastic glue, it will save your sanity. both cigars on the sprue now reside somewhere under my couch

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Clip out the head, glue it to the cigar, and then, and only then, clip out the cigar.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Safety Factor posted:

Clip out the head, glue it to the cigar, and then, and only then, clip out the cigar.

This is really brilliant advice and I hope to remember it next time I'm dealing with really fiddly bits.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Yeah really good option. Unfortunately it was too late for me as I was posting after fighting with that idiot cigar for way too long.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
What do I need to buy if I want to play Blood Bowl? I'm having a hard time figuring out what's in the different book, almanacs, card sets, and other poo poo.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

Just the minis? The rules are free online (albeit not the current GW book). http://marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Electric Hobo posted:

What do I need to buy if I want to play Blood Bowl? I'm having a hard time figuring out what's in the different book, almanacs, card sets, and other poo poo.

Just the starter set. Two teams, a pitch, the rules. Most of the other teams are pretty much good to go straight out of the box.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

Haha whoops, yeah a pitch and the dice help if you aren't playing at a club or with a friend already into it.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Well, that's surprisingly easy then! Thanks!

chippocrates
Feb 20, 2013

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Just the starter set. Two teams, a pitch, the rules. Most of the other teams are pretty much good to go straight out of the box.

GW released a version with the book and rulers/templates here.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

chippocrates posted:

GW released a version with the book and rulers/templates here.

Be careful though, it’s full of misprints

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ineptmule posted:

Be careful though, it’s full of misprints

Isn't everything from GW?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So what faction in Blood Bowl would most effectively channel the spirit of Al Davis? i.e. the fastest teem speed and a reliance on the vertical passing game

I wish Titanicus would get an Ork faction already

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

So what faction in Blood Bowl would most effectively channel the spirit of Al Davis? i.e. the fastest teem speed and a reliance on the vertical passing game
Pro elves or wood elves. High elves too, but they don't have a new kit yet and they're a little slower with more armor. Dark elves are more of a running team, but could work with some development. Definitely an elf team.

Skaven are one of the fastest teams, but they play more of a running game. You could build them for passing if you really wanted to though.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 06:41 on May 1, 2020

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Does anyone have Blackstone Fortress? If so may I ask a favour?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I do, but I've not yet gotten to play. How can I help?

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I wish Titanicus would get an Ork faction already

Surely you mean the dirtiest fouling team that causes permanent injuries, which would be chaos dwarves or khemri

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

moths posted:

I do, but I've not yet gotten to play. How can I help?

I was looking for pictures of the explorer cards so I could make my own using a template I found on Yak Tribe. I bought a copy of Blackstone Fortress on eBay but it lacked the miniatures the seller kept the explorer cards as well.

Luckily a friend of mine pointed out that any of the assets on a Tabletop Simulator game are available to be accessed on your computer. So I actually have top-quality images of those cards and have since printed out my own. Thank you for offering to help.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

Pro elves or wood elves. High elves too, but they don't have a new kit yet and they're a little slower with more armor. Dark elves are more of a running team, but could work with some development. Definitely an elf team.

Skaven are one of the fastest teams, but they play more of a running game. You could build them for passing if you really wanted to though.

I'd argue that you could use the "Elfhiem Eagles" box as High Elves without any issue.

If you play Skaven don't get attached to any player. They die super easy.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Floppychop posted:

I'd argue that you could use the "Elfhiem Eagles" box as High Elves without any issue.

Definitely

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Safety Factor posted:

Out of the box:

Pro Elves have the best catchers.
High Elves have the best throwers.
Wood Elves have the best sackers.
Dark Elves have the best blitzers and are better on defence than other Elves.

No idea who Al Davis is, but if you want to score quickly (i.e. 2 turns) then Pro Elves are probably who you're after. If you want to play a more stalling game, where you manoeuvre multiple people into scoring range and count down the clock, probably High Elves.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
You may be more familiar with "Awl" Daviz, a former player who went on to coach the Orcland Raiderz. He was famous for hiding multiple sharp implements on his person, as well as vigorously using said implements during ball scrums, tackles, huddles, and generally anywhere else someone needed "a gud stickin'". His favorite phrase was "Awl's well dat endz well!"

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Well, after a bunch of fear and nervousness, I bit the bullet and conducted the water pour. It was definitely a learning experience, but it turned out decently and I'm happy with it. Now I just have to continue clean up and begin forming the surface effects for ripples and such.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
What did you use as a barrier for the edge? I tried something similar and had a nightmare

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hello friends, please click the link below and consider participating in my little charity event. We're all bored in lockdown right now so I thought we might be able to channel that into something a little more productive. I will be donating money to a food bank for every model completed in the next couple of months. All you have to do to participate is post pictures of your models though other options will be available for those who'd like to do more. It is somewhat focused on 28mm stuff, but there are other categories available and if your models aren't represented, just let me know and we can work something out.

Full details in the thread, click the banner below to find out more:

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

ineptmule posted:

What did you use as a barrier for the edge? I tried something similar and had a nightmare

I took packing tape and made a long strip which I had face sticky side out. I then used strips of the same tape to secure it to the base, that way the barrier wasn't affected by the bevel of the base. Once those were attached all the way around, I used another strip of packing tape around the connection and the base itself as a seal.

I also used some silly putty to act as a dam where the cork was, but it ended up not working very well, so I don't reccomend that.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
I've seen people use silicon molds as a barrier. Pre-cast stuff to fit the shape and size base, with a tall wall around it. I feel like that'd be a better long-term alternative if you end up doing more pouring.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
WIP on my first Necro gang:

Gangers get pink hair

Characters get variation on hair

There's still a bit of detailing left to be done, but at this pace I might be able to finish them this week. Gonna try for some retro leopard print on them because it's Necro goddammit.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 5, 2020

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

jadebullet posted:

I took packing tape and made a long strip which I had face sticky side out. I then used strips of the same tape to secure it to the base, that way the barrier wasn't affected by the bevel of the base. Once those were attached all the way around, I used another strip of packing tape around the connection and the base itself as a seal.

I also used some silly putty to act as a dam where the cork was, but it ended up not working very well, so I don't reccomend that.

I did something sort of similar, I cut a strip out of some plastic packaging and fixed it to the base with tape. It worked ok but I guess my failure was in not making absolutely sure all bits were sealed along the bottom. The base I built had lots of rubble on it so like you I found sealing the side bits tricky. Overall it worked pretty much as well as I could expect for a first go and the end result was alright. For some dumb reason I did this for the first time on the highest stakes miniature I’ve yet painted - a secret Santa gift for a goon

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
I have started a Orlock gang! These fellas were pretty fun to paint, they are also the first actual humans I have painted and the first time I have actually tried to do pupils on something this scale.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

R0ckfish posted:

I have started a Orlock gang! These fellas were pretty fun to paint, they are also the first actual humans I have painted and the first time I have actually tried to do pupils on something this scale.

Them's some nice human-normals there.

Seriously: I can't get over how well the Orlocks illustrate the principle of "Vanilla is a flavor not the lack of it".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
Is there a resource outside of Goonhammer that breaks down Helot Gang options for Necromunda? I’ll probably never actually play it, but I need a change up from painting black on black armor.

And buying into Cawdor or Delaque, or Goliaths is a $200 triple kit plus FW options hole I’m not quite ready to commit to. However, I do have Blackstone Fortress and Dark Vengeance cultist kits that should work just fine for a Helot Gang pallet rejuvenator project for me.

Additionally, I found some skittari sprues from Forgebane in my shame pile, are there mechaboys gangs or neat conversion options for these?