Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Test Pattern posted:

"It is not your fate to skulk about in a sewer."

Really? She might disagree https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Armorer (check out her horns). I suspect (as others have said) they're going to link this siege up with the Mando sect that doesn't show their faces.

I dunno. The Purge that drove them into hiding is still a ways into the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Madurai posted:

I dunno. The Purge that drove them into hiding is still a ways into the future.

Probably. But I think the horns are too specific to not be directly connected to our favorite garbageheap cyborg.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Well, Maul got his own hallway scene. :allears:

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 08:40 on May 1, 2020

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Ugh only one episode left? Not sure how they’ll wrap it up in a half hour.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The music in this episode is so fucken good

Maul with the environmental brutalities

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 09:21 on May 1, 2020

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I am outrageously hype for next Friday.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
The final episode drops on May 4

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

1st AD posted:

The final episode drops on May 4

Same night the Mando production docu-series starts and TROS drops.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Jerkface posted:

The music in this episode is so fucken good

Maul with the environmental brutalities

Just absolutely brutal stuff by Maul.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

So much Rogue One in this episode. Maul mirrored Vader at the end in multiple ways, and the obvious Chirruk line at the end.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

There's a lot to say about this episode but I'll only focus on one thing and say holy poo poo the score.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Moon Slayer posted:

There's a lot to say about this episode but I'll only focus on one thing and say holy poo poo the score.

The music as they were transporting Maul up until Order 66 was loving perfect. Every one knows what's coming up, so just make the music tense a gently caress.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Truly great episode. The music was tense as hell. And Order 66 going down was more tragic than the entirety of Revenge of the Sith. Maul becoming death incarnate was incredible. Hot drat, that was great. Monday can't come soon enough.

Episodes 9-12 are going to make for one hell of a movie when viewed together.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Did Order 66 extend to Maul? The execution order seemed vague.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I assume it's a general order to kill all force users except Sidious and whoever his apprentice is that week.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Veotax posted:

The music as they were transporting Maul up until Order 66 was loving perfect. Every one knows what's coming up, so just make the music tense a gently caress.

That was the same music from RotS when Anakin is deciding whether to go save Palpatine from Windu right?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I adored the music when they were loading up Maul - just a low tense sound that tells you something terrible is coming

I was actually disappointed with Order 66 - was hoping Ahsoka would feel all the Jedi she's interacted with, at least

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Veotax posted:

I assume it's a general order to kill all force users except Sidious and whoever his apprentice is that week.

The week before; Vader was immune to it.

I think Maul was just a judgment call, cause, really, nobody wants him around.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

I never knew that what I really really really wanted from my Star Wars was Bladerunner music but there it is.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Just...wow. Rex crying was a huge :smith: And, yeah. Holy poo poo the Bladerunner music owned.

I was hoping we would've gotten to see Maul wield a blue saber though, but his force massacre was just as cool.

Pops Mgee posted:

That was the same music from RotS when Anakin is deciding whether to go save Palpatine from Windu right?

This was more synthy-ish. [edit] Here's the track from RotS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57YPXXZPSbo

[edit 2] I never noticed until now but it sounds like there's a bit of Ahsoka's theme in the track around 16 seconds in.

teagone fucked around with this message at 20:13 on May 1, 2020

Dingleberry2
Jul 23, 2001

Blade Runner was the first thing that popped into my mind as well, I'll have to watch again, but other than Order 66 I don't think there were any of the standard Star Wars cues.

And they should have just made Chopper one of the droids, give him even more reason for the PTSD.

Also loved how you could see Maul's panic when the troopers were getting ready to execute him even though he was muffled.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
That droid that was a cross between chopper and a regular r2 was really cool. Love that design.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Darko posted:

The week before; Vader was immune to it.

I think Maul was just a judgment call, cause, really, nobody wants him around.

He's super dangerous, and it's not like they're dropping him off with the Jedi Council at that point.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/dave_filoni/status/1256303546036715520

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Dave Filoni is the right person to be running Star Wars TV, and I wonder what a movie series run by him would be like. It seems like Lucas was grooming him to take over at some point. Though I'll admit he's a bit green to take over everything. But drat, he's killing it with the TV division. (From what I understand, he had little to nothing to do with Resistance, because he was busy with The Mandalorian.)

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I think Filoni would be excellent in a Kennedy/Feige type producer role for live action ventures, but I'm not sure if he's cut out for directing big tent poles.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Yeah, his non-pilot Mandalorian ep (the Tatooine one) was by far the weakest of the season, and I'm saying that as somebody who liked all the little touches like the stormtrooper helmets and the droid-run cantina.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I dunno, I liked that episode of Mando that he directed a lot. :shrug:

Let him direct a Star War story.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

Let him direct The Search for Ezra: A Star Wars Story.

the moose
Nov 7, 2009

Type: Electric Swing
Is it just me or did they play up the empire aesthetic this episode. It felt much more like an imperial star destroyer then a clone/republic ship this episode.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Why did they make Admiral Yularen look so suddenly old and menacing in that one episode where he showed up?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I'm glad other people noticed the musical similarities to Blade Runner too.

the moose posted:

Is it just me or did they play up the empire aesthetic this episode. It felt much more like an imperial star destroyer then a clone/republic ship this episode.

The Venators have always been full of Star Destroyer-like hallways and such, but yeah, I think they washed out the colors a little more for this episode.

General Dog posted:

Why did they make Admiral Yularen look so suddenly old and menacing in that one episode where he showed up?

Its closer to the end of the war and he's gotta end up as fully snow-haired at some point

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

General Dog posted:

Because he's that one old guy with the moustache during that meeting on the Death Star.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Recoome posted:

Because he's that one old guy with the moustache during that meeting on the Death Star.

Well yeah, but he has 18 years to get there. I know he’s fighting a war and everything, but he aged like 20 years since the last time we saw him.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

General Dog posted:

Well yeah, but he has 18 years to get there. I know he’s fighting a war and everything, but he aged like 20 years since the last time we saw him.

New model/slightly updated artstyle

Same thing happened with Yoda for S5 of TCW

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The transport music sounded a lot like Brian Eno's music from Dune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4onBqilHvc

But hot drat loving holy poo poo that episode.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Obi-Wan going from looking like Ewan McGregor to looking like Alec Guinness in the span of 18 years is sure weird.

I know Tattooine is a sun-bleached backwater dump and it takes a toll on it's inhabitants, but ol' Obi-Wan might've been closer to 50 in ROTS than 30 for that to pan out.

That said, Guinness was 63 in Episode IV.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Obi-Wan was 57 in ANH. You figure War+Desert is good enough for a +6 years of aging tacked on.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

These are space humans. They might age differently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I don't know, but my parents are in their 50s and they aged a fuckload during their successive tours of Iraq and Afghanistan. Hell, I feel like I've aged rapidly since starting my PhD (I'm under 30 with grey streaks).