Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I used to think I liked heavy metal until I browsed your thread and now I realise I'm weak, sad, pathetic, and lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
agreed on the second half

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
amarok has a qt5 / kdelibs5 version I just don’t care anymore because Spotify has a native Linux client

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

agreed on the second half

drat it

beneath the remains is my fave metal album. I don’t get how you dudes digest so much god drat music tho

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

echinopsis posted:

drat it

beneath the remains is my fave metal album. I don’t get how you dudes digest so much god drat music tho

i'm going to tip my hand a bit here.

music is literally the biggest drive in my life. i am always listening to it, and a significant amount of my income goes towards purchasing it. when not under quarantine, i go to a show almost every or every other week.

metal heads are music nerds.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

metal heads are nerds.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

metal is the anime of music

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

lots of gays in the metal community, so it's ok

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

pram
Jun 10, 2001

jesus WEP posted:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i'm going to tip my hand a bit here.

music is literally the biggest drive in my life. i am always listening to it, and a significant amount of my income goes towards purchasing it. when not under quarantine, i go to a show almost every or every other week.

metal heads are music nerds.

that’s awesome and I totally agree with you re: cattle decaps vocals

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

the xbox app for win10 adds start menu items for every single piece of DLC that you own which leads to dumb poo poo like this:

pretty fuckin dumb idea microsoft

edit: also their CDN sucks rear end. downloading from steam or origin i get a consistent 10MB/s which is the max my connection can do but in the xbox app it fluctuates between 6-7MB/s.

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Apr 24, 2020

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Pile Of Garbage posted:

the xbox app for win10 adds start menu items for every single piece of DLC that you own which leads to dumb poo poo like this:

pretty fuckin dumb idea microsoft

edit: also their CDN sucks rear end. downloading from steam or origin i get a consistent 10MB/s which is the max my connection can do but in the xbox app it fluctuates between 6-7MB/s.

the azure bandwidth needed today is probably worth more than what you paid for all that content originally

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

75% of that bandwidth is giant >4KB azure ad auth cookies from clients

e: also i didnt pay for that DLC i just got the ultimate edition and it came all as one havent even had a chance to play it yet fucker still downloading

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
loving that KB4549951 is killing our computers. might finally get the CFO, et al Windows hold-outs to finally just loving give it up and use a mac. windows is poison

mystes
May 31, 2006

I just want the wsl2 update and I don't care if Microsoft has to brick a few computers to spreed things up

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i just want wsl to stop dropping my network mounts every night

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Scott Forstall posted:

loving that KB4549951 is killing our computers. might finally get the CFO, et al Windows hold-outs to finally just loving give it up and use a mac. windows is poison

Another example of double spacing = bad opinion.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Lambert posted:

Another example of double spacing = bad opinion.
Are you saying I shouldn't be using DBLSPACE.BIN on my hard drive anymore?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Scott Forstall posted:

Wow, that one is a doozy

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
it's ok they do telemetry now instead of qa so i'm sure they'll have a fix after 20% of windows 10 users run into issues

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

You Am I posted:

Wow, that one is a doozy

its for all 1903 and 1909, so it fucks servers too YAY

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Cold on a Cob posted:

it's ok they do telemetry now instead of qa so i'm sure they'll have a fix after 20% of windows 10 users run into issues
nah they replaced that with an ai: https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/22/21230816/microsoft-developers-bugs-machine-learning-numbers-statistics

pram
Jun 10, 2001
enterprise cortana services

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

pretty sweet job security there

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

pram posted:

enterprise cortana services

just realized today that microsoft has stolen everything

idk if there even is a danish name for ogier le danois' sword, but bungie used it for halo & now microsoft uses it

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
BSODaaS

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lol. windows users deserve this

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

:owned:

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
in the early 90s my mother thought LOL meant "lots of love" so she always ended long emails to family with

LOL,
Sally

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

as did everyone else born before 1970

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
everybody knows it means "lord of lies"

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
loads of ligma

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

at first i was like doesnt macos do this garbage too but i confused it with the worthless right click > look up. macos does have search in the edit menu too under find but you can tell the feature is old because it actually respects both your browser and search engine preference instead of barring you from using google

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Scott Forstall posted:

in the early 90s my mother thought LOL meant "lots of love" so she always ended long emails to family with

LOL,
Sally

my mum does the same but she is hip to the lingo and would write it as LoL to differentiate :3:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

hey everybody, it's microsoft released a bunch of new surface crap and nobody cares day!

surface go 2
surface book 3
surface earbuds
surface headphones 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
surface go 365 pro for business