Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Working on that bee-bod for when the beeches re-open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

The Pain had to start somewhere.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
*inhales*

*prepares eddie izzard voice*

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Beesexuality has beecome acceptable beehiveur.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Dysgenesis posted:

We always enjoyed cutting the clothes off in the emergency department. No weather or poisonous things to worry about.

I had a full combat uniform cut off me when I dislocated a kneecap during my military service. It was fun explaining on the requisitions form that yes, they cut everything, even the bloody suspenders.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Ever see a train get air time? :piss:
Also the truck was carrying a boat :laffo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAdO02DS0p0

The Real Amethyst fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 1, 2020

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
are we gonna invade cuba bc they want a china war but cant get ppl to buy it? or do yall think we'll get china war later this year between waves

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I once responded to a pedestrian struck by a car as an EMT. She was banged up but relatively alright, probably had a broken tib/fib so we start cutting her clothes... only to find she was wearing a full latex bodysuit under them. That was one of the few times I’ve been surprised.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/575121631846227968

https://i.imgur.com/xIolo.gifv

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

When I was in moscow the amount of blue light drivers flying about was insane. half of them just seemed to be government and military VIP's wanting to skip traffic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6guAFVoAAWM

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

I wore a 50-lb boob of bees for that woman and it wasn't enough.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Sagebrush posted:

Apparently there are a few species of non-stinging bees.

If they don't sting they bite

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Either way, I'm surprised the body is capable of countering the sheer amount of venom it'd have from all them bees.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
So THOSE are the type of bees that make milk.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

WarpedNaba posted:

Either way, I'm surprised the body is capable of countering the sheer amount of venom it'd have from all them bees.

I doubt he's getting stung much. They don't seem to be mad at him at all. If he regularly takes care of that hive, they probably recognize him and don't sting him.

Synthetic Dreams
Jul 19, 2005

by Cyrano4747
Do carcinogenic degreasers have the possibility of causing painful nerve damage?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

I doubt he's getting stung much. They don't seem to be mad at him at all. If he regularly takes care of that hive, they probably recognize him and don't sting him.

Ah, it's my giant friend, who regularly picks up thousands of my brothers and sisters and jams us into his shirt. I, a bee, love him!

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Synthetic Dreams posted:

Do carcinogenic degreasers have the possibility of causing painful nerve damage?

Anything is possible. Be daring.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Synthetic Dreams posted:

you're asking "is cancer painful?"

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/antonjaegermm/status/1256172377538510848?s=21

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Arrhythmia posted:

Ah, it's my giant friend, who regularly picks up thousands of my brothers and sisters and jams us into his shirt. I, a bee, love him!

Clan Apis sequel getting weird

Synthetic Dreams posted:

I used to use benzene to clean my hands as well as my paint brushes when I built Revell models in the 60s and 70s.

Graduated to chlorine-based Berkebile 2+2 carb cleaner by 1978.

Throughout all this I helped my dad strip paint from wood siding using Roma-Kote and Zip-Strip, and soaked 2x4s in creosote to replace termite damage in the house.

No neuralgia yet.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 2, 2020

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

double post. gently caress.

Content: Handled a loss for a homeowner's fence along I-95 in Philadelphia.

Truck never stopped.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 00:56 on May 2, 2020

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/SpaceFlavours/status/1256316028465876997

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

We just out here war-criming ourselves

Also, this was a great response

https://twitter.com/GeneralMcMaul/status/1256361887043813376

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

What kind of monster actually uses *cleanser* on a cast iron skillet.

Take some hot water, do a quick scrub with one of those chain scrubbers to get stubborn bits, and dry immediately with lint free cloth.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s enameled.

The metal underneath is immaterial.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
To be fair, it's actually an enameled pan, not straight cast iron, so it does need a proper clean

Preferably without giving you flashbacks to Ypres

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I was just sitting there in the trenches cleaning my enameled pan, and then, in an instant, a sniper took out half my face.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
If they had nice cookware at Passchendaele, it was the only nice thing there.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

BlackIronHeart posted:

If they had nice cookware at Passchendaele, it was the only nice thing there.

Probably why Schindler was making it in the following war.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

https://i.imgur.com/KU3BVE4.gifv

weeeeeeee I’m an air frame parachute weeeeeeeeeee

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
What if we put the treadmill on the plane?

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/Wompanafrank/status/1256418822627536896

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

Bad Munki posted:

At least plane gets to have one last spin.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Bad Munki posted:

You know he's making the sounds as he spins it around.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Alkydere posted:

You know he's making the sounds as he spins it around.

Lord knows I did

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I feel like there’s some kind of optical illusion and there’s more of a gap than appears.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 12:10 on May 2, 2020

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Cartoon Man posted:

I feel like there’s some kind of optical illusion and there’s more of a gap than appears.

If anything, it's the other way - there's less gap than you'd think. The distance to the roof is half the distance between the lights on the top of the track, and their reflection.

I'm guessing the tunnel is specced for a typical truck-trailer to go through it, and they didn't waste money digging out any more dirt than was needed for that.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

OSHA IV: Rubbing bees on my nipples.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

quote:

I used to work for a very large logistics company as a supervisor out on one of their flight ramps. I was there for years, and I had asserted myself as an essential employee after some managers changed hands and things almost went belly up for a lot of us. When things settled I became a catch-all assistant for the new manager, and I would do a little bit of everything, mostly on my own discretion. I have to say that because a lot of this story may just seem like me wandering around an active flight ramp for no reason. If you assume that, you are right, but the important thing is that not only did my boss think I was working but he also thought I was doing it very well.

I was doing neither.

So on one chilly spring night, I was on a flight ramp dock checking the empty containers that get loaded with freight and put onto the planes. This consists of spotting a can, opening several spring locks, checking inside, closing the can, and marking it as empty on a little scanner. Anyway, it's menial work, and the night is slow.

I spend hours alternating between checking cans and abandoning my job to talk to coworkers or mess around with something completely unproductive. In the middle of doing the latter, I get a call to help out on a plane going to Hong Kong. I zip over there, help out the new supervisor, talk to some pilots, and head back to my cans.

At this point, its like six in the morning, and I am exhausted. I'm shuffling through a boredom induced coma when I find a can positioned in the corner of the dock with its door wide open. I wander around to close it when I realize two employees are just boning down inside, and it's not pretty either. It's mean, third-shift, need to buy more cigarettes, don't look me in the eyes kind of sex. They seriously look like they are trying to hurt each other, but the roaring of the nearby jet engines swallowed up any noise them or I had been making much like how she appeared to be swallowing most of his hand.

I think it's pretty funny, and seeing as my shift was just about to be over, I don't even bother considering to report it. I know both of them are college students who really need the work. So, I decide to play a little harmless prank on them just to teach a lesson and help them avoid any trouble: I shut and lock the can.

See, these cans have spring locks that operate from the outside. The only things really supposed to be in those cans are packages, and it's not like the packages need a way to get out from the inside. I figured eventually they would start banging on the can (or each other again), and someone would come by to help them out.

That, my friends, is not how the story ends.

Instead, as I am just about to badge out for the day, I get an urgent call on my phone. Usually correspondence is made on the radio's exclusively; so a call on the phone is really serious. I wasn't given any details other than get back to the Hong Kong flight immediately. I just figured the supervisor on the flight was having a newbie freak out or something. It wasn't uncommon to see new supes crack, but when I get there, she is cracking up. Like, she is laughing so hard someone is having to hold her up.

Turns out, she was just finishing up the plane when she got directions to put some empty cans on the plane from a nearby dock. There are hundreds, maybe even thousands of cans she could have pulled, but somehow against all odds one of the containers she grabs mysteriously has two fornicating freshmen inside who didn't bother to start calling for help until *after they were locked inside the fuselage of a 747!*

The new supervisor is so clueless as to how to handle almost shipping two humans to Hong Kong that she was just relieved for the day, leaving me to clean up the whole mess. Oh, and not just a figurative mess. Yup, I spent nearly four extra hours on overtime having to write an incident report, finish the plane, and literally help the hazmat team mop up semen.

TL;DR I watch people have sex before trying to ship them to Hong Kong but wind up spending my morning cleaning up post-coital juices for overtime money.

Edit: Spelling

Edit 2: Yo, I figured this didn’t need to be said, but some people seem to be a little confused. This is TIFU. I hosed up, and I absolutely don’t condone this. And for the people that said, “They could have gotten hurt.” You’re right, which is why it’s a gently caress up. For all the folks who are indignant that this is unsafe, yup, everyone gets that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.