Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1255982796230680576

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/NYGovCuomo/status/1256322200241496065

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

FAUXTON posted:

Country's
Only
Virtue
Is
Death

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

America is so tiring

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

mystes posted:

It should be "marshall law" in honor of Marco Rubio.

no one should ever honor little marco rubio

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/MCHammer/status/1256364231902941184

:trumppop:

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Mayor Dave posted:

Who the gently caress is she related to? There's no way she writes for six figgies on her own merit
Meet Bari Weiss, “alt-righter,” “fascist,” “the Jewish, female version of Kanye West.” She doesn’t like immigrants. She’s a traitor to her gender, and she should be “sterilized.” In short, “Bari Weiss can gently caress off.”

That’s the word, anyway, about the 35-year-old star opinion writer for The New York Times, from a very loud and increasingly influential corner of social media. Her newfound fame has transcended her platform. She’s become a somewhat unwitting avatar for the knee-jerk flash-bang of social media, a poster child for the polarization of the chattering classes.

Therefore it’s disorienting to meet Weiss and discover that she’s neither an aspiring sex symbol/bomb thrower, ŕ la Ann Coulter, nor a defensive Ivy League know-it-all. When she walks into Cafe Luxembourg on the Upper West Side, blocks from her fifth-floor walk-up, you might peg her as a kindergarten teacher—she’s petite, with hair parted down the middle and pulled back in a low ponytail, big glasses framing a cherubic face. She’s effusive and warm, immediately popping out with one eager question after another before I can successfully steer the conversation around to her. Her minor insecurities are blurted fodder for making a connection. “I have pen marks on my boob. I was like, ‘I’m going to meet a Vanity Fair writer and I have pen on my boob.’ I was really embarrassed. Also, I’ve been sweating a lot.” She says that her father has been urging her to freeze her eggs. “Should I do it now?” she asks, sincerely searching for an answer. This isn’t some dopey act intended to charm. Weiss seems genuinely fueled by curiosity, the desire to connect, to cross boundaries and try out new things. As she sums up her outlook, “I just want to gobble the world.”

(she's from a 'salt-of-the-earth' family and her dad's a simple 'successful carpet salesman' who contributes to the wall street journal, as successful carpet salesmen do)

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/PaulLewis/status/1256181163510714368

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

edit: removed. i was thinking of maggie haberman

Spergin Morlock has issued a correction as of 01:17 on May 2, 2020

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

This been posted yet?

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/495633-mcconnell-mccarthy-liability-protections-absolutely-essential-for-next

Lets see what excuses Pelosi and Schumer come up with when they give McConnell what he wants.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Bari Weiss is probably the only person that can go on Joe Rogan and make him seem smart by comparison. And he has brain-damaged fighters on from time to time.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Cum
O
V
I
D

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Zotix posted:

This been posted yet?

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/495633-mcconnell-mccarthy-liability-protections-absolutely-essential-for-next

Lets see what excuses Pelosi and Schumer come up with when they give McConnell what he wants.

probably more trumpbux only less this time

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:hmmyes:

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Spime Wrangler posted:

I humbly submit the Washington State University Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation modeling team's latest April 29, 2020 projection of 72,085 on May 31.

Also lol 76% of submissions so far are higher than IHME's upper bound estimate of 112,371.

Lol this is some weak rear end poo poo. Washington State couldn't model its way out of a paper bag.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

snoo posted:

Cum
O
V
I
Deaths

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

:hmmyes:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
There's a warehouse fire the next town over that's been burning for like 36 hours now and there's eye-watering smoke outside. I guess that helps my resolve not to go out, even though Japan doesn't have mandatory restrictions.

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!
I feel like I should email this to a reporter. it’s from a longer company FAQ posted internally

most people work for this company do so in very public facing positions

I find it insane that they want you to work if a family member has tested positive, or am I reading this wrong?

irpoweroutlet has issued a correction as of 01:38 on May 2, 2020

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
>36,000 new cases in the US today. Open her up boys!

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

South posted:

I have fully accepted the fact that my gun collection and ammo will be a boon to some future hellscape wander who stumbles across them while scavenging the remains of my midwest neighborhood.

u gotta leave a bomb rear end audio log, maybe a printout of goatse

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/ok_waifu/status/1255868745899220999

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

irpoweroutlet posted:

I feel like I should email this to a reporter. it’s from a longer company FAQ posted internally

most people work for this company do so in very public facing positions

I find it insane that they want you to work if a family member has tested positive, or am I reading this wrong?

yes you should

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

mycomancy posted:

Lol this is some weak rear end poo poo. Washington State couldn't model its way out of a paper bag.

does Washington state even have math?

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Collecting
Only
Videos
Involving
Dickbutt

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

RandomBlue posted:

>36,000 new cases in the US today. Open her up boys!

Lol I'm totally gonna win the Death Pool.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

hmmm why do all these mediocrites from petit-bourgeois families keep ending up in positions of power in the media

guess we'll never know

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/BrandyZadrozny/status/1256382338071760899

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Samurai Sanders posted:

There's a warehouse fire the next town over that's been burning for like 36 hours now and there's eye-watering smoke outside. I guess that helps my resolve not to go out, even though Japan doesn't have mandatory restrictions.

I’m told half the people walking around in Tokyo still aren’t wearing masks?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Cuomo been watching matt cristman stream all week

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

the g15 is a piece of poo poo

BRB, gonna go to the shutdown Goodwill I got mine from and yell for my $4.99 back.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

mycomancy posted:

Lol I'm totally gonna win the Death Pool.

You cheated though with your 'maths' and 'thinking'

mycomancy posted:

Doubling time: 6 days
Death count on May 31 for the United States: 2,293,629

Edit: the growth of total cases is usually pretty close to the death growth rate, March's being 2.69 days per doubling (nice) and April being 12.97.
If I'm right and the 6 days per doubling is correct we'll see ~40 million cases on May 31.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

obv its because we are doing more testing than the rest of the world and that the rest of the world is clearly worse off than us because we have the best healthcare int he world!

USA USA USA USA

USA

USA

U

S

A!!!!

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/WCVB/status/1255952954571530249

quote:

A Worcester Walmart employee tested positive for COVID-19 on April 8, but Walmart didn’t close the store for cleaning until the city shut it down. Now 23 workers have COVID-19.

Bert Roberge has issued a correction as of 01:49 on May 2, 2020

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
USA!

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
I been playin Video games all day

Did america open er up?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

36k new cases just today???

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Judakel posted:

Bari Weiss is probably the only person that can go on Joe Rogan and make him seem smart by comparison. And he has brain-damaged fighters on from time to time.

I wonder if she was trying to avoid defining "toadie" because she knew she would be describing herself

...I think I'm giving her way too much credit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!
lol didn't that overbaked washington model say we already hit the peak last month?