Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Soysaucebeast posted:

I think it's random. I saw a video on youtube (I can try and dig it out of my history if you want) that basically made it sound like at a certain date a random villager will always ask to leave. Apparently the dates are specific to your account, so he had to time travel through every day for two weeks to find his specific one for the Month. But once he found the date he could go back and forth to it and force the villager who wanted to leave to change until he got the one he wanted. I don't think it has anything to do with how much they like you or anything, otherwise I'm sure he would have explained that too.

So more accounts means more people wanting to leave? That seems broken.

I wonder if there is still specific dialog for when you leave for a few years like in New Leaf. It was like you became the stuff of legend, the mayor who just vanished one day.

And More fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Bioshuffle posted:

What prompts a villager to give the "I want to leave" dialogue? Is it just random?

Just had one of my first 2 villagers give me the talk, and I'm confused why he did, because I've been giving them gifts and being all around pleasant to them.

What the gently caress!

I think it's just totally random. My guess is the game just periodically decides to let someone try to move out, then likely picks someone who hasn't asked in awhile.

From what it sounds like though, no-one will move out without checking with you though.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

TheBizzness posted:

Anyone got the big crown in their able sister shop today?
Yes, I'm still open from before: Dodo 9LM3Y
Visitors have died back down so prob about to close up soon.

Hobo Clown posted:

I'll come grab a crown if you're still open when this zoom meeting for work I'm on ends
Did you get in btw?

edit: Also is there any trick to getting flies? I had turnips out for a while now, and got one once. Still want 3 more for flick. Like I know the ants need a certain amount of space around, and i got those really easily. Do the flies need space too? I cut off the spacing to avoid ants in hopes of getting more flies... but not seeing anything now.
Does trash work better than turnips for flies?

peepsalot fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 1, 2020

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

First time using Harv's studio and this is the dumb crap I come up with...

https://twitter.com/CercueilSA/status/1256346539099746304

Octavian and Del's underground turtle fighting ring has had a mixed response from the villagers.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

raven77 posted:

K2XQS - Nooklings are buying turnips for 599 bells. It’s currently 6:15 pm, and I’ll keep my island open as long as there’s interest, or until Nooks closes at 10 pm, whichever comes first. Also Redd is here but all he has left is fakes, as well as unlimited soft serve lamps and essay sets. Feel free to buy something from him if you want. No tips necessary!

What color lamp? I don't want to fight the turnip rush but might be able to get one from you later if it's one she needs?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Chris Pistols posted:

I literally just got one today! Give us a Dodo code and I'll bring it to you

Hey if you're available - Closing shop for dinner, will be back later

Not a ton going on but anyone is welcome, got a few freebies laying around.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 1, 2020

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

peepsalot posted:

Does trash work better than turnips for flies?

Honestly, I left a can out and got flies the next day. I get ants better with turnips.

Leave a can out, should work.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

peepsalot posted:

Yes, I'm still open from before: Dodo 9LM3Y
Visitors have died back down so prob about to close up soon.

Be right there.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
checked my island eval today, and hey, whaddaya know? :toot:
https://twitter.com/Waffliesinyofac/status/1256346116179718144

raven77
Jan 28, 2006

Nevermore.

New Leaf posted:

What color lamp? I don't want to fight the turnip rush but might be able to get one from you later if it's one she needs?

It’s a light aqua blue. There’s honestly no rush, surprisingly, if you want to come by now.

Edit: famous last words. Pausing so people here can actually move.

raven77 fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 1, 2020

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Chicken Doodle posted:

Honestly, I left a can out and got flies the next day. I get ants better with turnips.

Leave a can out, should work.
Hrm, maybe its a thing where they only spawn at the start of the day/login then, i'll try keeping trash out overnight.

My dodo is closed now. Thanks to all who stopped by.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Nemo2342 posted:

Opening up Skeletowne for a bit while I'm AFK working

Nooks: labeled cardboard box, handy water cooler, r/w/y cosmos, r/w/o windflower, r/w/y tulip
Ables: comedian's jackets, explorer shirt/shorts/hat, sports tank, petal skirts, rumba dress, bunny hood, zap helmet
Leif: azalea, holy, r/w/y mum, r/w/y lily

DODO Code: 76MY1

Skeletowne is still open for another hour or two

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

raven77 posted:

It’s a light aqua blue. There’s honestly no rush, surprisingly, if you want to come by now.

I'm sending my friend (Riggles) over, she's the one looking. Thanks a bunch!

raven77
Jan 28, 2006

Nevermore.

New Leaf posted:

I'm sending my friend (Riggles) over, she's the one looking. Thanks a bunch!

Of course I spoke too soon! Things got crazy and I had to close for a bit.

raven77 fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 2, 2020

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?
Not sure if I'm allowed to advertise this here but I'm selling cloned NFCs in SA-Mart: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3921975 . I hope this can help someone out looking for Marshal or Anhka .

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Wait, you can do Judy/Raymond/the new villagers?

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?

redcheval posted:

Only villagers with Amiibo cards. I accidentally wrote some of the new ones in the SAmart thread, I fixed it. :)

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

redcheval posted:

Not until there are cards of them to clone no

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

raven77 posted:

Temporary pause, island suddenly got crowded - Nooklings are buying turnips for 599 bells. It’s currently 6:15 pm, and I’ll keep my island open as long as there’s interest, or until Nooks closes at 10 pm, whichever comes first. Also Redd is here but all he has left is fakes, as well as unlimited soft serve lamps and essay sets. Feel free to buy something from him if you want. No tips necessary!

Your island is so cute! Thanks for letting me stop by. I didn't have any turnips to sell but my Nook Shop is closed today and I wanted to offload the May Day vouchers.

raven77
Jan 28, 2006

Nevermore.

Chicken Doodle posted:

Your island is so cute! Thanks for letting me stop by. I didn't have any turnips to sell but my Nook Shop is closed today and I wanted to offload the May Day vouchers.

Thank you! I’ve put waaaay too much work into it, I’m glad you liked it!

raven77 fucked around with this message at 02:53 on May 2, 2020

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Still no meteor...My island is cursed to be meteor free, isn't it?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

BattyKiara posted:

Still no meteor...My island is cursed to be meteor free, isn't it?

:same:
:negative:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

FrickenMoron posted:

Coincidentally, how often do meteor showers happen? I had Celeste show up again a few days ago but it was a cloudy night. Then a clear night after but no meteors.
I've had Celeste show up a few times but haven't had a single meteor shower since the game released and I've played every day. Some RNG just rolls bad it seems.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Is there a decent online item index? I’m working on a specific theme and I’d like to see what I have left to collect.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Mallary moved out, and I spent 16k bells on tickets island hopping to try to find a replacement I liked.

Worth it, I ended up with Marshal!! Don’t care if he’s over-rated he’s cute as heck

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

DaveKap posted:

I've had Celeste show up a few times but haven't had a single meteor shower since the game released and I've played every day. Some RNG just rolls bad it seems.

Celeste showed up for me last night, but this was the first time I've had stars fall, and she'd been on my island at least three other times. Does it have to be a crystal clear night? That's the only thing I can think of.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

TheBizzness posted:

Is there a decent online item index? I’m working on a specific theme and I’d like to see what I have left to collect.

https://villagerdb.com/

raven77
Jan 28, 2006

Nevermore.

FrickenMoron posted:

Coincidentally, how often do meteor showers happen? I had Celeste show up again a few days ago but it was a cloudy night. Then a clear night after but no meteors.

They’re very rare and random. I’ve played every day and haven’t even had one. I’ve seen a few shooting stars, but nothing like I’ve seen at other people’s islands. I’ve also been told that Isabelle will announce the big meteor showers, so as long as you pay attention to her, you won’t miss one.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Nemo2342 posted:

Skeletowne is still open for another hour or two

Cheers. Mint is making golden toilets right now for anyone interested.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Heck yeah, thanks!

I guess there’s not much gold stuff left for me to collect :(

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

raven77 posted:

I’m back open, K2XQS. Redd has 1 Academic painting fake left, but he’s also got unlimited aqua blue soft serve lamps and essay sets. And Nooks are buying turnips for 599 bells!

Your Pierce is making a doghouse btw.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Your villagers will also talk about how clear the skies are, Audie even mentioned wanting to be one of the moon wolves

raven77
Jan 28, 2006

Nevermore.

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Your Pierce is making a doghouse btw.

Oh thank you!

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Opening my town for the heck of it. I'll mostly be AFK. Once Able's moves, the town part of my island will finally be done. Turnips are only going for 113, but Sahara's in town. Nook's rare item is a Red Corner & Able's has some sentai-style helmets. Items in the "Take or Leaf" are fair game as is any fruit on the island. If anyone has any arcade machines to donate, I'd appreciate it.

Dodo code: CLOSED

Moai Ou fucked around with this message at 02:16 on May 2, 2020

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

TheBizzness posted:

If you've an iDevice, https://apps.apple.com/us/app/acnh-travel-guide/id1502818559 has been real good so far.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Shamino posted:

Not sure if I'm allowed to advertise this here but I'm selling cloned NFCs in SA-Mart: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3921975 . I hope this can help someone out looking for Marshal or Anhka .

I did the thing.

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007
Hey y'all. Don't post much, but have visited y'all's islands. My turnips are suddenly up to 447 bells. DIY is tree branch wreath with Pashmina in front of the airport. Dodo code is K660C. I just set up my free stuff section near the front. Celeste is also on the island.

Mistaken Frisbee fucked around with this message at 01:26 on May 2, 2020

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

raven77 posted:

I’m back open, K2XQS. Redd has 1 Academic painting fake left, but he’s also got unlimited aqua blue soft serve lamps and essay sets. And Nooks are buying turnips for 599 bells!

Also, Pierce is offering doghouse diys.

Thanks for hosting! I dig the music setup

at some point I'll put together an amphitheater/orchestra of my own, but nooks seem to be stingy with instruments

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

In addition to this, the ACNH Guide app has updated to have a complete catalog of all the DIY's, and items (including customizations so far as I can tell). They've also made the front screen customizable in case you want to add/remove anything. I stumbled across the update on Reddit and had to manually update the app, but it was worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019

raven77 posted:

Also, Pierce is offering doghouse diys.

just sent you a friend invite, would love to visit!