Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wild Animal
Dec 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Holy poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the wfh poo poo is great because it's going to seriously blow up the economy in a big way lol

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

so am I going to wake up in June and i will thinl i have been transported back to early March? Reports of diseased cruise ships denied port, a new wave of panic buying, urgent orders to stay home

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

snoo posted:

they literally could've coddled these selfish dipshits and treated it like a vacation and given everyone what they needed even if it's hard to deal with your kids and you hate your spouse and your life but nah fam better let 60k people die and god knows how many more

i read an article recently about how some brits are treating this like a sabbatical. the govt pays 80% of their salary.

i know everyone itt probably knows that already but i have to keep reminding myself to appreciate how deeply stupid the US is being about this

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

It's real funny theyre saying they're gonna start sailing in aus/nz without any government confirmation at all, while being investigated for killing hundreds of people

Australia has mandatory quarantine for returning travellers. Sure hope anyone who goes on a cruise during the remainder of this year has to foot the quarantine bill themselves.

Whatever happened to international travel being the last restriction Australia is going to lift?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

eighty-four merc posted:

no way

the myth of sisyphus is a masterpiece and imo makes a strong case for a very useful answer to a Big Question

honestly online leftists would probably have better lives in general if they self identified as Camus readers instead of as Marx understanders

Well that's you misunderstanding badly.

I said Camus was a shitbag with no real answers (which also describes Marx) - and I stand by that statement.

But I also recommended reading his works.

Because he asks questions worth asking - and equally acknowledges he doesn't have the real answers, because that would be rather missing the point.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Zeroisanumber posted:

if you die on a plague ship do you become a ghost sailor

Forever cursed to roam the seven seas and watch old people get wasted and abuse the staff

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

just make the photo a black guy. why even hide it?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://www.nhpr.org/post/coronavirus-update-sununu-amends-stay-home-order-nh-reports-9-new-deaths

New Hampshire will begin opening as well in ten days.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Lolie posted:

Australia has mandatory quarantine for returning travellers. Sure hope anyone who goes on a cruise during the remainder of this year has to foot the quarantine bill themselves.

Whatever happened to international travel being the last restriction Australia is going to lift?

I'm pretty sure Aus border closure isn't getting lifted anytime soon, they're staying closed for at least another 3 months I think I heard Scotty from marketing say.
These cruise lines are being insanely optimistic, but maybe they are planning on cruises that just cruise between Australian ports to begin with or from Aus to NZ when that border finally reopens.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Also I'd like to call it now that the next hotspot is going to be the Great Lakes states. Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin are all trending upwards. The only exception is Michigan, but they got smacked hard a few weeks ago and aren't loving around like the rest of them are.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

endlessmonotony posted:

Well that's you misunderstanding badly.

I said Camus was a shitbag with no real answers (which also describes Marx) - and I stand by that statement.

But I also recommended reading his works.

Because he asks questions worth asking - and equally acknowledges he doesn't have the real answers, because that would be rather missing the point.

lol

in context I thought you were making a joke by recommending Camus. like to help the guy overcome his prodromal nihilism

maybe I misunderstand what you mean by "real answers." I offered an example of an answer that has utility because that's what makes an answer real to me

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

This is just like video games. The vocal minority of poo poo heads complaining are getting all the attention. The majority at home minding their own business aren't causing a ruckus so it seems like the majority of people want to open up.

Also lol at the country telling people to stay home and only giving out 1200 one time. This dumb fuckin country sucks.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I love all the hot talking points about just isolating the vulnerable people like the olds and immunocompromised and let the rest of us OPEN WIDE.

Guess what vulnerable populations we have done nothing to protect and have no plans to help?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Today was the second highest new # of cases for America. The highest was last Friday.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Zotix posted:

This is just like video games. The vocal minority of poo poo heads complaining are getting all the attention. The majority at home minding their own business aren't causing a ruckus so it seems like the majority of people want to open up.

Also lol at the country telling people to stay home and only giving out 1200 one time. This dumb fuckin country sucks.

nevertheless it opens

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

SKULL.GIF posted:

my mom's boyfriend had to go into the ER tonight because he was showing pre-heart-attack symptoms and his doctor got concerned enough to order testing (the tests came back clear, he's fine)

guess they're gonna be in quarantine for the next 2 weeks since that hospital has corona patients

I stopped by every 5-6 days to check up on them (I don't go anywhere else except to the grocery, and I self-isolate for 5+ days after each trip to ensure I don't have it) and I guess that routine is now down to "drop off food at the front porch, wave through the window, and leave"

up to two more years of this

do we really know its only up to two more years of this

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Stereotype posted:

Also I'd like to call it now that the next hotspot is going to be the Great Lakes states. Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin are all trending upwards. The only exception is Michigan, but they got smacked hard a few weeks ago and aren't loving around like the rest of them are.

gotta say its fantastic being able to point to state regs and say "nope, state still says no, gently caress off, we're just complying with the law"

theres a ton of chuds in the UP but they're a ten hour drive from lansing so all they can do is whine online. everyone has been really good about things and we're still at zero cases in the last three weeks. as soon as the state opens up and vacationers have somewhere to park the RV we're doomed. the regional health department is already forecasting our peak to be june/july.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

excuse me mr president can i have some more money thank u

may you make many deals

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mons Hubris posted:

do we really know its only up to two more years of this

this depends entirely on the nature of immunity to the disease, which seems to be better than the worst case of "it hides in your nerves sometimes and re-emerges and ALSO you can get reinfected immediately" but we really don't know much yet

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

SKULL.GIF posted:

my mom's boyfriend had to go into the ER tonight because he was showing pre-heart-attack symptoms and his doctor got concerned enough to order testing (the tests came back clear, he's fine)

guess they're gonna be in quarantine for the next 2 weeks since that hospital has corona patients

I stopped by every 5-6 days to check up on them (I don't go anywhere else except to the grocery, and I self-isolate for 5+ days after each trip to ensure I don't have it) and I guess that routine is now down to "drop off food at the front porch, wave through the window, and leave"

up to two thousand more years of this

Ftfy

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1256413369134915584?s=20

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

I'm reflecting on all the time I wasted voting.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Helith posted:

I'm pretty sure Aus border closure isn't getting lifted anytime soon, they're staying closed for at least another 3 months I think I heard Scotty from marketing say.
These cruise lines are being insanely optimistic, but maybe they are planning on cruises that just cruise between Australian ports to begin with or from Aus to NZ when that border finally reopens.

Unless you're the Auckland rugby league team, then come on over.

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Zil posted:

Forever cursed to roam the seven seas and watch old people get wasted and abuse the staff

Shambling across the deck in tattered khakis and Hawaiian shirts.
They say, on calm nights, you can still hear the click-clack of their curse-ed shuffleboard games echoing across the waves.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/peterbakernyt/status/1256416285107380226

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

The onion really peaked in late 2000s-early 10s with the ONN videos. Almost a decade later and its still their most popular content. Cant fathom why they stopped making them

they were produced by IFC and cost a lot of money

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

beginning to think tjhis whole coronavirus thing was a real "whoopsie doopsie"

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Where is that video showing covid getting spread via surfaces until the whole city turns red and The Internationale starts playing?

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
So can any smart doctors tell me if IL-6 inhibitors have any nasty side effects or if they aren't actually that effective for stopping the covid cytokine storm? I'm real tempted to gamble on them given that there are trial results coming out this month and next.

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

endlessmonotony posted:

Read some Camus.

He was a shitbag with no real answers.

extremely false my guy

"the plague" is incredible and should be required reading for this thread

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Manufacturing arm of my company has been essential for weeks so production has been coming in, while management said they are going to slow roll any change to the WFH order for engineering. Outdoor seating at restaurants will be a new aspect but we still have beaches and such closed. Gov is also allowing uncomfortable/unsafe workers for opened business collect unemployment.

As much as I really dont want to say this and rather we find a way to stay closed to minimize deaths, I feel like we will at least be a good learning opportunity for a phased approach applicable to many rural areas of the country that arent making a move yet.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Coatlicue posted:

https://twitter.com/LEBassett/status/1047525081713467393?s=19

A PISS TAPE IS REAL HAT.

In the wild. Didn't a goon in the trump thread make these?

lmao

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

democrats love treating politics like a reality show then get mad when a reality show star gets to be president

"oh no how could you vote fauci off the island, trump is such a bitch oh my godddd" shut the gently caress up

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Salt Fish posted:

I'm reflecting on all the time I wasted voting.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

kater
Nov 16, 2010

going on a cruise ship actually sounds like a great way to escape this lunacy. they arent planning on returning right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Der Meister posted:

I have never been filled with more hate than right now this is healthy