Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Salt Fish posted:

I'm reflecting on all the time I wasted voting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

hmmmm

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

LOVED THIS GAME

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Such an incredible deep cut.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

BRB, gonna go to the shutdown Goodwill I got mine from and yell for my $4.99 back.

Mine was free 6 years ago so I'm not complaining

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I had a pants rat, once

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

mad.radhu posted:

democrats love treating politics like a reality show then get mad when a reality show star gets to be president

"oh no how could you vote fauci off the island, trump is such a bitch oh my godddd" shut the gently caress up

What an incredibly dumb take

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

LimburgLimbo posted:

What an incredibly dumb take

you aint seen nothin yet

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

that's the game where you remember sailor

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

BONGHITZ posted:

LOVED THIS GAME

It's very good and everyone should play it. I wish I could forget everything about it so I can play it again. I keep reading and posting in C-Spam hoping it gives me the right kind of brain damage to make it so.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

power word- Jeb! posted:

that's the game where you remember sailor

omfg

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

Today was the second highest new # of cases for America. The highest was last Friday.

open by may!

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
So to date 28% of diagnosed and resolved cases end in death. With 900k cases that's another 250k dead people if that ratio holds.

On the one hand it seems pretty likely that that ratio is skewed by the limited number of tests. Otoh the absolute massive numbers of identified cases and deaths probably means it's pretty statistically significant and not likely to not just drop to 10% overnight

I wonder how good they are at closing the loop on diagnosed but recovered casrs

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Frog Act posted:

so should I quit smoking or what I’m getting mixed messages

I'm on 2 months without nicotine and i'm just now starting to go 12 hour periods without thinking about it.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

SKULL.GIF posted:

Today was the second highest new # of cases for America. The highest was last Friday.
Wow peak is over

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

this was pages and pages ago... and nobody made an Illinois Nazi joke?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/2020/05/01/sen-mitt-romney-proposes/

"Sen. Mitt Romney proposes ‘Patriot Pay’ to give essential workers a $12 per hour raise" through July

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

everyone drop what you are doing and buy and play "return to obra dinn". all of you. thanks.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

galenanorth posted:

"Sen. Mitt Romney proposes ‘Patriot Pay’ to give essential workers a $12 per hour raise" through July

you cant fuckin take this money back rear end in a top hat

just raise the loving minimum wage

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

snoo posted:

lmao all it would've taken was a month, maybe two, of strict lock down, testing, contact tracing, travel restrictions, quarantine, rent/debt forgiveness, and utilizing government services to get food and other necessities to people, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

galenanorth posted:

lmao, Biden gonna get beaten on the left by Romney.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

snoo posted:

lmao all it would've taken was a month, maybe two, of strict lock down, testing, contact tracing, travel restrictions, quarantine, rent/debt forgiveness, and utilizing government services to get food and other necessities to people, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
sounds like tyranny to me

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Inceltown posted:

lmao, Biden gonna get beaten on the left by Romney.

Romney is already left of Biden and has been forever except during his campaign iirc

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

BONGHITZ posted:

everyone drop what you are doing and buy and play "return to obra dinn". all of you. thanks.

Return of the Obra Dinn loving rules even if it did make me into a racist who assigns Chinese and Maori names explicitly on appearance.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjuCjJZB9YA

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

oxsnard posted:

So to date 28% of diagnosed and resolved cases end in death. With 900k cases that's another 250k dead people if that ratio holds.

On the one hand it seems pretty likely that that ratio is skewed by the limited number of tests. Otoh the absolute massive numbers of identified cases and deaths probably means it's pretty statistically significant and not likely to not just drop to 10% overnight

I wonder how good they are at closing the loop on diagnosed but recovered casrs

I certainly think that ratio on worldometers is skewed to high. New Hampshire's breakdown of total cases, recovered, death, current cases, etc provides a better example.

https://www.nh.gov/covid19/

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
Cruise ship is the cool place to be.
Can do whatever u want on the cruise ship.
Can't leave the cruise ship.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

space uncle posted:

Return of the Obra Dinn loving rules even if it did make me into a racist who assigns Chinese and Maori names explicitly on appearance.

i am a monster :hai:

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

snoo posted:

you'd have to weld some people inside and attempting that here in the US would involve a firefight

we were doomed before it even hit. all these states opening up means asymptos bumbling around locked down states eventually, making the lockdown lose a lot of potency

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 51 minutes!

shovelbum posted:

Romney is already left of Biden and has been forever except during his campaign iirc

wow Vice President Romney!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Zeroisanumber posted:

if you die on a plague ship do you become a ghost sailor

that might be worth investigating. luckily the cruise ships are going to open back up

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

My Gimmick Name posted:

you'd have to weld some people inside and attempting that here in the US would involve a firefight

we were doomed before it even hit. all these states opening up means asymptos bumbling around locked down states eventually, making the lockdown lose a lot of potency

We should have the loving firefight once in a while but the cops and lots of the military are on the chud side lol

Tho maybe less of the military than I sometimes assume idk

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

galenanorth posted:

literally flanking to the left of the dems economically while pumping trillions of dollars into the blood of the wealthy

BernieLomax
May 29, 2002

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I've seen this analogy a lot recently except that if I'm remembering right, in that episode, the meteor wasn't a threat after all.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

OhFunny posted:

I certainly think that ratio on worldometers is skewed to high. New Hampshire's breakdown of total cases, recovered, death, current cases, etc provides a better example.

https://www.nh.gov/covid19/

That's also just the confirmed cases. It doesn't account for anyone who's contracted and recovered on their own. Also all of the antibody tests with random population testing have been showing massive numbers of asymptomatic carriers. .5 to 1% fatal is realistically where it is which is still really loving bad.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Zeriel posted:

That's also just the confirmed cases. It doesn't account for anyone who's contracted and recovered on their own. Also all of the antibody tests with random population testing have been showing massive numbers of asymptomatic carriers. .5 to 1% fatal is realistically where it is which is still really loving bad.

I thought we blew past .5% in NYC as in more than that percentage of the entire city is dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Hawaii's chud contingent finally decided to have a party. https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/05/01/breaking-news/arrests-made-at-reopen-hawaii-rally-in-front-of-state-capitol/

Also I went to their Facebook page and found a pic from their last luau.