Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Does he think there are people saving off old absentee ballots and planning to reuse them all for future elections? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

https://twitter.com/BrandyZadrozny/status/1256382338071760899

https://twitter.com/annamerlan/status/1256357705146527744

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Lassitude posted:

Won't touch around half of our annual firearms related homicides as those guns are generally smuggled in from the US.

You make it sound like a hypothetical potential 50% reduction is something to sneeze at.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I'm honestly fine if they don't want the vaccine for Covid

Sounds great to me :thumbsup:

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

No

He is a raw nerve of id. He does not process information like normal people, most of the time he simply lashes out immediately based on whether a stimulus rewards him or not.

The rare occasions he makes the effort to actually think about something you get brain genius episodes like his injecting bleach comments. We got to witness in real time as he processed the facts that UV light and household cleaners kill covid into his own personal revelation. Wow why don't we just shine light inside people and maybe inject bleach?? Could you medical folks look into that?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Public asked to 'tip your mask' when entering stores to shop
wandtv.com/news/Apr 29, 2020
"The "Tip Your Mask" initiative is a coordinated effort involving multiple Illinois police departments. With store owners concerned about people hiding their faces and potential crimes being committed, people are asked to slightly lower their mask and briefly show their faces when they enter a store to let employees know they are simply there to shop."

Georgia virus deaths top 500; mask law targeting Klan waived
apnews.com/April 14, 2020
"With the federal Centers for Disease Control now encouraging Americans to wear masks that cover the mouth and nose in public, Kemp signed an order Monday that says the anti-mask law can’t be enforced against people covering their faces as protection against the virus."

“I have a terrific headache.”
apnews.com/April 12, 1945
'According to reports, Roosevelt took ill shortly after 1 p.m. at his desk in his study. While placing his hand on the back of his head, he said his final words to his cousin, Laura Delano: “I have a terrific headache.”'

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Things can only get better for ol Joe Biden. https://twitter.com/NYMag/status/1256283621045960704?s=20

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I'm sure this is a strategy that can be kept up until November

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Make sure no direct light hits him at any time. I want a literal shadow president.

Edit: Joe Biden follows mogwai rules.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 2, 2020

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Uncle Wemus posted:

I'm sure this is a strategy that can be kept up until November

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This pandemic has been the greatest gift to him, to be honest. Even when restrictions get lifted more he won't have to do the same kind of grueling campaign that has become the standard.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

Man, it's gonna be fun for me at all the upcoming (virtual) parties I plan to attend when I start peppering pretty much every conversation with:

'According to reports, Roosevelt took ill shortly after 1 p.m. at his desk in his study. While placing his hand on the back of his head, he said his final words to his cousin, Laura Delano: “I have a terrific headache.”'

It's gonna be like wisp of salt. No future recipe will do without it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

FlamingLiberal posted:

This pandemic has been the greatest gift to him, to be honest. Even when restrictions get lifted more he won't have to do the same kind of grueling campaign that has become the standard.

that plus trump being trump doing horrific/dumb/awful trump poo poo on top of a pandemic thats gonna grow more.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The giant dude in the hat is using her arrest as a chance to cop a feel.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

10 bucks that's his house that he's pulling

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

I'm gonna go not with these rallies aren't anti vaxxers, these rallies are people that are easily duped because they buy into all the conspiracies which the right just happens to love too. The fact there are anti vaxxers in the crowd isn't important, it's just coincidence

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 02:55 on May 2, 2020

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

SocketWrench posted:

I'm gonna go not with these rallies aren't anti vaxxers, these rallies are people that are easily duped because they buy into all the conspiracies which the right just happens to love too. The fact there are anti vaxxers in the crowd isn't important, it's just coincidence

Naah, all the anti vaxxers I know are also the don’t wear mask folks and I want to go to Costco and browse all day folks. It’s Deffo related.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It makes sense that anti vaxxers would also be anti ppe/social distancing and "corinavirus is a hoax" people. Like they're the same basic train of thought if you don't just assume everyone's acting in bad faith. A mistrust in medical experts and belief you should be free to do as you please with your health with no regard for how it affects others.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Some lovely local news that might gain some traction... Nice job loving Nazis.

https://twitter.com/LewisForMN/status/1255918880414928897?s=19

https://twitter.com/webster/status/1256345408139169792?s=19

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

Does he think there are people saving off old absentee ballots and planning to reuse them all for future elections? :psyduck:

He thinks that he benefits from voter suppression so he's attacking things that would allow more people to vote.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

That guy's a good dude

gently caress them for firing him for annoying lunatic fascists

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Ok Comboomer posted:

You make it sound like a hypothetical potential 50% reduction is something to sneeze at.

Homicides with long arms are actually a small percentage of our firearms deaths and this ban won't significantly affect it, but the kinds of guns to be banned cover a lot of spree shooters so the ban's fine. But this is the USPOL thread so I was mainly pointing out that American guns constitute around half of guns used in crime and, while nice, any kind of long arm ban won't touch the significant driver of gun crime in Canada. Short of closing the border indefinitely nothing will. I don't want to talk about Canada here anymore though.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Otteration posted:

Public asked to 'tip your mask' when entering stores to shop
wandtv.com/news/Apr 29, 2020
"The "Tip Your Mask" initiative is a coordinated effort involving multiple Illinois police departments. With store owners concerned about people hiding their faces and potential crimes being committed, people are asked to slightly lower their mask and briefly show their faces when they enter a store to let employees know they are simply there to shop."

still really loving angry at this poo poo

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Otteration posted:

Man, it's gonna be fun for me at all the upcoming (virtual) parties I plan to attend when I start peppering pretty much every conversation with:

It's gonna be like wisp of salt. No future recipe will do without it.

What are you talking about and why? How does this relate

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

SirPablo posted:

KARE11 Meteorologist: Protestors Are “Nazi Sympathizer Gun Fetishist Miscreants”

:freep: Miscreants?!

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

beejay posted:

beejay posted:

How does this relate

To what? The current loving zeitgeist?

Why yes, yes it does.

How do you relate?

Edit: It all gives me a giant headache. What does it do for you?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
For once the weather man was correct.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

hanales posted:

Naah, all the anti vaxxers I know are also the don’t wear mask folks and I want to go to Costco and browse all day folks. It’s Deffo related.

I base my conclusion off the fact I've known a few really left anti-vaxxers myself. I doubt they'd go to one of these Trump rallies over it

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

beejay posted:

A lawyer dressed as the Grim Reaper is haunting Florida beaches to protest their reopening
cnn.com/May 1, 2020
"Most Floridians hitting the newly reopened beaches are trading stay-at-home sweatpants for shorts and swimsuits.
But when he heads out, Daniel Uhlfelder dons a raggedy black robe, conceals his face with a black cloth and wields his scythe.

Uhlfelder, an attorney, is haunting Florida beaches dressed as the Grim Reaper to protest their reopening, which he believes is premature.
It's a macabre plea to beachgoers to stay home."

To which I reply (with grim hope, btw):

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

TulliusCicero posted:

That guy's a good dude

gently caress them for firing him for annoying lunatic fascists

Yeah, he said the spooky word* didn't he? The one Youtube tries to censor regardless of historical usage because it would hurt the fee fees of the crowd constantly screaming about liberals and their delicate feelings

*Nazi

Lassitude posted:

Homicides with long arms are actually a small percentage of our firearms deaths and this ban won't significantly affect it, but the kinds of guns to be banned cover a lot of spree shooters so the ban's fine. But this is the USPOL thread so I was mainly pointing out that American guns constitute around half of guns used in crime and, while nice, any kind of long arm ban won't touch the significant driver of gun crime in Canada. Short of closing the border indefinitely nothing will. I don't want to talk about Canada here anymore though.

Not to worry, when we attempt bans here, even when they do get approved, don't really do a whole lot against gun crime either.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 2, 2020

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Push El Burrito posted:

For once the weather man was correct.

You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Tally stick ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tally_stick :

"A tally stick (or simply tally[1]) was an ancient memory aid device used to record and document numbers, quantities, or even messages. Tally sticks first appear as animal bones carved with notches during the Upper Palaeolithic; a notable example is the Ishango Bone. Historical reference is made by Pliny the Elder (AD 23–79) about the best wood to use for tallies, and by Marco Polo (1254–1324) who mentions the use of the tally in China. Tallies have been used for numerous purposes such as messaging and scheduling, and especially in financial and legal transactions, to the point of being currency. "
"The most prominent and best recorded use of the split tally stick or "nick-stick"[6][7] being used as a form of currency[8] was when Henry I introduced the tally stick system in medieval England in around 1100. He would accept the tally stick only for taxes, and it was a tool of the Exchequer for the collection of taxes by local sheriffs (tax farmers "farming the shire")[citation needed] for seven centuries."

https://i.imgur.com/PqA9a4Y.jpg

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

A big flaming stink posted:

anyway, happy May Day

https://twitter.com/means_tv/status/1256208829173444609

"In a dystopia where wealthy capitalists control elections, media, and the lives of working people..."

gotta love that subtlety :eyepop:

Man, Broforce went in a really weird direction in its sequel.

Alamoduh
Sep 12, 2011

coronavirus posted:

It's not really fraud because he isn't lying per say. Telsa stock has been insanely, massively overvalued for years because of techbros jerking themselves over Elon. Compared to the size of the company, the earnings and the potential over the next 5 or 10 years, Tesla might literally be the most over-valued stock in the entire US stock market.

I can’t believe that you don’t believe that Tesla is worth more than Ford, GM, and Mercedes Benz combined. It’s just science!

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Thousands Of NYC Tenants Kick Off Historic Rent Strike, Distressing Landlords
gothamist.com/ May 1, 2020
'Tenants across the country plan to withhold their rent from landlords beginning on Friday, as both federal and state leaders continue to resist calls to provide direct relief to millions of struggling renters.

The protest, coinciding with May Day, is believed to be the largest coordinated rent strike in nearly a century. In New York, where more than half of tenants are considered rent burdened, some 12,000 residents have signed a pledge not to pay this month — a number that likely understates the massive wave of coming rent strikes.

"People can't pay," Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said this week. "You cannot coerce someone into doing something that they cannot do."

According to a recent survey by the real estate group PropertyNest, nearly 44 percent of New York City residents say they will not have the money to pay rent on time this month. A total of 1.6 million New York residents have reported losing their jobs since the start of the pandemic, with many still unable to access the state’s overwhelmed unemployment system.'

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Otteration posted:

According to a recent survey by the real estate group PropertyNest, nearly 44 percent of New York City residents say they will not have the money to pay rent on time this month. A total of 1.6 million New York residents have reported losing their jobs since the start of the pandemic, with many still unable to access the state’s overwhelmed unemployment system.'

It's really hilariously dumb to let things get this far for people who have a strong interest in maintaining the status quo. Rent strikes and sitdown strikes are illegal because they're effective as hell on a wide scale. You'd think people would do literally almost anything to avoid a situation where renters are forced to take action like this en masse.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Paradoxish posted:

It's really hilariously dumb to let things get this far for people who have a strong interest in maintaining the status quo. Rent strikes and sitdown strikes are illegal because they're effective as hell on a wide scale. You'd think people would do literally almost anything to avoid a situation where renters are forced to take action like this en masse.

Yes but if the government made more payments to people to help them pay rent and groceries etc, there wouldn't be incentive for them to work!

-Lindsey Graham :shepface:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Alamoduh posted:

I can’t believe that you don’t believe that Tesla is worth more than Ford, GM, and Mercedes Benz combined. It’s just science!

Share price needs to be multiplied by the number of outstanding shares to be compared like that! :eng101:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_capitalization

Edit: I just looked it up and you did do that - Tesla's market cap is 6.5x Ford's. :suicide:

Double edit: Tesla has double the market cap of loving VAG. VAG owns Volkswagen, Audi, Lamborghini, Porsche, Bentley, Ducati, Skoda, Bugatti...

Guys, I... I think Elon musk is right.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 06:30 on May 2, 2020

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Please don't gently caress Nazis.

Also weather forecasts are pretty loving accurate and have been for a long time now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

RandomBlue posted:

Also weather forecasts are pretty loving accurate and have been for a long time now.

Fake news. NOAA doesn't know poo poo.