Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/houstonpolice/status/1256395011937239045?s=19

Play ball!!!!! *gets sick and dies in weeks*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
thank god that the insanity is finally over... we've opened er up and all is right

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Xaris posted:

that's actually kind of the real annoying part of htis, it's been almost 2-months and i've barely gotten drunk/stoned, like maybce twice? i had kind of hoped it'd be a good time just to get daydrunk stoned/high and catchup on a backlog of games and ~prestige~ tv poo poo, but no i haven't really felt like it and work has been mixing up with relaxation time big time and i keep dropping the balll with work poo poo which stresses me out further. also been sleeping and waking up like poo poo.

hell i'm still doing work right now trying to get a technical memo outo

I don’t call it “dropping the ball at work” I call it “engaging in a subversive work slowdown in solidarity with labor”.

I mean, it’s almost like existing with constant pandemic trauma and being unable to reasonably plan for the future is creating a lot of situational depression which is somehow bad for productivity.
:thunkher:

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Memes. The real virus all along.

(btw MGS5 with all dlc is under $10 on steam atm)

Durf has issued a correction as of 06:35 on May 2, 2020

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Didn't quite get caught up, but out of time.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Help I have roni toes

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Xaris posted:

that's actually kind of the real annoying part of htis, it's been almost 2-months and i've barely gotten drunk/stoned, like maybce twice? i had kind of hoped it'd be a good time just to get daydrunk stoned/high and catchup on a backlog of games and ~prestige~ tv poo poo, but no i haven't really felt like it and work has been mixing up with relaxation time big time and i keep dropping the balll with work poo poo which stresses me out further. also been sleeping and waking up like poo poo.

just, same, i am not the best at my job atm, and i am awash in guilt and shame

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

That is not Orlando Jones.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

RandomBlue posted:

That is not Orlando Jones.

make seven up yours

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

seattle plague rat posted:

just tell them you havent worked in 5 weeks and your family is going to starve and if they press you start sobbing

idk but id try that first

if you have pay stubs youre in

I hope so. I have my information and my facts and that's all I can do.

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2020/04/28/md-unemployment-claims-employee-says-its-frustrating-to-work-on-the-other-side-too-as-residents-struggle-to-claim-unemployment/ posted:

“We are facing an unemployment insurance system that is riddled with red-tape,” Suggs said.

He shares the story of one man crying to him on a call.

“A gentleman who tearfully described how he and his wife no longer have money to buy food for their four children. He shared this with me as I explained to him that after filing for six weeks and he finally got someone on the phone that he is ineligible for unemployment based on a technicality,” Suggs said. “By the end of the call, I was in tears as well.”

:smith:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i want the trees to stop ejaculating so i dont have half the symptoms constantly

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

snoo posted:

I hope so. I have my information and my facts and that's all I can do.

:smith:

Here is an instructional video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U39gGj_pY6I

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
They really need to send out more stimulus checks until we're back to 5% unemployment.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

The Saucer Hovers posted:

i want the trees to stop ejecting so i dont have half the symptoms constantly

this was a good year to suddenly develop allergies

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Philthy posted:

They really need to send out more stimulus checks until we're back to 5% unemployment.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
We can get some government paper
You know food stamps can we really do that
Hell yea, right there for the taking
gently caress welfare we say reparations
And, uh, you know the grind
Get up early get in the line and just wait
Everybody on break that's part of the game
And when they call your name
Ms. Case Worker let my state my claim
I'm homeless, jobless, times is hard, I'm 'bout hopeless
But I gotta eat regardless
No family to run to I'm 22
Now tell me what the gently caress am I supposed to do
My sad story made her feel close to me
I made her feel like it was an emergency
When I came to the crib niggaz couldn't believe
I came back with a big bag of groceries (hell yeah)

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

snoo posted:

what happens at the unemployment appointment? like I assume it's over the phone, so what, am I talking with an unemployment person and my boss or something???

I'm not in Maryland but when I got assigned a UI "interview" it wasn't until well after my online application for UI was approved and I had already been paid once or twice. Eventually I got a letter stating I had an "in person appointment" (this was back in February). They picked the appointment time for me, I had no input and they didn't provide a working way of rescheduling. In a hail mary move I just showed up to the office early and the nice people let me do it right then. They took one look at my status on the site and handed me some pamplets and sent me on my way. That's because I had already correctly filled out work search history for a couple weeks, and correctly uploaded a resume to their difficult to navigate jobs program website.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Dumb Lowtax posted:

I'm not in Maryland but when I got assigned a UI "interview" it wasn't until well after my online application for UI was approved and I had already been paid once or twice. Eventually I got a letter stating I had an "in person appointment" (this was back in February). They picked the appointment time for me, I had no input and they didn't provide a working way of rescheduling. In a hail mary move I just showed up to the office early and the nice people let me do it right then. They took one look at my status on the site and handed me some pamplets and sent me on my way. That's because I had already correctly filled out work search history for a couple weeks, and correctly uploaded a resume to their difficult to navigate jobs program website.

yes just follow the rules and pay your taxes and loot the rotting corpse of uncle sam like a patriotic american

the president is grabbing what he can & we can too

by god they steal from you every time they get the chance

i have to pay taxes on weed now

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

I already get a bi annual stimulus check. It's called a prostate exam

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Xaris posted:

Working from home is legit hard and a way different skill than working at work. Not a criticism or anything, just something that a lot of people don't really seem to get until they have to do it.

I've been going loving insane since both of my big clients sent all of their employees home. I used to have fairly minimal interaction with people and actually get poo poo done, now I spend all morning in totally pointless Zoom meanings for some goddamn reason and have to deal with people submitting work at weird hours all day long.

edit- if anyone's job is making you do more than one teleconferencing meeting per day and you aren't doing, like, actual collaborative work during that meeting then loving yell at them because they're probably responsible for utterly destroying whatever semblance of work/life balance you have

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
The only reason you should be having more than one Zoom meeting with work a day is if you’re trying to get the choreography down for an uplifting viral video.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Trixie Hardcore posted:

The only reason you should be having more than one Zoom meeting with work a day is if you’re trying to get the choreography down for an uplifting viral video.

My girlfriend's school has her in like 3-4 meetings per day, sometimes literally extending beyond her normal working hours. And then she's expected to do actual work on top of that. It's infuriating.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Yes, take your hand, the most likely vector to get you sick, and stick it directly under your mask so you can hotbox COVID.

This is exactly why most people wearing N95s are just as much at risk as people wearing bandanas.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

MadJackal posted:

Yes, take your hand, the most likely vector to get you sick, and stick it directly under your mask so you can hotbox COVID.

This is exactly why most people wearing N95s are just as much at risk as people wearing bandanas.

A small price to pay to comply with our surveillance systems.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

I hope masks become standard fashion because it is a giant gently caress you to our surveillance state. If you work in computer vision you're a cop.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I hope masks become standard fashion because it is a giant gently caress you to our surveillance state. If you work in computer vision you're a cop.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

just mark everyone that got the trumpbux as having a job, sucking the govt. tweat! must reply positively to trumps tweets. email in proof.
get your money. easy solution.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Mandatory forehead QR codes.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

with 10 minutes left on the timer i’ve had just enough time to finish all the computations necessary to update my Death Model

196,024 Americans will have perished of Covid-19 by the end of May

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

It sure does make unlocking my iPhone inconvenient though :(

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

Woofer posted:

It sure does make unlocking my iPhone inconvenient though :(

Just get your face on a mask

https://twitter.com/djbaskin/status/1256302392611500032

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

feeling pretty confident with my guess of 69k deaths by may 2nd

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Philthy posted:

sorry the ruling class has determined it's in their best interests to let people die rather than offer relief, because people may grow to expect basic protections from their government

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

im may

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

Thank you to all 212 people that guessed. I will put everything up tomorrow with an analysis that will make Schnorkles proud.

Someone guessed 100 million but I didn't put their name down for some reason so a mystery person will probably win. Data entry is hard.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
lol like clockwork, Trump moved the goal posts of him doing an awesome job to 100k people dead instead of 60k dead

didn't take any questions because he knew he would get called out on it

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
this account is currently crushing me for some reason

https://twitter.com/JohnnyAkzam/status/1256370314012958720

https://twitter.com/JohnnyAkzam/status/1256440697068158976

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

I'm gonna guess 696969.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Saw this on a walk today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
is that your orange bike