Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

MJeff posted:

I put the question to you, The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Are Suspended > FIGHT ISLAND > The Chris Regal Memorial Thread for Stupid Wrestling Fan Opinions - Enjoy Your Boneyard. Which subsection of WWE Fans are the worst/most hilarious? Going by whatever quality you may like, how obnoxious they are, how how easily gotten to they are, how creepy they are, etc. etc.

the people that run wrestler RP twitter accounts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Anybody with a strong opinion about Alexa Bliss.

I bet she smells nice

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Brave stance I know, but they're all pretty insufferable, not just wwe fans

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
E: nm clearly a joke tweet

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

To be clear, I don't personally give a poo poo about ratings. I only watch AEW and will never watch WWE's content and I definitely hope AEW succeeds but I'm not out there carrying a torch for them in some slap fight on twitter.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 2, 2020

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The Croc posted:

Probably move onto youtube views

They'd definitely move the goalposts to Raw's highest ratings in history.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MJeff posted:

I put the question to you, The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Are Suspended > FIGHT ISLAND > The Chris Regal Memorial Thread for Stupid Wrestling Fan Opinions - Enjoy Your Boneyard. Which subsection of WWE Fans are the worst/most hilarious? Going by whatever quality you may like, how obnoxious they are, how how easily gotten to they are, how creepy they are, etc. etc.

I would like to put forward first: Miz Fans. Seen here having a cry over Bryan's drunken kip-ups.

This is less about The Miz and more about hating Alvarez, who is whom r/squaredcircle has decided to hate this week because Meltzer hasn't said anything they can get mad at.

They're also mad at Cody this week too.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 00:39 on May 2, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Unperson_47 posted:

To be clear, I don't personally give a poo poo about ratings. I only watch AEW and will never watch WWE's current content and I definitely hope AEW succeeds but I'm not out there carrying a torch for them in some slap fight on twitter.

The ratings arguments are stupid in general and exist only for slapfights, silly tribalism, and to give the podcasters/writers something to talk about. They're an antiquated small sampling of the viewership that don't give us much real info. They matter to the networks and advertisers to keep them satisfied but beyond that its just people reading a lot into a little to feed their fights.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Dimebags Brain posted:

This is less about The Miz and more about hating Alvarez, who is whom r/squaredcircle has decided to hate this week because Meltzer hasn't said anything they can get mad at.

They're also mad at Cody this week too.

Every memorable match I can think of with HHH, it was because of everyone else in the match. Mick Foley was so white hot coming off the JR interview, anyone on the roster could have gotten over as much as HHH.

Also the line "Horny over Zelda tattoos" just makes me think of The Legend of Neil.

Vellius
Sep 22, 2007

Pinche Rudo posted:

After that happens, "Well they never sold out the Silverdome or AT&T stadium!"

call me when tiny tony khan sets millions of dollars on fire to start his own doomed sports league :smuggo: check and mate, aewailures :smuggo:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Vellius posted:

call me when tiny tony khan sets millions of dollars on fire to start his own doomed sports league :smuggo: check and mate, aewailures :smuggo:

to be fair, his soccer club and football team aint that great right now.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Vellius posted:

Have you heard of the Jacksonville Jaguars?

I know this was a joke, but I wanted to do a Jaguars burn. I'm sorry for implying you were an idiot with it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dimebags Brain posted:

Meltzer hasn't said anything they can get mad at.

Wait... this stops them?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Meltzer’s silence on *pet issue 10 people in the world care about* is deafening

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

syzpid posted:

Every memorable match I can think of with HHH, it was because of everyone else in the match. Mick Foley was so white hot coming off the JR interview, anyone on the roster could have gotten over as much as HHH.

Even the matches that people hate are memorable because of the other guy in the match!

Steiner (wrestling a broken down guy who can't work for poo poo, and getting gassed like a death row inmate in 1950's California)

Booker T (wrestling a visible minority in an angle where HHH made some comments with racist undertones, and the racist won!)

Goldberg (wrestling a guy that the crowd was getting behind, and then pulling the rug out from underneath him by beating him in their first encounter in a still novel match-type at a showcase event)

Brock Lesnar (doing his best to stall the guy's momentum post-return and beating him clean at WM29 when he shouldn't have)

Sheamus (doing his best to stall a new guy's momentum by beating him clean at WM26)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
All I can say about the Cody--HHH comparisons is that I would not take a poo poo during a Cody main event that I was attending in person. HHH has never, and will never get that respect from me.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Cavauro posted:

why would some worthless screeching douche "help to ruin wrestling." that's kind of strange

By pointing out obvious flaws in the thing they like he forces them to question if their fanboyism is justified, so he has to be lying and trying to ruin things out of sheer malice.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
i don't even wanna know any of the names behind HHH on that guy's "best mic skills in WWE history" list. i guess if having the mic and talking into it is mic skills, he certainly did that the most, and doing the most of something is in some cases considered the best.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lies, Liv Morgan is cool and good :colbert:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Nobody on the WWE roster, or indeed the Hall of Fame, is better than HHH at giving themselves an endless stream of embarrassingly bad metal dad nicknames

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

i don't even wanna know any of the names behind HHH on that guy's "best mic skills in WWE history" list. i guess if having the mic and talking into it is mic skills, he certainly did that the most, and doing the most of something is in some cases considered the best.

Honestly, I don't think he'd even crack the top 20.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hell I bet I can name 20 WWE people with better mic skills without even trying.

- Steve Austin
- The Rock
- Chris Jericho
- Mick Foley
- Vince McMahon
- Edge
- Christian
- The Usos
- Kofi Kingston
- CM Punk
- Daniel Bryan
- AJ Lee
- Hulk Hogan
- Paul Heyman
- The Miz
- Kevin Owens
- Dean Ambrose
- Kurt Angle
- Eddie Guerrero
- Ric Flair

Easy

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I enjoy Hunter’s promos but even I don’t think he’s a too 25 promo guy that’s crazy. He’s perfectly believable and can be great in moments but fails to make an impact because his promos are too long winded.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
They constantly give him the mic though he must be good.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Not only is he awful on the mic for his experience level, he is legitimately one of the least funny people on TV.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Trips is legit the #1 guy in the business at using nepotism to his advantage but other than that I dunno.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

ICHIBAHN posted:

Not only is he awful on the mic for his experience level, he is legitimately one of the least funny people on TV.

Nah mate doing bits from Waynes world as if you thought them up is dead good.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

To be a top promo guy you just have to ruin the first 20 minutes of a show every week for years

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Still can’t believe they frequently had a single guy drone on for the length of a sitcom to start their wrestling show for years. And that people watched it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Must be something to do with multiple H's. Hulk Hogan used to do lengthy promos at the start of Nitros too. I remember one where it was clear he was losing his voice badly but goddammit he'd somehow found himself the hottest thing in wrestling again and he was gonna get his promo time in!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jerusalem posted:

Must be something to do with multiple H's. Hulk Hogan used to do lengthy promos at the start of Nitros too. I remember one where it was clear he was losing his voice badly but goddammit he'd somehow found himself the hottest thing in wrestling again and he was gonna get his promo time in!

HHH > HH is the kind of petty I would absolutely believe Vince would do.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Gonzo McFee posted:

Nah mate doing bits from Waynes world as if you thought them up is dead good.

He doesn't even deliver the shite very well

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Triple H's only good promo was when he pretended to fly a jet and murder a bunch of people who liked the wrong wrestling company

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

the people that run wrestler RP twitter accounts

I remember there was one who was Twitter RPing Roman Reigns' real life daughter (who was like 5 years old at the time), and responded to all of his tweets in character. That might have been the creepiest thing I've seen on wrestling Twitter.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

OctoberCountry posted:

Triple H's only good promo was when he pretended to fly a jet and murder a bunch of people who liked the wrong wrestling company

I liked the one promo where he told Chyna and Billy Gunn(who'd started calling himself The One) to get all that DX money for him. That was actually pretty badass and honest feeling. Everything else he does is just wink smirk nonsense.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Does black face help or hurt your promo ranking?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

Net negative. Sweet tea tho?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/841892608788041732?s=20

i think about this tweet every time i see a racially insensitive thing on wwe

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

mmm dipshits

https://twitter.com/ronnyelid/status/1256711342381248512

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/MegaTJP/status/1256676541309706241