Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

The Bloop posted:

The middle class are also poor

If you have to work tomorrow or you might die, you're poor

Volcanate the rich

You think that there’s middle class people who might die if they don’t go to work tomorrow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001

beanieson posted:

You think that there’s middle class people who might die if they don’t go to work tomorrow?

Well, no. Tomorrow's Saturday.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

The Bloop posted:

The middle class are also poor

If you have to work tomorrow or you might die, you're poor

Volcanate the rich

So you use the term "poor" the way I use the term "working class", that is, to admit nearly everyone who is always a very small distance away from either starving to death or choosing to steal.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Fine

Working class is poor

Middle class barely exists but politicians pretend it's everybody

No people won't literally drop dead the moment they don't go to work but most people live paycheck to paycheck and still can't afford proper medical care. That is not ideal. That's poor.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
I saw your post and thought, "actually," and then I thought better of it

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Bloop posted:

Fine

Working class is poor

No people won't literally drop dead the moment they don't go to work but most people live paycheck to paycheck and still can't afford proper medical care. That is not ideal. That's poor.

They'll drop dead about three weeks later, one week after their coronavirus symptoms go from mild to life-threatening because they were forced to work. :smith:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They'll drop dead about three weeks later, one week after their coronavirus symptoms go from mild to life-threatening because they were forced to work. :smith:

Best avatar/post combo of the day

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

The Bloop posted:

Fine

Working class is poor

If we don't have a common language, we can't communicate.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

America always has such interesting presidents.

They even get to have fun husband and wife combos.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

gleebster posted:

If we don't have a common language, we can't communicate.

Which is why the media and other rich want you to think everyone is middle class

So we won't communicate with each other and start building guillotines

Yes, there are degrees of poor, obviously

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I’m not poor, I have a refrigerator

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

oldpainless posted:

I’m not poor, I have a refrigerator

More like old classless

You food chilling bastard

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

BrigadierSensible posted:

They even get to have fun husband and wife combos.

It’s weird to think Nixon was Robocop and Nancy watched the A-Team.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

The Bloop posted:

The rich are full of heavy metals and pharmaceuticals.

Just dump them into a volcano

but thats where the incels go. im gonna need some other place to send the rich to die maybe some type of walled area or a nice open park with some type of rich killing machine

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

snergle posted:

but thats where the incels go. im gonna need some other place to send the rich to die maybe some type of walled area or a nice open park with some type of rich killing machine

https://twitter.com/FrontGreen/status/1217565916843606018

but put some cameras in so we can watch their descent into madness and cannibalism

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Trump does the same thing basically.

I'm the ugly plant.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'm the ugly plant.

which one?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
All plants are beautiful

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

All plants are beautiful

Except the fat ones, obviously.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

...Except JUMPING OFF A CLIFF AAAAAAA

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

listen, i'm an expert on this:

it's not good to think your thoughts will kill you. that's just... not going to help.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Ghost Leviathan posted:

All plants are beautiful

I'm willing to bet they're synthetic. Trump strikes me as the kind of person who would hate to have a living plant freeloading off of his exhalations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nuebot posted:

I'm willing to bet they're synthetic. Trump strikes me as the kind of person who would hate to have a living plant freeloading off of his exhalations.

So if oxygen is good why dont we, couldn't we perhaps put a plant inside a person's lungs. Maybe that's something we should be looking at.

Next day: twenty people die of inhaling shrubbery. POTUS claims it was a "Demonrat hoax"

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

BrigadierSensible posted:

Meanwhile, in Sweden

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

ruddiger posted:

It’s weird to think Nixon was Robocop and Nancy watched the A-Team.

It's a show about extrajudicial military action thats supposed to be seen as good. Why would you think the Reagans wouldn't like the A-team?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

beanieson posted:

The lol is believing a middle class still exists.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

"A man walks down the street in that hat? People know he's not afraid of anything."

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

aardwolf posted:

"A man walks down the street in that hat? People know he's not afraid of anything."
Except hunters, maybe

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Antigravitas posted:

Meanwhile, in Sweden

Never thought I'd see Hälge cosplay on SA.

By a king.

Or in general, really.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Well

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Dixville posted:

...Except JUMPING OFF A CLIFF AAAAAAA

A thesis by Dr. W.E. Coyote.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The Bloop posted:

Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man

Every single thing about him

That's the problem with "he's rich so why did the poor vote for him??" regardless of whether or not it's true. Social class also has a cultural component, and Trump gleefully shits all over respectable upper-class etiquette. He does not have the value preferences and sense of aesthetics that you're supposed to have in that position, and it goes beyond Bush Jr's superficial cowboy persona. It actually appears to be how he is. He likes his steak well-done, indulges in conspicuous consumption, says indecorous things, serves McDonald's at official functions, likes tacky nouveau riche pseudo-Versailles interiors, and so on. All of those subtle and not-so-subtle social shibboleths and signifiers, he just does not care. He doesn't even seem to be aware of them.

All of the bad things people say about him are true, but I've never had a problem understanding his populist appeal.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

It's also a common mistake to think Trump won the working class. He barely did. He won the upper classes to a much more significant degree.

It's an irksome liberal habit to frame fascists' appeal as something for the working class because hurf durf we are smart enough to see through the smokescreens but the fact is that most fascist voters know precisely what they are voting for. The true elephant in the room is the craven media-industrial complex that enables the rise of fascists by letting them dictate the terms of the public conversation.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Phlegmish posted:

That's the problem with "he's rich so why did the poor vote for him??" regardless of whether or not it's true. Social class also has a cultural component, and Trump gleefully shits all over respectable upper-class etiquette. He does not have the value preferences and sense of aesthetics that you're supposed to have in that position, and it goes beyond Bush Jr's superficial cowboy persona. It actually appears to be how he is. He likes his steak well-done, indulges in conspicuous consumption, says indecorous things, serves McDonald's at official functions, likes tacky nouveau riche pseudo-Versailles interiors, and so on. All of those subtle and not-so-subtle social shibboleths and signifiers, he just does not care. He doesn't even seem to be aware of them.

All of the bad things people say about him are true, but I've never had a problem understanding his populist appeal.

By supporting him poor people (and probably more so the disaffected middle class) can feel like they're sticking it to rich people. He's their anti-snootiness weapon.

It's all of a piece with the mindset that says "all politics is corrupt, just roll an orange grenade into Washington"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

call center manager posted:

The true elephant in the room is the craven media-industrial complex that enables the rise of fascists by letting them dictate the terms of the public conversation.
:hmmyes:

People shouldn't spit wisdom like that in the Funny Pictures thread.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

mind the walrus posted:

:hmmyes:

People shouldn't spit wisdom like that in the Funny Pictures thread.

you joke but of course entire qcs threads and subforum rules have been dedicated to similar propositions

...wait, what subforum is this? oh god. oh god! i'm sorry! i didn't mean it! noooooo

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
:nws: https://i.imgur.com/1pjpJOz.png

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Plausible, but I suspect it's a forgery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

you know, if someone had forced me at gunpoint to rate the Pixar movies by horny level, never would I have put A Bug's Life even in the top five but here we are, keeping Austin weird and whatnot