Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Can't put the air conditioner in until Memorial Day so I'm spritzing my face with a spray bottled filled with ice water like the fat little orchid I am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

If I've done this correctly, this link should take you to the internet archive page for the Marx Brothers' film Horse Feathers, from 1932. If you're up for watching some unexpectedly charming weirdos from almost a century ago bop around the realms of college and football, having fun and leaving chaos in their wake, this just might suit your tastes pretty well

e: they have Monkey Business too, hell yeah

SatansOnion fucked around with this message at 01:57 on May 2, 2020

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

the collector's edition statue is a woman this time and gamers are really mad about it. i'm not endorsing the purchase since ubisoft is a horrible company just like 100% of publicly traded companies and 99.99% of all companies. But if you were going to buy the game anyway and you have a lot of money or you're dumb or collect pretty much anything or any other reason, then go hog wild with this information, and perhaps use social media to exclaim your excitement about the cheap little tiny statue being a lady

i have to edit this post to clarify that i am not saying any of the above directly to jerusalem but using their post as a jumping off point about the subject

Gamers are seriously gross and hate women more than anyone on earth. I have no idea how the culture got so bad so quickly. I play a ton of games but am also diametrically opposed to everything the typical "gamer" does, thinks, or likes.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

bradzilla posted:

$25 seems a little steep for a game that is presumably 1-2 hours with little replay value. What's your take?

I'm insanely biased and have been waiting for this game for 25 years and would have paid $125 for it, but I would agree with most reviews in saying that it rips. The main game is around two hours, yeah, but to unlock all the extra characters requires you to best it on multiple difficultly levels, both alone and in co-op, and learn the fighting styles of the whole roster so there's plenty of replay value for me.

The soundtrack is the best game soundtrack of the year as well. Just a perfectly crafted love letter to fans of the series and the series itself.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SatansOnion posted:

If I've done this correctly, this link should take you to the internet archive page for the Marx Brothers' film Horse Feathers, from 1932. If you're up for watching some unexpectedly charming weirdos from almost a century ago bop around the realms of college and football, having fun and leaving chaos in their wake, this just might suit your tastes pretty well

This movie loving rules, as do almost all of the Marx Brothers' films :hellyeah:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

SatansOnion posted:

e: they have Monkey Business too, hell yeah

Horse Feathers is probably my favorite Marx Brothers film. :)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

is woody allen one of the marx brothers?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just watched Knives Out lol holy poo poo gently caress that family except Meg she's cool.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Cavauro posted:

is woody allen one of the marx brothers?

He wishes

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

groucho and woody allen were penpals for quite a long time, and throughout the entire exchange, groucho referred to him as "WW". he never once told woody allen what "WW" stood for. But it stood for wittle wiener. he hated woody allen with a burning passion and just about everything he ever said in any of his letters was complete sarcasm which woody took at face value as his dimwitted nature would foretell.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm Wittle Wiener

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

let's roleplay that jerusalem posted next and said "Hi, Seth!" and everyone quoted it for several pages

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

then i got secret access to the moderator forum

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

NienNunb posted:

I'm Wittle Wiener

This isn't the horny thread

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Shard posted:

Just watched Knives Out lol holy poo poo gently caress that family except Meg she's cool.

I just checked this one out too and loved it, my partner guessed the killer in the first few minutes I was impressed because I thought the twists were well done.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I’ve bought a few games on Origin, Epic, Bethesda and so on only because I don’t pay enough attention on GreenManGaming or whenever when I buy the thing for a discount.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Horse Feathers is probably my favorite Marx Brothers film. :)

A Night at the Opera here. Depending on when you catch me, it's my favorite comedy of all time (sometimes it's Clue, sometimes it's Hot Fuzz, sometimes it's Airplane!).

I also enjoy Brain Donors just to see John Turturro channeling Groucho.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so this week in my quest to decolonize myself I flipped on telesur and watched a decentish 30 minutes bit about Cuba's involvement in the liberation of Angola. Lotta secondary and tertiary source references set off my bullshit alarm but the idea of sending a battalion with mechanized elements to defeat apartheid sounds badass. I wish they talked more about how they got poo poo there because that's a huge story they glossed over. You don't just throw a bunch of weapons poo poo onto rando boats, send it across international waters without incident.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

coconono posted:

so this week in my quest to decolonize myself I flipped on telesur and watched a decentish 30 minutes bit about Cuba's involvement in the liberation of Angola. Lotta secondary and tertiary source references set off my bullshit alarm but the idea of sending a battalion with mechanized elements to defeat apartheid sounds badass. I wish they talked more about how they got poo poo there because that's a huge story they glossed over. You don't just throw a bunch of weapons poo poo onto rando boats, send it across international waters without incident.

According to Wikipedia it was a mix of an aging fleet of 3 planes and commandeering their merchant marine to move equipment and troops.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

watchin an old soviet horror film bases on russian folklore. this old crone is tryna smash. def got the gently caress me eyes

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Bluedeanie posted:

watchin an old soviet horror film bases on russian folklore. this old crone is tryna smash. def got the gently caress me eyes

I am baba yaga.

What movie are you watching?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Brut posted:

I am baba yaga.

What movie are you watching?

Its called Viy. Its the dub and the dub is not good and its got overlays of the youtube uploader trying to dodge a copyright pull and the uploader puts really unfunny jokes and graphics all the time, and its not very scary. but its interesting and had good makeup and effects for the time

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Bluedeanie posted:

Its called Viy. Its the dub and the dub is not good and its got overlays of the youtube uploader trying to dodge a copyright pull and the uploader puts really unfunny jokes and graphics all the time, and its not very scary. but its interesting and had good makeup and effects for the time

1909, 1967 or 2014?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

imagine knowing what year it is

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if it opens back up and no one mentions anything, please find out why the knives out thread in cined was closed for a while. if it is already clear somewhere then inform me of it. if the reason becomes clear to all after this post then ignore this post. i must learn all of the gossip around the boards, one way or another, if i am to be promoted to a member of high standing.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 07:00 on May 2, 2020

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Eat My Fuc posted:

Gamers are seriously gross and hate women more than anyone on earth. I have no idea how the culture got so bad so quickly. I play a ton of games but am also diametrically opposed to everything the typical "gamer" does, thinks, or likes.

My theory is that historically gaming is something that the socially maladroit did. People who grew up with bad social skills tended to be socially isolated and/or have bad formative experiences with girls/women. Any resentment/hostility that lurked within them became manifest when, again the internet brought people together and 'gamers' could indulge their worst impulses with each other instead of growing as people. And by the time the younger, maybe not quite as socially inept, group joined the discussion the culture was already toxic and people either mired themselves in it or disengaged with it. Also gaming is a big thing for people with the tendency to hyperfixate. Hyperfixation leads to obsession, obsession leads to extreme defensiveness and hostility. Also probably having negative interactions with the opposite sex in one's formative years.

And...I get it. I know it. I feel it in my bones. I've shared my story before and I would be lying if I told you I felt no resentment or anger in me. It could be very easy for me to slip into "Gamer"-dom or Inceldom. But I don't. Because that's all bullshit. Yeah I have a lot of negative experiences in my youth and almost no positive experiences to balance them out. But letting those experiences dictate how you treat everybody is bullshit. They're not the ones that insulted you or hurt you. Even the people who insulted and hurt you arn't the people who insulted and hurt you. They were dumb kids. You were probably a dumb kid too, you probably don't realize how dumb you were because my the time you knew better you were too old to remember half the dumb poo poo you did. Or you're just a dumb adult. You're keeping the whole loving class after school because one dipshit drew a penis on the blackboard. And guess what, that doesn't just hurt all the innocent people whose time you're wasting, you're wasting your own time too. Get therapy, get perspective and try to learn how to love and forgive. If not for their sake, but for yours.

(You're still allowed to hate the capitalist monsters who are doing their best to turn this world into an endless gilded age and the people who go out of their way to enable them).

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
It's not gamers, it's people that communicate through non-face-to-face means, being stuck in a game with people is what makes you have to stop and listen to them for any amount of time. These people were on IRC, they were on BBS/usenet, they were in AOL chatrooms and Yahoo boards and...you get the idea.

Some people have trouble learning how to communicate with other human beings, or even acknowledge others as human beings, when they're not literally staring at their faces.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this will be an update on my previous post. I believe i understand what has happened and I'm not longer asking for assistance.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Capitalism has developed such a genuine amount of fear and stress that working on yourself and developing atrophied muscles of compassion and acceptance and forgiveness is almost like, idk, deciding that skiing is your new hobby if you live in Arizona. It’s not impossible but it’s just loving foreign; spiritual sickness takes over minds and doesn’t want to be cured because that means pretty much wiping it out, and it wants to live like anything else. It is very sad that so many people can’t even get past the ideology of hate that they’ve developed; it feels nicer when you don’t!

Joke time.

I want to make a horror movie about a Eastern European witch who is reincarnated as a fitness instructor and eats men alive after seducing them. It will be called...

Baba Yoga

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Captain Magic posted:

I want to make a horror movie about a Eastern European witch who is reincarnated as a fitness instructor and eats men alive after seducing them. It will be called...

Baba Yoga

After I finish my current story, let's you and I have a talk...

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/Sherndon226/status/1256592486958534656?s=19

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

I'd comment but I don't want to get smacked with a sixer.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It's all that gatdang gamer fuel they drink. Rots their brains from the inside out, makes them nazis.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

One Piece status:still really good

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

CobiWann posted:

I'd comment but I don't want to get smacked with a sixer.

*JRU LOOKS ON INTENSELY OVER YOUR SHOULDER.*

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The hosed up part is that ill probate you if you arent horny enough

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

FIGHT ISLAND > Drew McIntyre's Official General Thread 2: Trapped Between A Rock And A Horny Place

i just got past the plate drop in FF7R :smith:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

A little bit of horny can be spicy fun but I think collectively we all got carried away with the horny and maybe we should rest it for a short while. Maybe we try chatting about wrestling, see how that goes

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

We all did what we thought was right in The Horny War, but now is the time for peace & reconciliation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i was sent an email that told me to get my daily dose of vitamin cheese, with the cheese being represented by an emoji of a wedge of cheese. Thought i should share that on here as well as facebook for coverage and the chance Of going viral. i wanna star in a netflix series. do your thing SA!