Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Take me anywhere but this place where my life has been saved!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Johnny Walker posted:

Take me anywhere but this place where my life has been saved!

Hospital food, amirite?

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

He's talking to a deranged superhuman who decided within two panels of meeting him that he was his new son to replace his old son who came from space and was dressed like a raccoon. He's going to agree with anything Spider-man says until he's a safe distance from him.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lmao, he was reluctant to fight back because they'd know he has super powers. this was a very realistic concern, because he then immediately demonstrated that he absolutely does have super powers instead of just like, punching them.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Aw geez, gonna have to subdue Aunt May as well!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MorningMoon posted:

They know he only has 2 dollars, so they probably already think its spiderman.

Mugger: Glad to see you're doing better financially, Spider-Man :unsmith:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jerusalem posted:

Mugger: Glad to see you're doing better financially, Spider-Man :unsmith:

I would read the hell out of a comic where a group gets together to get beaten up by a superhero who is having a hard time just to give them a win.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Push El Burrito posted:

I would read the hell out of a comic where a group gets together to get beaten up by a superhero who is having a hard time just to give them a win.

It would be the reverse of that one where Peter took up a collection so Rhino could afford not to do crimes.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Lobok posted:

Aw geez, gonna have to subdue Aunt May as well!

*bends Aunt May into a U* it's the New Year, blue eyes!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"So you aren't polluting the oceans?"
"Oh, well yes we're doing that. But other than that, we're great!"

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
All atlanteans must look absolutely dashing when facing the camera

second panel is just normal look

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Bruceski posted:

It would be the reverse of that one where Peter took up a collection so Rhino could afford not to do crimes.

There's a great Squirrel Girl where she's battling The Hippo and halfway through the fight she finds out why he's robbing a bank and is all "drat that's actually a pretty serious injustice, let me help find you a job!" And indeed she does.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Johnny Walker posted:

"So you aren't polluting the oceans?"
"Oh, well yes we're doing that. But other than that, we're great!"

That's soem acutely painful perspective on that left window.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Just going to enter the museum while talking out loud about stealing their diamonds, NBD.

Use your thought bubbles, Peter!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ok first things first, gotta ruin Aunt May's day obvs. If I can also screw over the entire museum and all its patrons at the same time, even better.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"I had to...uh...there's a bomb!"
"A bomb? Come on, show me where!"
~How will I get away from him to put the gem back now!~
"Sure! Come on, it's-it's in this closet here!"

*Leads him to the closet and locks him in*

"Hey!"
"Sorry, I closed the door b-by accident. I'll go find the key. Be right back!"
~Whew! Now to return that stone!~

"Hello? Fire Department! You need to evacuate the building, sir!"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
1 hour to close?? Why would you go then, May? And Peter, at that point youre best off waiting behind a trashcan outside and switch to spidey to return the thing the same way you took it.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Peter's next move will be to start a fire, so the guy believes he did it for a good reason.

Headline: Museum burns down, Famous Diamond found unharmed in ashes. "We must've put it away by mistake" says museum.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Batman has that one, great story Gotham by Gaslight but it was just one story. Pathetic. He can't compare to Spider-Man, who gaslights everybody in every story.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Immediately thought of this, its tradition that Peter can't think on the spot, it seems

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

This storyline doesn't even have an antagonist, it's just Peter vs. his own increasingly awful decisions.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

This storyline doesn't even have an antagonist, it's just Peter vs. his own increasingly awful decisions.

This is what makes Newspaper Spider-Man so uniquely good.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

What are you talking about? The fence that didn't immediately hand Spider-Man a giant bag with a dollar sign on it and then lovingly place the artifact in a museum is clearly the villain of this story!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I think this nails why it's my favorite arc so far. There's a lot of insanely great moments in NSM, like the current running one with Spidey's dumb reactions to Namor and the military, or him fighting that spider-sized-spider, the arbiter or whatever his name is deciding to simply drop on top of pete. NSM has this thing where he's so dumb, his enemies practically seem in the right, but when you take even that away, it's dispersed into NSM being so dumb he is wrong in attempting to exist in society itself. It's delightful.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

God drat that security guard must be superhuman vision if he can detect lightning-fast movements.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

MorningMoon posted:

I think this nails why it's my favorite arc so far. There's a lot of insanely great moments in NSM, like the current running one with Spidey's dumb reactions to Namor and the military, or him fighting that spider-sized-spider, the arbiter or whatever his name is deciding to simply drop on top of pete. NSM has this thing where he's so dumb, his enemies practically seem in the right, but when you take even that away, it's dispersed into NSM being so dumb he is wrong in attempting to exist in society itself. It's delightful.

Tiny Spidey fighting the spider-sized-spider is my favorite single panel of this dumb comic. It’s glorious

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Jesus, Spider-Man. Just tell May you need to go to the bathroom!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

MorningMoon posted:

The proportional social grace of a spider.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

The proportional social grace of a spider.
*Stands stock-still for six hours twiddling his mandibles before pouncing on a piece of lint moving near him and biting it, thinking it's a smaller Spider-man.*

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ConfusedUs posted:

Tiny Spidey fighting the spider-sized-spider is my favorite single panel of this dumb comic. It’s glorious

Hank Pym's utterly exhausted and somehow sorrowful expression at that moment was loving incredible :allears:

Plus of course the story ends with Hank and JJJ stealing Spidey's rented car, so he and Scott have to take the subway back home :laugh:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Now that i think about it, the reruns should hit that strip around March. Itd be incredible if it landed on the 2nd anniversary of the strip's end.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Jerusalem posted:

Hank Pym's utterly exhausted and somehow sorrowful expression at that moment was loving incredible :allears:

Yes! It’s that expression that gets me every time.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Once again, Spider-Man fails to plan more than 5 seconds ahead.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
It's going to turn out Spider-Man set the museum on fire isn't it?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

drat bureaucrats! Getting in the way of my freedom to uncrime! :arghfist::spidey:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MJ is loving furious at the idea her husband is a layabout... those abs don't stay pristine without plenty of exercise!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Jonah doesn't get slapped nearly as often as his behavior deserves.