Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

remember that time Candice Owens praised Hitler for his nationalism (but he erred on wanting things outside that. oops)

https://twitter.com/jordanuhl/status/1115659588701962240

I'm sure she has some fantastic thoughts on how to proceed with public health policy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

euphronius posted:

also the USA is probably the most ideologically corrupt place on earth

the ideology here is terrible

it's some real psycho poo poo!!! and it's all laid bare right now, baby. covid has thrown the face of the country into sharp relief and it's ugly as gently caress lol

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

COVID-420 posted:

poor people in India literally wall off their villages and threaten outsiders with sharpened sticks because they don't want corona

poor people in america threaten (also poor) grocery store workers with violence because they are wearing a mask

This has not been my actual experience, I see everyone wearing masks everywhere there's other people and people being supportive and compliant. There's all sorts of stories of quiet heroism and respect that, in a normal functioning government, we'd be hearing about every day; like how Cuomo read that letter about the dude who donated a mask. Instead, we hear about a few lovely, lovely assholes that are being shoved into prominence because the only move Trump has, and thus the only move the right wing has, is to make everything into a culture war and start fights.

Most people don't do it, even if they vote republican. Even if they support Trump. But the people who do we hear about.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Strep Vote posted:

it's some real psycho poo poo!!! and it's all laid bare right now, baby. covid has thrown the face of the country into sharp relief and it's ugly as gently caress lol

it really is a stark criticism of modern Christianity that a country could be so immoral

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

the USA is literally the worst country in the world

wrong. America is the best country in the nation.

get a brain moran

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

question: since pharma companies have spent the last 50 years making it crystal clear that there's zero different between physical and intellectual property, is there anything keeping the feds from declaring any vaccine theirs through eminent domain

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
oh poo poo! i just accidentally prayed for the ones in the control group! now they have to start all over! sorry tax payers! MY B!

mystes
May 31, 2006

zegermans posted:

question: since pharma companies have spent the last 50 years making it crystal clear that there's zero different between physical and intellectual property, is there anything keeping the feds from declaring any vaccine theirs through eminent domain
The government already explicitly has the power to do stuff like this under multiple laws.

Edit: See https://news.bloomberglaw.com/pharma-and-life-sciences/government-may-have-ownership-or-rights-to-coronavirus-vaccines

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

poty posted:

https://twitter.com/ByMikeBaker/status/1256601113605705733

who wants to go outside for some baskin robbins

fun fact, the only reason we have starlings in the US is because some idiot in the 1700s wanted the US to have every bird mentioned in Shakespeare to live here, so he imported like a dozen.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

smarxist posted:

it rules how reactionaries already have their narrative and it's basically air tight; despite photos of mass graves being dug, they're just saying that liberal governments are running up the death tallies and that the corona deaths are actually way way lower. i can't think of any effective way to counter it with information, so it's just going to have to be an endless process of reopening "safely" and then mass deaths

just ask them if they'd write DNR on their chest if they ever need to get treated for "the flu" at the local hospital. if they think the deaths are fake then they have no worry about needing to get resuscitated

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

mystes posted:

The government already explicitly has the power to do stuff like this under multiple laws.

oh sweet that's gonna rule when they don't do it

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/GraceDickinson/status/1256648737272803332

mystes
May 31, 2006

zegermans posted:

oh sweet that's gonna rule when they don't do it
Yeah, they definitely won't.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

euphronius posted:

it really is a stark criticism of modern Christianity that a country could be so immoral

mixing christianity with empire building definitely does some hosed up poo poo to a national psyche

also establishing a country on FREEDOM (to enslave and dehumanize other people for profit) will screw things up too

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

the problem with rural spread that's going to kick off now isn't just that proximity to major population centers is considerably lessened as a safety factor by the fact that they all have to go to the same couple stores to shop or eat out, it's also that they have zero loving hospitals because rural hospitals aren't profitable

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

the problem with rural spread that's going to kick off now isn't just that proximity to major population centers is considerably lessened as a safety factor by the fact that they all have to go to the same couple stores to shop or eat out, it's also that they have zero loving hospitals because rural hospitals aren't profitable

yeah so they have nobody to count the bodies so who's going to even notice

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Strep Vote posted:

mixing christianity with empire building definitely does some hosed up poo poo to a national psyche

also establishing a country on FREEDOM (to enslave and dehumanize other people for profit) will screw things up too

yeah

the ideology of “freedom” is completely hosed up

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

yeah so they have nobody to count the bodies so who's going to even notice

just pretending it's not happening in the official records is already the go-to

iirc the "official" death toll from Maria is still in the single digits because they only counted people directly killed by the wind of the hurricane

we're gonna have ~80k deaths total and a spike of like 2 million in excess mortality even factoring in the fewer car accidents

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

Grondoth posted:

This has not been my actual experience, I see everyone wearing masks everywhere there's other people and people being supportive and compliant. There's all sorts of stories of quiet heroism and respect that, in a normal functioning government, we'd be hearing about every day; like how Cuomo read that letter about the dude who donated a mask. Instead, we hear about a few lovely, lovely assholes that are being shoved into prominence because the only move Trump has, and thus the only move the right wing has, is to make everything into a culture war and start fights.

Most people don't do it, even if they vote republican. Even if they support Trump. But the people who do we hear about.

completely false, these "few lovely assholes" are literally affecting policy for entire towns, entire states, for millions of people

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/1256572085507362821

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
maybe there's only a few of them but they have guns and they're in control because (and correct me if i'm wrong here) trump is president

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

i have no words

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Was this Trump's idea?

pretty sure

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I can't wait for the rona vaccine that only lasts between paychecks

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

i for one am glad trump finally got his inauguration crowd

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

COVID-420 posted:

completely false, these "few lovely assholes" are literally affecting policy for entire towns, entire states, for millions of people

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/1256572085507362821

I never said otherwise, I'm saying that most people aren't them. We're being dragged along to death because of these people because one of them is president

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

euphronius posted:

yeah

the ideology of “freedom” is completely hosed up

it's so funny, it's just right out in the open. it's the freedom to force your racial/class inferiors to wait on your flabby white rear end

paint my nails, slave. clean my house. cook my meals. raise my kids for me. we have a whole country based on having a permanent underclass to serve the elite, fight their resource wars, and maintain their grifts and businesses, except that fact must be obfuscated by everyone technically having the freedom to do it, too, if you can be psycho enough to break into the oligarch club. crabs in a bucket struggling to climb out and be the cook. it's sick.

Strep Vote has issued a correction as of 20:38 on May 2, 2020

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

COVID-420 posted:

maybe there's only a few of them but they have guns and they're in control because (and correct me if i'm wrong here) trump is president
oh man, i gotta read that murder hornet story now

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I drove past a Starbucks in NJ that had police directing traffic

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

America just never got that whole slavery thing out of it's head

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
anyway death to capitalism

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

if Covid was real it would’ve already affected one of the many old dudes in politics, but I see everyone is just fine

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

fdr was really hosed up and the new deal was ... bad overall but at least he was eloquent enough to promote positive freedoms

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

where are you getting 2900 dead for may 1st?

I see 1800 on most sites

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

yeah i reckon cdc announcements are several days delayed compared to worldometers data

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

The Grimace posted:

i have no words

probably because you haven’t cut a talkie-hole out of your mask, you should get on that

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

if Covid was real it would’ve already affected one of the many old dudes in politics, but I see everyone is just fine

money is immune to coughing pal

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

zegermans posted:

The main thing preventing this is that the people in government with the power to do this are all shareholders and investors with a personal interest in getting rich by not doing this

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!
the dta crowd never thought americans who do it themselves

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

it’s going to get so bad in less populated places soon I wonder what the excuse will be then

We went trail riding today and drove to an isolated trailhead. Rolled into beautiful connellsville PA and they’re literally having a parade with fire trucks and sirens and no social distancing at all, very few masks. This is a big stop in the great Allegheny passage. Completely insane.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

way to go, van gogh

Fun fact, Gauguin likely cut Van Gogh's ear off and then told everyone he did it to himself. Original police reports had Van Gogh accuse Gauguin of cutting it off with a sword after one of their frequent arguments.

Imagine owning someone so hard it echos down through history and becomes the only thing people know of that person.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

very cool, my friend and her husband both tested positive for covid this morning. and their 5 month old has a cough. gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

We went trail riding today and drove to an isolated trailhead. Rolled into beautiful connellsville PA and they’re literally having a parade with fire trucks and sirens and no social distancing at all, very few masks. This is a big stop in the great Allegheny passage. Completely insane.

I’ve said this before but neighbors that like never went out or did anything but be retired before this are making it a point to have friends over and go out all the time and are posting proudly about it on next door. a pickup with trump flags was going around the neighborhood honking today