Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Nhilist posted:

Did Ribs

dem ribs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segue
May 23, 2007

First dinner on the balcony with some fridge leftovers: curried mushroom toast and stirfry green beans.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
sirloin tip steak, (frozen) tots, broccoli

steak marinade overnight in Worcestershire, tamari, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, pepper, and garlic

served with garlic parsley butter

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Since the title is “Post Nood(les)” I figured I should post this. My one month since a trip to the grocery store attempt to make udon noodles. Ok, second attempt. First got contaminated with rancid chicken water. (Don’t ask)

They’re tasty, taste like how I remember udon tasting. Go well with everything I’ve added them to.

Also I made cookies.
I suppose they’ll be for dinner if they last that long.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

CaptainCrunch posted:

First got contaminated with rancid chicken water. (Don’t ask)

Can't help it. Gotta know.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Resting Lich Face posted:

Can't help it. Gotta know.

Was doing the thing where you put the dough in a plastic bag and step on it to knead it.
The bag was one I used to defrost chicken, somehow didn’t toss it, had a small pool of fluids. When I pulled the dough out it... reeked. To be kind.

I blame the bourbon.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

CaptainCrunch posted:

I blame the bourbon.

Ahhhhh. Drunk. The best and worst way to cook. :thumbsup:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

CaptainCrunch posted:

step on it to knead it.

I'm not one to kink-shame, but uh

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
More pizzas in the Ooni tonight

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

large hands posted:

More pizzas in the Ooni tonight

I am so loving jealous you've got one of those.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I’ve been posting a lot of pizzas, so tonight I made a steak...

... then put it on a pizza.

I was tired of being in the kitchen, so I just threw some Tony Chachere on the steak and cast-ironed it. I should have just sealed the seasoning on and called it a day, or cut the steak a bit thicker, because it’s gray all the way through, now. Tastes good, though.

Garlic and olive oil sauce, grated Parmesan-Romano cheese, shredded mozzarella and provolone, mushrooms, red pepper flakes, and minced red chilis.

It doesn’t look quite this black in person, but I do like the crust well done when I know it’s going to take me more than one night to eat it.

Large hands’ pies look really good, so I might do a hand-tossed round one, next. I have some round pizza pans on the way.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I was tired of being in the kitchen, so I just threw some Tony Chachere on the steak and cast-ironed it. I should have just sealed the seasoning on and called it a day, or cut the steak a bit thicker, because it’s gray all the way through, now. Tastes good, though.

Garlic and olive oil sauce, grated Parmesan-Romano cheese, shredded mozzarella and provolone, mushrooms, red pepper flakes, and minced red chilis.

It doesn’t look quite this black in person, but I do like the crust well done when I know it’s going to take me more than one night to eat it.

Large hands’ pies look really good, so I might do a hand-tossed round one, next. I have some round pizza pans on the way.

:peanut:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Whole wheat penne with tilapia, spinach and tomato in (my first ever!) white wine sauce. Parsley and parm on top.

Thoht
Aug 3, 2006

BrianBoitano posted:

I'm not one to kink-shame, but uh

It's a thing.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Bean and cheese pupusas

Nhilist
Jul 29, 2004
I like it quiet in here

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Well...this is embarrassing that I have to admit to...but where in the hell was my brain for not putting steak on my pizzas! Seriously, I have been known to put everything AND the kitchen sink on my pies, whelp guess what is going down tomorrow. p.s looks awesome!

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
Barbecue night.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Big flavours and easy cooking for tonight's supper ..

Juicy salmon brushed with a soy and treacle marinade for a nice, rich sweet, umami flavour bomb...

Served up with some simple fresh vegetables stir fried, tossed through with my favourite laoganma crispy chilli oil and the whole thing sprinkled with sea salt and black sesame to finish.

Really quick, easy, but superbly tasty - salmon and treacle is a real delight! The deep sweetness and molasses flavour is really complimentary to the fish. And it's a pretty healthy dish too!

Nhilist
Jul 29, 2004
I like it quiet in here

Stringent posted:

Barbecue night.

Wooo all looks awesome but those beans, little piece of beauty.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Resting Lich Face posted:

I am so loving jealous you've got one of those.

:same:

This past week I did gochujang roast chicken, Saturday's nice weather turned into a ribeye on the grill with every veggie I could roast. Today is going to be jambalaya to get through all my leftovers, and then the rest of the week we're going vegetarian to make up for all of the poo poo we put our bodies through. Throwing a few whole chicken in the freezer, though, just in case there is a shortage later.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

rate my wrap technique vs my wife's

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

BrianBoitano posted:

rate my wrap technique vs my wife's

The second one is the wrap of an instagrammer. The first one is the wrap of someone who knows how to eat.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
seared tuna bowls! served w/ spicy mayo & a lil soy

grouper nuggets! served w/ kewpie mayo

last night, since we had both leftover tuna AND leftover steak AND leftover jasmine rice, we made leftover surf & turf fried rice bowls

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

kumba posted:

last night, since we had both leftover tuna AND leftover steak AND leftover jasmine rice, we made leftover surf & turf fried rice bowls

Leftover game on point! :swoon:

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Oh man I want tataki now

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

kumba posted:

seared tuna bowls! served w/ spicy mayo & a lil soy

grouper nuggets! served w/ kewpie mayo

I want all of this. drat.

I made this for tonight's supper... Fancied a pie, but also fancied Indian food, so I went fusion.

Chicken, mushroom and saag curry pie, rich with cream, mustard and fenugreek, puff lid finished with nigella and sesame, served with some spiced roast potatoes and onion.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Accidentally bought way too much spinach. We just weren’t using it fast enough so I said gently caress it and made a spinach, tomato, tofu “paneer” curry.

Wife whipped up some gluten free naan, which is so good you could really mistake it for regular naan.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

it's tofu time, boys

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
baked ziti macaroni cavatappi

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Grand Fromage posted:

it's tofu time, boys

Looks good, what’s the deal?

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Looks like Gochuchang, hoi sin and black peppercorns.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Just noticed I had both tofu and ground beef so a basic mapo tofu.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

We burged.

Mine was a 2x2 with Canadian bacon, dukes, ketchup, white onion, lettuce.

GF's (not pictured) had a 2x2, mayo, yellow mustard, ketchup, dill chips, picked red onion, lettuce.

And still pink...

toplitzin fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 5, 2020

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
OK, I’m back. Would you believe that this time I did not make a pizza?

Of course you woudn’t, because you are not stupid.

Dough, cheese. So much cheese.

Mushrooms, (turkey) pepperoni.

Another layer of dough (not pictured, oops), sauce. I had feta, so I used feta, even though it wasn’t particularly a feta type of pie.

The feta was racing the crust, and starting to blacken, so I chickened out and pulled the pie too early. Because the dough wasn’t as firm as it should have been, I made a bit of a mess pulling it out of the pan. You can see that the sauce and feta are slopped around in a bit of disarray. It tastes good, though.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Here, have some Nood(les)

I made Cacio e Pepe.

it was as good as the good one I had in Rome I reckon :catholic:

also pictured, focaccia, roast veg medley and some kind of italian version of nasu dengaku I'm working on

I also did paella the other day

and sourdough-doughnuts

Nhilist
Jul 29, 2004
I like it quiet in here

slothrop posted:

I also did paella the other day

Paella with citrus...apparently my head has been up my rear end for all of these years, looks fantastic.

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp
Vietnamese mango salad with homemade beef jerky...didn't have any peanuts in the house, so I used hazelnuts instead

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Breakfast!

Eggs, Canadian bacon, pepper jack, potato bun.
Yellowbird hot sauce.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
I'm jelly of some of your guys' photography skills. Everything looks so nice and professional. The lighting in this house sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

sterster posted:

I'm jelly of some of your guys' photography skills. Everything looks so nice and professional. The lighting in this house sucks.

My pics suck but my food is good. Better than the alternative. I mean yeah BOTH being good would be nice but that'd require a much less lovely camera phone.