Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

I think people should jump through hoops for free games if they feel like it and not do it if they don't feel like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
How dare you

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

It certainly is a :siren:hot take:siren:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

PJOmega posted:

I'm amazed that it's somehow more toxic than the magic the gathering thread.

Companions are thé 2FA of the magic world.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Just shut the gently caress up you stupid nerds, Jesus Christ

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Fuzz posted:

I love how everyone is butthurt about 2FA on EGS but 90% of you assholes use SteamGuard and have no issue with it.

Powerfully on-brand post

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Should I play 1FA before staring 2FA? I don't want to miss out on any of the plot. Didn't it go F2P at some point?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
1FA was considered good for a long time but now looking back it was obviously flawed.

Just go straight to 2FA.
When you get to choose a class, I wouldn't go for email or SMS. They are traps for new players.
TOTP is the best if you can be bothered to setup the combo correctly.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

~Coxy posted:

1FA was considered good for a long time but now looking back it was obviously flawed.

Just go straight to 2FA.
When you get to choose a class, I wouldn't go for email or SMS. They are traps for new players.
TOTP is the best if you can be bothered to setup the combo correctly.

He's a newb not an idiot, subdermal RFID is the true choice.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
I got the Deus ex go and have to ask sine I'm new to mobile games: Do I need to keep them installed on my phone or are they part of some Google play account now? (I'm on Android). So would I be able to redownload them in the future or on some other device?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

It's bound to your account as if you bought it, so yes you can delete it and reinstall on that or other devices later.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

i like free games he hehe I play game and not pay any money free playtime yaaay

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Haha downloading game makes hard drive go brrr

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

RBA Starblade posted:

Haha downloading game makes hard drive go brrr

Haha

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Trickyblackjack posted:

I got the Deus ex go and have to ask sine I'm new to mobile games: Do I need to keep them installed on my phone or are they part of some Google play account now? (I'm on Android). So would I be able to redownload them in the future or on some other device?

It asked for permission to control my media and camera or whatever so I immediately uninstalled. What was that about anyway?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

The only permissions it's asked me for are storage and contacts. Storage is obvious and I assume contacts is for friends leaderboards or something, I denied that one.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

MMOHuts is giving away keys for Shop Titans on Steam. MMOHuts account is required. There are 912 keys left as of this posting.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Kheldarn posted:

MMOHuts is giving away keys for Shop Titans on Steam. MMOHuts account is required. There are 912 keys left as of this posting.

I checked out the reviews on steam and it says it’s normally free?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I clicked the link and the idea of it is that it's coming out in two days and these keys give you access to the game ahead of the release.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Kheldarn posted:

Is this any better than recetter?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Kerbtree posted:

i think it's a port of a f2p mobile game so probably not

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Kerbtree posted:

No it's extremely freemium garbage. It's purely timers

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Shop Titans is a F2P game that I see ads for near constantly when i am playing other F2P games on android.
Guessing its free but you takes forever to get anywhere unless you buy a ton of coins.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

I'm a huge idiot and I already play a crappy freemium idle game on Steam called Shop Heroes.
The word on the street is that Titans is a clone with even more predatory pricing and locking.
Apart from being 3D instead of 2D sprites I'm not even sure what the point of differentiation is meant to be.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

~Coxy posted:

I'm a huge idiot and I already play a crappy freemium idle game on Steam called Shop Heroes.
The word on the street is that Titans is a clone with even more predatory pricing and locking.
Apart from being 3D instead of 2D sprites I'm not even sure what the point of differentiation is meant to be.

I haven't played either of them, but I would assume the move from 2d to 3d means all of the equipment you buy shows up on a character? If the games were similar enough that would be a pretty big deciding factor for me at least.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Indie Gala has regularly been putting decent 5-10 year old games in their free section. Today they have the original Lovely Planet.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Baby Proof posted:

Indie Gala has regularly been putting decent 5-10 year old games in their free section. Today they have the original Lovely Planet.

This is one of those games where if it's not for you, you just won't get it, but if it is for you, you can spend a hundred hours in it. If you're into speedruns and highly mechanical FPS games it is in a beautiful niche all it's own; definitely worth checking out

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
lovely planet is one of my favorite games and i love its soundtrack and aesthetic

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Baby Proof posted:

I was looking at that list and while I haven't played it, Gateways has been recommended a few times in the Steam thread as mind bending 2D portal so that should be a good one too!

EDIT: Oh I didn't realise it was a daily sale, I should've gotten it from the context of Baby Proof's post. Don't think you can add previous games, but if you can, that'd be one to get!

Artelier fucked around with this message at 06:45 on May 5, 2020

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
e: NM, also misread stuff.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

If it's on that page you should be able to get it. The indiegala interface is so crappy I was sure I couldn't get it either. But it turned up on the second page of the Showcase section in my user account...

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Baby Proof posted:

Quick update, when I was trying to get the other games on the list yesterday, it was just buggy. Today I managed to add Gateways so I assume all the games in the above links work now!

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Yeah, everything worked for me earlier when I tried it.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Evil Genius is free for an apparently very limited time.

https://www.pcgamer.com/evil-genius-is-free-right-now-and-you-might-want-to-grab-your-copy-quickly/

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

You can also grab the Anomaly Uber Bundle if you subscribe to the newsletter mentioned here

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

I can't get their newsletter URL to load.
https://newsletter.11bitstudios.com
right?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

~Coxy posted:

I can't get their newsletter URL to load.
https://newsletter.11bitstudios.com
right?
The error is the server being overloaded. Keep refreshing until you get in. Same for claiming the key.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It says the offer went until the 6th, so it might be over?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It says the offer went until the 6th, so it might be over?
Looks like you need to do it through the steam page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I only just now got an e-mail from Namco Bandai (or whatever) that Pac Man Championship Edition 2 was free and at least on the PS4... it was!

e: Steam too.