Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

"Jüngstes Gericht" literally translates into "youngest meal" and therefore "most recent meal", not "court", you faux-Deutschbag.

And now that I've deutsch-splained the Deutschsplanation, I believe we now both need to sit in the corner and wallow in the misery that is our emotionally-challenged existence.

:buddy:-hug

Mannsplaining :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I have two German jokes.

How many Germans does it take to change a light bulb?
One, because they are efficient and don't understand humor.

Why is there such little crime in Germany?
Because crime is illegal.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Vashro posted:

Can we post memes in a less known language so we can all not enjoy them equally please

I have been summoned

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Speaking of memes in obscure languages. This happened:

https://twitter.com/dennis_kosuth/status/1256309653455003648?s=21

https://twitter.com/therandodentist/status/1256369062168281088?s=21

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

So that's why no-one has seen him

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

lmao

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Blind Rasputin posted:

Out of all the doctor/hospital shows throughout the history of time: House, Greys Anatomy, ER, Code Black (good god)... Scrubs was far and away the most realistic. I finished residency about three years ago and whenever I watch a random episode of Scrubs it’s just so loving good. It catches the interpersonal rhetoric, the highs and lows, relationships, the exact type of gallows humor, everything so well. It’s legit. There were a few scenes in the first season about one of the residents dealing with a patient’s death, often there’s a heartfelt moment followed by a bit of comedic relief. These scenes capture the real feelings in one of those moments better than any other show. I remember one particular scene where the wife of a patient who’d just passed away asked the main actor, “what am I supposed to do now?” I’ve been asked this question before, it’s the hardest hitting most powerful and painful question to be asked. They’re asking, “what the hell am I supposed to do with my life now that they’re gone? Do I just.. go home? Do I just...??” They’re still alive and moving through life, but their companion suddenly is not. The first time I was asked this question the totality of it all hit my so hard I nearly immediately started tearing up and had to just step out of the room for a sec. There’s no good answer. We hide behind “I’ll get the social worker/pastor” and hide behind the mechanical steps of burial service arrangement and all but it’s because none of us are ever prepared for trying to give what they really need from that question. It’s a question none of those other more dramatic shows would ever think to cover, because on paper it’s so banal. “What do I do now?” In reality it’s so much more. Scrubs owned really hard when it went there.

ER is certainly a near tie for realism, at least the first two seasons. The pilot episode of ER still hits me in the feels because there’s a moment where he falls asleep in a call room for all of what feels like 15 seconds and I knew that feeling all too well.

This is amazing work. As a student of medicine I can say that I’ve heard hundreds of stories like this, and have shown little to no emotion. The stories were just windows to ERs I’ve never worked in, people who I never knew or would ever know. But this story made me stop and evaluate. Putting Zach Braff in made me actually look at what is really happening. Putting someone that everyone is familiar with in a situation that no one knows, and to make people feel those emotions well, that takes amazing talent. Thank you.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

It's apparently fake, but the fact it is completely believable, and the poo poo that comes out of people's mouths as a result of it, certainly says enough about the state of this country.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lmao

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Blind Rasputin posted:

Out of all the doctor/hospital shows throughout the history of time: House, Greys Anatomy, ER, Code Black (good god)... Scrubs was far and away the most realistic. I finished residency about three years ago and whenever I watch a random episode of Scrubs it’s just so loving good. It catches the interpersonal rhetoric, the highs and lows, relationships, the exact type of gallows humor, everything so well. It’s legit. There were a few scenes in the first season about one of the residents dealing with a patient’s death, often there’s a heartfelt moment followed by a bit of comedic relief. These scenes capture the real feelings in one of those moments better than any other show. I remember one particular scene where the wife of a patient who’d just passed away asked the main actor, “what am I supposed to do now?” I’ve been asked this question before, it’s the hardest hitting most powerful and painful question to be asked. They’re asking, “what the hell am I supposed to do with my life now that they’re gone? Do I just.. go home? Do I just...??” They’re still alive and moving through life, but their companion suddenly is not. The first time I was asked this question the totality of it all hit my so hard I nearly immediately started tearing up and had to just step out of the room for a sec. There’s no good answer. We hide behind “I’ll get the social worker/pastor” and hide behind the mechanical steps of burial service arrangement and all but it’s because none of us are ever prepared for trying to give what they really need from that question. It’s a question none of those other more dramatic shows would ever think to cover, because on paper it’s so banal. “What do I do now?” In reality it’s so much more. Scrubs owned really hard when it went there.

ER is certainly a near tie for realism, at least the first two seasons. The pilot episode of ER still hits me in the feels because there’s a moment where he falls asleep in a call room for all of what feels like 15 seconds and I knew that feeling all too well.

That’s what I’ve always heard about the series, that’s really interesting to hear it validated! Such a great show

+1 appreciate translations on non english memes, TIA

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

It's canon that Tintin was murdered by being covered in liquid polyester and his corpse was sold as a work of art.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Son of Rodney posted:

If y'all have enough of Kraut memes let me know I don't wanna poo poo up the thread or something

Noch eins, bitte. Vielen dank

more Finnish memes too while we’re at it

It’s all moonlanguage to me but somehow the benis transcends language

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I think other countries memes are cool, and it's fun when you recognize a word or two and can figure out what the meme is saying, that being said, I'd like it if someone translated a bunch of these memes for me.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Jamesman posted:

It's apparently fake, but the fact it is completely believable, and the poo poo that comes out of people's mouths as a result of it, certainly says enough about the state of this country.

Its not fake

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Jamesman posted:

Amazingly enough, that one is real but the one in english is fake.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

OSU_Matthew posted:

That’s what I’ve always heard about the series, that’s really interesting to hear it validated! Such a great show

+1 appreciate translations on non english memes, TIA

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

iwentdoodie posted:

I know. the real one is so on the nose one one would fake it

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

:eyepop:

https://twitter.com/vonhonkington/status/1256616337260130304?s=19

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

The DK Rap is a meme in my book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUK4I71kl7M

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Jamesman posted:

wtf the holocaust isn't fake you goddamn nazi

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

iwentdoodie posted:

Ah gently caress. I saw this AP News link and did not realize it was talking about a DIFFERENT Auschwitz-related protest sign from the same day.
https://apnews.com/afs:Content:8845710091

I didn't read it all the way through because I was content to think there was no genuine nazi propaganda at these "freedom" protests. :(

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Notice the way she wrote the B and compare it to the Auschwitz sign.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Lmao I'm a sucker for these but this is a good one

The implicit shade in the last panel is a fantastic touch

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

That's a command and his name is muscles

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

Jamesman posted:

No that's a real one, the fake one is a different one

https://twitter.com/Ashtar94/status/1256442588749459461

I guess they did nazi a problem with this :dadjoke:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfkceYgV6VM

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

:dadjoke:

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice
Pretty sure you should spoiler tag that last of us thing but I scrolled past it as soon as my brain registered that it might be a spoiler.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Please tell me that spoiler is real, lol

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Steve Holt! posted:

Pretty sure you should spoiler tag that last of us thing but I scrolled past it as soon as my brain registered that it might be a spoiler.

SPOILER:
The writing in the Last of Us 2 is terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

MizPiz posted:

SPOILER:
The writing in the Last of Us 2 is terrible

Terrible writing? In a VIDEO GAME?!?