Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

WarEternal posted:

I seriously loving love how they're just fitting a goddamn act of nature, a virus, into the same tired "WE CAN'T LET THE drat TERRORISTS WIN!" mold.

apparently this virus has an ideology

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Killing is the intention, this is a move towards an openly one party state.

The GOP is a top down org, senators and reps at the federal level have strategy and messaging calls every day. The messages get distributed to the voters via Fox News at night.

The message lately has been that democrats are running things into the ground with lockdowns and that they must be recalled. The base will foment the next step themselves, that Democrat governors must be removed by any means necessary

Hopefully Americans see the irony in Vladimir Putin having successfully formented a color revolution in America with social media.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Moxie posted:

Thanks for all the replies to this, I guess I forgot that evil people apparently control the minds of approximately 50% of all Americans and encourage them to do illogical poo poo.

I didn't know that approximately 50% of Americans were at these protests. crazy that I missed that. I had thought that reopening states had minority approval and that 70% of these protesters were still employed.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

actually I’m sure you’ll find americans are dumb enough to let this poo poo move the needle to maximum TOEMP

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Helith posted:

Don't forget that there is always a few weeks lag on new cases as it can take that long to show symptoms and get tested, so cases showing up now were likely infected mid April-ish.
also the first people infected by the pro-virus rallies and dropping of state defenses will likely be dumbass chud types who aren't going to be quick to get tested

Apr 7, 2003

Der Meister posted:

actually I’m sure you’ll find americans are dumb enough to let this poo poo move the needle to maximum TOEMP

Reopen movements have minority support though

This is really just the GOP paying some guy to sit outside your house and scream "gently caress you" over and over again and the GOP telling you, "see, no one in this neighborhood likes you!"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
hey how do you screen the sick from the healthy? because you can still spread the virus without showing symptoms...
oh? nothing? but we're still supposed to take you seriously? cool.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Thesaurus posted:

When you say that groups are paying for these protests, what are they paying for exactly? Facebook ads? Actual paying organizers? Signs?

I think it's mostly conservative operatives hitting up their standard email lists. I know the first Michigan protest had coverage/support from local radio and seemed to have paid followers for their social media pages.

The big amplifier for these (outside of Orange County where it does seem to have actual support) is the media coverage. The people showing up are considered "real people" for local media types and that helps supply material for national coverage.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

I’m going to reclaim American pastiche from the nazis, that is my CoronaVirus goal

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
We better hope corona breaks this system wide open over the next 12-18 months because the current trajectory America is on is far worse than what that would look like.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

quote:

Billionaires acquired a collective $238 billion in additional wealth in 23 days during the coronavirus pandemic, a new study shows.

U.S. billionaire wealth collectively increased by $238 billion, a 10 percent gain, from March 18 to April 10 when more than 22 million Americans lost their jobs, according to a study by the Institute for Policy Studies, a progressive think-tank.

"Billionaire wealth has grown astoundingly over the last few decades — and, for some 'pandemic profiteers,' even more dramatically since the COVID-19 crisis — even as billionaire tax obligations have plummeted," the study states.

Eight billionaires have each gained more than $1 billion in additional wealth since the early months of the pandemic starting on Jan. 1, including Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, MacKenzie Bezos, Eric Yuan, Steve Ballmer, John Albert Sobrato, Joshua Harris and Rocco Commisso, the institute found.

Bezos has profited the most during the pandemic, with Amazon Prime's two-day shipping being largely popular among people who are staying home during state lockdowns and trying to limit in-person store trips.

The Amazon founder's wealth has increased more than $25 billion since Jan. 1 and $12 billion since Feb. 1, according to the study.

The institute also notes that billionaire wealth in the U.S. has increased by 1,130 percent since 1990, compared to a 5.37-percent growth in median wealth in the U.S. Between 1980 and 2018, billionaire tax obligations decreased 79 percent.

By contrast, 78 percent of Americans are living paycheck-to-paycheck during COVID-19, and 20 percent have zero or negative net worth, the study says.

More than 3.8 million Americans filed for unemployment last week, the Labor Department reported on Thursday, as the tidal wave of job losses triggered by the coronavirus pandemic continues to grow.

The new report, which covers the week ending April 25, pushes the six-week total of job losses since states adopted strict stay-at-home measures to 30.2 million. Unemployment at this scale hasn’t been recorded since the Great Depression, when the jobless rate peaked at 25 percent.

FOX Business' Megan Henney contributed to this report.

CHAOTIC NIECE
Jul 2, 2007
a little
everythings normal, everthings fine...

nothing to see here...
https://imgur.com/6tp0CsZ

CHAOTIC NIECE has issued a correction as of 05:06 on May 3, 2020

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

turd in my singlet posted:

Yeah this is the aftershocks of Easter + the first rounds of protests

Current status:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXD12XrttmQ

CHAOTIC NIECE
Jul 2, 2007
a little
fudk, can't get the image to show up, but basically we had -61 deaths in Missouri on thursday lol

so that goon predicting -1,000 deaths by the end of may wasn't too far off

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Friday the 8th we get the big picture on April unemployment numbers.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

I didn't know that approximately 50% of Americans were at these protests. crazy that I missed that. I had thought that reopening states had minority approval and that 70% of these protesters were still employed.

Did you think I was being facetious? The country is run on the whims of the idiots and supervillains who control propaganda. I'm serious.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
noticing more people today not bothering wearing their mandatory facemasks here in ny. gas stations and bodegas aren't bothering to enforce poo poo. one guy was even blowing his nose at the cash register. cant wait to die now. yeah lets open it up.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

the protesters and politicians have all now changed their minds collectively for some unknowable reason

close er down

Apr 7, 2003

Moxie posted:

Did you think I was being facetious? The country is run on the whims of the idiots and supervillains who control propaganda. I'm serious.

It's way less than 50% though, when Trump's base hoot and holler about his "60 million voters" they're right. That's a hair over 18% of all Americans.

They're a small minority of Americans that receive outsized coverage and consideration for some reason.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

CHAOTIC NIECE posted:

fudk, can't get the image to show up, but basically we had -61 deaths in Missouri on thursday lol

so that goon predicting -1,000 deaths by the end of may wasn't too far off

It’s me, I’m pumping out babies faster than roni can kill old people!

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

It's way less than 50% though, when Trump's base hoot and holler about his "60 million voters" they're right. That's a hair over 18% of all Americans.

They're a small minority of Americans that receive outsized coverage and consideration for some reason.

If that makes you feel better sure but they control like 90% of the federal government with no end in sight so I don't exactly feel encouraged

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Moxie posted:

Polls say 75-80% of Americans support the lock downs, that's a fair chunk of Reuplicans and everyone else in favor of them.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

rich get richer, water wet.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

gently caress this is depressing

https://mobile.twitter.com/glennkirschner2/status/1256787599743737861

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Kinda a self own to say “My family died too and I don’t give a poo poo!”

they all died just to get out of going to thanksgiving

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

totally unrelated i'm sure but i've heard multiple people irl make the extremely dumbass claim that it only kills the weak so we should open er up, unsurprisingly those multiple people are all white

Apr 7, 2003

Shima Honnou posted:

totally unrelated i'm sure but i've heard multiple people irl make the extremely dumbass claim that it only kills the weak so we should open er up, unsurprisingly those multiple people are all white

Listening to the Tides of History podcast will teach you about how evil europeans are, yes,

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

this dude more concerned about the health effects wearing a mask than the actual virus on why we need to wear a mask

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

#DicksOutForCovid

honor our healthcare heroes

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
At this point I'm just waiting for the real crack ping when all these people that just rushed out to huff each other's roni farts in public have absolutely nothing bad happen and the months of staying inside breaks all of our brains when it actually didn't matter.

Apr 7, 2003

Asproigerosis posted:

At this point I'm just waiting for the real crack ping when all these people that just rushed out to huff each other's roni farts in public have absolutely nothing bad happen and the months of staying inside breaks all of our brains when it actually didn't matter.

What's going to happen is that all the people who rushed off to spit in eachother's mouths are going to spread roni like wildfire, two in ten of them are going to die (because obesity and diabetes are comorbidities), and they're going to say "look, 8 out of 10 survived just fine, we wasted our time with a lockdown!" The media will agree with them and we'll keep going back to work while mass deaths are the norm around us every day for the next year or two.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Asproigerosis posted:

Lol yeah it’s gonna pwn

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Asproigerosis posted:

you can feel the sense in the air of people who took something seriously, watching chuds on tv and secretly feeling kinda jealous of not caring. they’ve started to look for proof that they are overcautious lol

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

What's going to happen is that all the people who rushed off to spit in eachother's mouths are going to spread roni like wildfire, two in ten of them are going to die (because obesity and diabetes are comorbidities), and they're going to say "look, 8 out of 10 survived just fine, we wasted our time with a lockdown!" The media will agree with them and we'll keep going back to work while mass deaths are the norm around us every day for the next year or two.

Nah they're all going to be fine, roni was just a bad flu. I don't see any big easter death spike, ipso facto libs are owned and trump was right.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Asproigerosis posted:

oh they'll kill many of their family members, they just won't care personally

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Science WHORE posted:

There was a graduation party and some boomer's birthday party on my block today. About 20 people at each event. We are so hosed, like, why do I even bother holing myself in my 20x30 right now. Also my bf is being sent back to work on the 5th. I haven't received unemployment since I applied over a month ago. Chuds are storming my capital. I want to self death.

Don't kill yourself. Become a Super Spreader!

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
We're gonna find out that racism in your heart blocks the roni from replicating in your lungs.

Apr 7, 2003

Out of the 8/10 who survived roni, 30% of them will have permanent pulmonary problems, which will be normalized in the same way that diabetes and obesity are now. A bill of "civil rights" for people with pulmonary dysfunction will be passed and the problem will be normalized in the same way that disfigurement was normalized after WW1 for a generation.

Apr 7, 2003

Asproigerosis posted:

Nah they're all going to be fine, roni was just a bad flu. I don't see any big easter death spike, ipso facto libs are owned and trump was right.

There is an easter spike, the rolling death total for 4/28-4/30 was 2350 deaths, and 5/1 was the worst day yet with over 2900 deaths

the numbers don't matter and no matter what is reported, daddy will call it a great success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pretty sure all that stuff is a democrat hoax