Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Charlz Guybon posted:

The numbers matter, but 60k is still only like 1 in 5400 out of a population of 325M. In my hometown of 30k that's maybe six people dying. 600k dead will be a totally different story. Everybody will know somebody who died at that point. Old people will all know several people that have died of it. That kind of casualty figure would be enough to tip the election even if not one person died, just because of how skewed the electorate is by age.

Get me the number of people who required hospitalization before dying and we'll talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The democrat party losers have to get over it that nobody fell for this

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

We should have a national conversation about covid19

you mean like a covid con?

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

It absolutely sucks to not be able to see friends/family or even enjoy parks and playgrounds, and it's even harder seeing other people doing exactly that with no consequences

I can't even think of an analogy. Maybe if the speed limit on interstates was 10 mph and we all carefully drove in the right lane while watching everyone else do 80 just fine and thinking "ok surely they're going to die in a wreck or at least the govt will enforce its laws" but nope they just get to do what they want (and hit and run some people on the way with no consequences)

I recall one particular blizzard a few years back, where a ton of snow got dumped in a very short amount of time while I was in Texas for a conference. I was happily cruising along at 10 mph in the right hand lane, while a series of folks in large SUVs and sports cars proceeded to speed past me in the left. I'm from up north, where "Drive slow, arrive alive" is drilled into your head, you get taught to turn into the drift when your car starts to slide, and this was far from the first time I'd driven in a blizzard.

So there'd go a car, speeding along, and ten minutes later, I'd see it smashed up against the barrier. There'd go an SUV, and like clockwork, there it was, slammed into a lamppost. Storm ended up so bad that I got a hotel room for the night, rather than finish the drive back home.

This is where we're at right now. Not everyone died, of course, and not everyone speeding crashed, but why take the risk? You can save yourself and your loved ones.

A second wave is coming.

Drive slow. Arrive alive.

BernieLomax
May 29, 2002

It has always been like that. It's not a very good table since there are more codes than what it uses (eg suspected covid19) , numbers are late, but the idea is that with time it will be more precise since it is not on reported death, but day of death.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mastershakeman posted:

It absolutely sucks to not be able to see friends/family or even enjoy parks and playgrounds, and it's even harder seeing other people doing exactly that with no consequences

I can't even think of an analogy. Maybe if the speed limit on interstates was 10 mph and we all carefully drove in the right lane while watching everyone else do 80 just fine and thinking "ok surely they're going to die in a wreck or at least the govt will enforce its laws" but nope they just get to do what they want (and hit and run some people on the way with no consequences)

I am doing exactly this and I am perfectly okay with it

Yall have broken brains

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Shima Honnou posted:

hipsters who will only wear locally sourced hand-crafted masks

ok but actually i think i deserve praise for not having gone vegan yet

Apr 7, 2003

Toph Bei Fong posted:

I recall one particular blizzard a few years back, where a ton of snow got dumped in a very short amount of time while I was in Texas for a conference. I was happily cruising along at 10 mph in the right hand lane, while a series of folks in large SUVs and sports cars proceeded to speed past me in the left. I'm from up north, where "Drive slow, arrive alive" is drilled into your head, you get taught to turn into the drift when your car starts to slide, and this was far from the first time I'd driven in a blizzard.

So there'd go a car, speeding along, and ten minutes later, I'd see it smashed up against the barrier. There'd go an SUV, and like clockwork, there it was, slammed into a lamppost. Storm ended up so bad that I got a hotel room for the night, rather than finish the drive back home.

This is where we're at right now. Not everyone died, of course, and not everyone speeding crashed, but why take the risk? You can save yourself and your loved ones.

A second wave is coming.

Drive slow. Arrive alive.

*America voice* gently caress you, loser

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Toph Bei Fong posted:

:hai:

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The classic meme cartoon where the nasty goon pulls the blinds shut on people playing and having fun outdoors so they can look at sad computer

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

America in a tweet

https://mobile.twitter.com/TinaEva36789256/status/1256746690566131712

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

a.lo posted:

you mean like a covid con?

It has come to my attention that in certain circles, simian-minded individuals are refering to covidcons as 'covid cons', ignorantly placing a space between 'covid' and 'con'. Perhaps their brains have dulled by years of Madden and Quake, rather than the mentally invigorating games such as Arc the Lad and Growlanser, becuase even a child could tell that placing a space between the 'covid' and 'con' in covidcon is perhaps more profoundly philistine than a certain American administration that need not be named. Placing a space in covidcon completely belittles the meaning of the word and displays the user's blatantly minuscule intellect and is understanding of the basic precepts of grammar. Covidcon is a perfect marriage of the words corona, virus, and console creating a short and effective portmanteau that quickly and accurately labels mentions objects and anybody who does not immediately recognize 'covid con' as absolutely outrageous clearly lacks the mental faculties to correctly operate a covidcon other than perhaps FIFA Sports. I make this point becuase I have recently been belligerently barrage by imbecilic 'covid con' references that unnerve me to no end and have taken it upon myself to correct the damage that your poor Western education ( though this is a subject to be discussed on a later date) has wrought upon you. You should personally thank me that i did not see it fit to correct your preponderous mistake in Japanese, becuase I am thoroughly positive your neanderthal mind would be incapable of deciphering the Hiragana from the Katakana.

Apr 7, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

Yall have broken brains

America is an envy and hate culture

I've had a fun time recently talking to people who own rental properties and get mad about being told that they should have saved up money for this crisis, or being told that they add absolutely nothing to society.

Americans are terrible people who are brought up exploited with the promise that one day they can do the exploiting, and when the sand buries our empire forever, no one will mourn.

Apr 7, 2003

The classic meme cartoon where the nasty goon pulls the blinds shut on people playing and having fun outdoors so they can look at sad computer

I went for a nice bike ride today.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

There is an easter spike, the rolling death total for 4/28-4/30 was 2350 deaths, and 5/1 was the worst day yet with over 2900 deaths

the numbers don't matter and no matter what is reported, daddy will call it a great success.

Where can we find weekly numbers like that?

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got drunk in the alley

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Get me the number of people who required hospitalization before dying and we'll talk.

I'm not sure what you mean here?

Apr 7, 2003

Charlz Guybon posted:

Where can we find weekly numbers like that?

Rolling death average for 4/28-4/30, not total. I mistyped.

I"ve been getting my poo poo off worldometers and other people relying on them, I may be wrong, if anyone has day-to-day reliable totals that don't require you looking and writing them down I'd be happy to see them.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Tunicate posted:

It has come to my attention that in certain circles, simian-minded individuals are refering to covidcons as 'covid cons', ignorantly placing a space between 'covid' and 'con'. Perhaps their brains have dulled by years of Madden and Quake, rather than the mentally invigorating games such as Arc the Lad and Growlanser, becuase even a child could tell that placing a space between the 'covid' and 'con' in covidcon is perhaps more profoundly philistine than a certain American administration that need not be named. Placing a space in covidcon completely belittles the meaning of the word and displays the user's blatantly minuscule intellect and is understanding of the basic precepts of grammar. Covidcon is a perfect marriage of the words corona, virus, and console creating a short and effective portmanteau that quickly and accurately labels mentions objects and anybody who does not immediately recognize 'covid con' as absolutely outrageous clearly lacks the mental faculties to correctly operate a covidcon other than perhaps FIFA Sports. I make this point becuase I have recently been belligerently barrage by imbecilic 'covid con' references that unnerve me to no end and have taken it upon myself to correct the damage that your poor Western education ( though this is a subject to be discussed on a later date) has wrought upon you. You should personally thank me that i did not see it fit to correct your preponderous mistake in Japanese, becuase I am thoroughly positive your neanderthal mind would be incapable of deciphering the Hiragana from the Katakana.

lmbo

Apr 7, 2003

Charlz Guybon posted:

I'm not sure what you mean here?

That the deaths aren't representative of the overall burden of the sickness

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Tunicate posted:

ok yes those are good points

but keep in mind arc the lad III is like a cant-miss great ps1 game if u like fire emblem

theres an iso floating around patched to english

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pretty sure nobody has reliable non-hoax numbers

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Rolling death average for 4/28-4/30, not total. I mistyped.

I"ve been getting my poo poo off worldometers and other people relying on them, I may be wrong, if anyone has day-to-day reliable totals that don't require you looking and writing them down I'd be happy to see them.

Ah, okay. I thought there was a website you could put in a date range and get the totals.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

fascinating how this dude finds new ways to be reprehensible every single day

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I posted about this earlier but we went out into the country today for a trail ride away from population centers and drove by this turd bucket in the PA countryside:

There were so many cars there that I thought I was looking at a dealership overflow lot at first, and easily over a hundred people were standing in line. Not many masks, no distancing. The "takeout only" line is horseshit, people were eating at the benches five feet from the window.

This is going to loving demolish rural PA, just like the opioid crisis did, and people are going to pretend it's fine and nothing is wrong, like they did for most of the opioid crisis.

doobie ended up finding massive success

Grabnar
Nov 24, 2017

I posted about this earlier but we went out into the country today for a trail ride away from population centers and drove by this turd bucket in the PA countryside:

There were so many cars there that I thought I was looking at a dealership overflow lot at first, and easily over a hundred people were standing in line. Not many masks, no distancing. The "takeout only" line is horseshit, people were eating at the benches five feet from the window.

This is going to loving demolish rural PA, just like the opioid crisis did, and people are going to pretend it's fine and nothing is wrong, like they did for most of the opioid crisis.

Big lol that they're cash only

CHAOTIC NIECE
Jul 2, 2007
a little

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

The left should organize support for a general strike, never been a better chance in this country

The people behind GeneralStrike.org and other groups are calling for a strike on the 1st of the month, every month

https://www.genstrike.org/may-day-guide/

Oh, and I finally got my image to work :zombie:

CHAOTIC NIECE has issued a correction as of 13:20 on May 3, 2020

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Radirot posted:

noticing more people today not bothering wearing their mandatory facemasks here in ny. gas stations and bodegas aren't bothering to enforce poo poo. one guy was even blowing his nose at the cash register. cant wait to die now. yeah lets open it up.

Noticing the same poo poo in CT, which is making me pretty sad since it seemed like people were taking it seriously just a week ago.

Been forced to go to Home Depot a few times to deal with poo poo our idiot contractor hosed up over the winter, and this last time I just bugged out because it was bad. Staff in a yelling match with two older dudes at the front door who were refusing to put on masks and threatening to sue if they weren't allowed in. The person at the door even offered to get them masks from the employee stash. :(

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

I got drunk in the alley

Nice 👍 I found a sick tree in an alley earlier today

Apr 7, 2003

Paradoxish posted:

Noticing the same poo poo in CT, which is making me pretty sad since it seemed like people were taking it seriously just a week ago.

Been forced to go to Home Depot a few times to deal with poo poo our idiot contractor hosed up over the winter, and this last time I just bugged out because it was bad. Staff in a yelling match with two older dudes at the front door who were refusing to put on masks and threatening to sue if they weren't allowed in. The person at the door even offered to get them masks from the employee stash. :(

It isn't about masks or protection from disease, it's about culture war

masks are for liberals

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Man Musk posted:

Nice 👍 I found a sick tree in an alley earlier today

Nice find

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

We already have drone video of boxes getting stacked up in mass graves out on that island in New York and we have pictures of corpses being stacked in hospitals in Detroit and NYC.

People literally do not and will not give a gently caress until it kills their friends and family. And probably not even then.

https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1256751723198189571?s=20

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I can't imagine a more succinct way to disrespect your grandparents' deaths.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

covid-19 is a figment of the liberal media and the pharma industry to scare you into buying useless ppe and cure-alls. now, i've read the arguments on both sides, and i haven't found any evidence yet to support the need to wear a mask. Ever.

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Lpzie posted:

covid-19 is a figment of the liberal media and the pharma industry to scare you into buying useless ppe and cure-alls. now, i've read the arguments on both sides, and i haven't found any evidence yet to support the need to wear a mask. Ever.

but at the same time, china covered it up and millions died

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Yall have broken brains

I would be a lot more chill about this if my husband didn't have surgery in 8 days. Everyone out being shitheads in my state today could be in that hospital by then and I really loving wish they wouldn't.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
22 days from now if we don't have the roni me and him gonna have one hell of a quarantine bean party.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
i still love that the mass grave thing in nyc was just much faster filling up of the existing busy mass grave for dead poors lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

but at the same time, china covered it up and millions died

also it has a death rate of 0.1%, open er up, let's get that corn