Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Lpzie posted:

covid-19 is a figment of the liberal media and the pharma industry to scare you into buying useless ppe and cure-alls. now, i've read the arguments on both sides, and i haven't found any evidence yet to support the need to wear a mask. Ever.

Actually I'm covid-19 and I'm gonna gently caress you up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

shovelbum posted:

i still love that the mass grave thing in nyc was just much faster filling up of the existing busy mass grave for dead poors lmao

In my brain rowboats full of rich kids from Manhattan go out there on Devil's Night to dig the corpses up and slap each other with the disinterred forearms

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

now they just need to revise the remaining 37308 people who had pneumonia or heart attacks or traffic accidents to their true causes of death before the "doctors" changed it and all will be right

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Australia's (possibly the worlds) richest woman, the woman who wanted to reduce minimum wage to $2 / day, has a cure for the roni. Hot water + lemon juice with optional whisky.

https://twitter.com/LordofWentworth/status/1256512999054962688

Apr 7, 2003

Inceltown posted:

Australia's (possibly the worlds) richest woman, the woman who wanted to reduce minimum wage to $2 / day, has a cure for the roni. Hot water + lemon juice with optional whisky.

I used to work for a guy from northern India who outright took me aside one day, told me that I looked unhealthy, and told me that the only cure for my problems was hot water and lemon juice every morning.

He also fired every dev we had from Goa out of hand.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/stilgherrian/status/1256711744161845248

lmao

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/1256788328420081680

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Inceltown posted:

That's less useful than a hot toddy because a hot toddy at least has honey in it.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
World's richest women says the cure for the roni is Luden's cough drops, that will be 11 billion dollars please.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I used to work for a guy from northern India who outright took me aside one day, told me that I looked unhealthy, and told me that the only cure for my problems was hot water and lemon juice every morning.

He also fired every dev we had from Goa out of hand.

lmao, did you tell him there is no cure for being a goon?

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The virgin leftist shut-in vs the chad reactionary martyr

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.
20% of NYC was infected: https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/amid-ongoing-covid-19-pandemic-governor-cuomo-announces-results-completed-antibody-testing

That might be enough to grant herd immunity (lol): https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.27.20081893v1

The abott labs test is amazing: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.27.20082362v1

the boomer remover marches on

Apr 7, 2003

Inceltown posted:

I nodded and smiled at him

He had me laid off about twelve weeks later with a half year's pay

He got laid off himself three months after I did lol

That company was a complete clusterfuck but I was treated well on discharge for a common drone

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Inceltown posted:

roni cures all friend

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Tunicate posted:

It has come to my attention that in certain circles, simian-minded individuals are refering to covidcons as 'covid cons', ignorantly placing a space between 'covid' and 'con'. Perhaps their brains have dulled by years of Madden and Quake, rather than the mentally invigorating games such as Arc the Lad and Growlanser, becuase even a child could tell that placing a space between the 'covid' and 'con' in covidcon is perhaps more profoundly philistine than a certain American administration that need not be named. Placing a space in covidcon completely belittles the meaning of the word and displays the user's blatantly minuscule intellect and is understanding of the basic precepts of grammar. Covidcon is a perfect marriage of the words corona, virus, and console creating a short and effective portmanteau that quickly and accurately labels mentions objects and anybody who does not immediately recognize 'covid con' as absolutely outrageous clearly lacks the mental faculties to correctly operate a covidcon other than perhaps FIFA Sports. I make this point becuase I have recently been belligerently barrage by imbecilic 'covid con' references that unnerve me to no end and have taken it upon myself to correct the damage that your poor Western education ( though this is a subject to be discussed on a later date) has wrought upon you. You should personally thank me that i did not see it fit to correct your preponderous mistake in Japanese, becuase I am thoroughly positive your neanderthal mind would be incapable of deciphering the Hiragana from the Katakana.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Looking forward to going to Covid Con 20 to see what new strains they're releasing in 2021.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

At this point I'm just waiting for the real crack ping when all these people that just rushed out to huff each other's roni farts in public have absolutely nothing bad happen and the months of staying inside breaks all of our brains when it actually didn't matter.

Yeah that sure sounds like the hellworld we all know and love

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
original was better

Apr 7, 2003

If anything, six weeks of staying inside have taught us that Americans hate their homes, despise their families, and would rather die than be stuck inside the buildings they spend ~35% of their gross income on, being subject to the whims of the people that #Americastrong commercials tell us they love.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Death seem to be slowing down the last two weeks according to that, which seems odd since we have had a very consistent 30k a day getting infected for that whole period.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

If anything, six weeks of staying inside have taught us that Americans hate their homes, despise their families, and would rather die than be stuck inside the buildings they spend ~35% of their gross income on, being subject to the whims of the people that #Americastrong commercials tell us they love.

I just got really into an indoor hobby for the first time in ages right as the pandemic kicked off so I'm pretty happy with my choices rn

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Charlz Guybon posted:

Death seem to be slowing down the last two weeks according to that, which seems odd since we have had a very consistent 30k a day getting infected for that whole period.

I think we'll have some really weird effects bc the super old are both the most vulnerable and also heavily institutionalized right, like not enough to change much in the end but it seems like it would distort things a lot as get happen

Apr 7, 2003

shovelbum posted:

I just got really into an indoor hobby for the first time in ages right as the pandemic kicked off so I'm pretty happy with my choices rn

I'm not even into movies/TV, I"ve been making my time go by with posting (lol) and sanding / painting poo poo in my house

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Charlz Guybon posted:

peak's over time to open up

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Just two new cases here today

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

Charlz Guybon posted:

deaths are a lagging measure, about 1 week to 3 weeks behind confirmed infection. deaths also depend on testing.

testing stagnated for two solid weeks in mid april, check this chart and you'll see why deaths are stuck at 2k

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
detroits own charlie leduff won a pulitzer back in 2000 writing about racial conditions in meat packing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Cy-u0aTXeKvSpMjrAuQ39XxSmT0qI-i/view?usp=drivesdk

rlly one of a kind piece imo & obv conditions have only grown more entrenched

he also did some vids for detroit news meeting some klansmen

& was on the best ep of anthony bourdains show imo

leduff club

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

climate death is more beautiful however plague death is more biblical in conclusion the 21st century continues to deliver

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Jesus Christ Georgia what the gently caress is wrong with these loving people:-

https://twitter.com/joshuapotash/status/1256655337714782215?s=21

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!
The crazies in texas are lining up to watch movies in confined, close quarters again:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

The crazies in texas are lining up to watch movies in confined, close quarters again:

I'm curious what movies are even playing

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I got a scowl and a raised middle finger from a guy in a truck for wearing a mask today. America sure is a cool place.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

In Training posted:

the entire kevin sorbo oeuvre

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Americans are addicted to buying poo poo and being locked away from their infinite storefronts puts them into literal drug withdrawal.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

In Training posted:

Dying for Sonic is freedom.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I got a scowl and a raised middle finger from a guy in a truck for wearing a mask today. America sure is a cool place.

culture war is so loving insane like god drat cannot of imagined this scenario lmao

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
i love american freedom so much i am going to gently caress the neon sign at the mall as soon as the lockdoiwn is lifgted

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

it's just amazing that the country that invented gerontology is blasé about its accomplishments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
I tried reddit's /r/bodyweightfitness routine today and god it was a disaster. At least I got through all the exercises. The #1 thing I miss during lockdown is going to the gym.