Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Mekchu posted:

Is it OK if we threaten to kill Megyn Kelly's kids because she lied on the news and thus probably lied about Roger Aile's sexual harassment? What about the kids of Gretchen Carlson? Gabriel Sherman? They all lied at different points on TV so we have proof they're just big old liars right?

What about Rose McGowan? Lupit Nyong'o? Gwenyth Paltrow? Uma Thurman? Or any of the dozens of other women who accused Harvey Weinstein? They've all lied at different points in their life so therefore their allegations are bullshit right?

I'm just trying to figure out when we are or aren't supposed to believe accusations or not, let alone when its OK to threaten someone's life over putting out an accusation of sexual assault.
When they accuse a democrat politician duh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

mr whistler posted:

She was trying to get the story out right after Super Tuesday when it became clear that Bernie was in trouble:

https://twitter.com/readealexandra/status/1235045691073761280

That tweet is because she thought Times Up would represent her, hence the 'ticking' reference. Not that she was timing the story in a strategic way.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VitalSigns posted:

When they accuse a democrat politician duh

Sorry, but I would like to hear the reasoning from the people defending rapists, not those arguing to defend the victims of rape.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Also, "the rape victim decided to tell her story - and hence open herself up to what would be an unpleasant battle - when different avenues of stopping the rapist started to look like they would fail, therefore she is not to be trusted" is one hell of a take.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Amazing watching libs turn into rape denialist Republicans in real time.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Rape deniers gently caress off and eat poo poo

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

I just want anyone who thinks Tara Reade or any other accuser is lying to realize how much harassment and how many death threats reward such an accusation vs how often they bring the accused to justice. Dr. Ford’s story should be illustrative, if people are gonna keep using it as a counter example. She had to endure months of that kind of treatment, publicly litigate her abuse, and had Republicans directly and nastily interrogate her. And for what? To see her rapist coronated anyway

That’s where “believe women” comes from. The incentive to keep your mouth shut and let the people who harm you get awarded higher office is painfully real. That’s why they should be supported and believed, to do otherwise is more likely than not contributing to real monsterism. I wish brainlords who think medium posts from grifters are sufficient reason to cast doubt on a survivor’s story would realize their own incentives to shut up

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The double standards are incredible, not just because it's from the same people who believed Dr Ford on even less evidence, but just the double standards for Reade and Biden

Some blog claims Reade lied to a landlord once so she is a liar and it proves everything she says is a lie. Meanwhile Biden is a racist sexist piece of poo poo his entire life, who gropes and harasses women constantly and lies about everything, but that doesn't prove he assaulted one particular woman or that he he's lying about this. Gotta ignore personal character and give the benefit of the doubt (only to the man)

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

The double standards are incredible, not just because it's from the same people who believed Dr Ford on even less evidence, but just the double standards for Reade and Biden

Some blog claims Reade lied to a landlord once so she is a liar and it proves everything she says is a lie. Meanwhile Biden is a racist sexist piece of poo poo his entire life, who gropes and harasses women constantly and lies about everything, but that doesn't prove he assaulted one particular woman or that he he's lying about this. Gotta ignore personal character and give the benefit of the doubt (only to the man)

In the interest of fairness, if the genders were reversed people would be calling Terry Reade horrible things as well and defending Jolene Biden, because the crux of the point boils down to that Biden is in some form right because that is the person facing Trump.

Same with if it was Chris Ford accusing Britt Kavanaugh of things.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I think if the genders were reversed things would definitely be different but only because approximately 80% of the planet thinks its impossible for a woman to sexually assualt a man.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

I think if the genders were reversed things would definitely be different but only because approximately 80% of the planet thinks its impossible for a woman to sexually assualt a man.

They don't even think it's possible for a woman to sexually assault a boy

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

VitalSigns posted:

It's also worse for Biden to lie, if we're looking at it this way, because with his years of public office he should be held to a higher standard than most of the country.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Condiv posted:

Amazing watching libs turn into rape denialist Republicans in real time.

Democrats are the party of BlueMAGA now and we're not even close to Biden's general election rightward pivot. There's still six months to go and they are only going to get worse.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

It’s also just incredible that we know he’s gropey and invasive and we know he’s a notorious liar there is literally photo evidence of him demonstrating creepy boundary crossing behavior. A year ago he was getting called out for this stuff and basically responded with “lol”. That anyone can look at this guy and say with confidence “yep, he’s obviously innocent” is absurd to me

COVID-19
Mar 2, 2020

by Cyrano4747

mr whistler posted:

Except Dr. Blasey Ford doesn't have this history of lying, manipulation, and repeated accusations of harassment against people that somehow wronged her. Again, we'll never know exactly what happened. Could be that Dr. Blasey Ford is lying and Reade is telling the truth. But if one has to make a useful judgement in politics, I know which I feel is more likely to be telling the truth.

Joe Biden is a rapist and him and his supporters continuously perpetuate rape culture in this country.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's like we're seeing the whole 'Outspoken woke liberal 'ally' turns out to be rapist/rapist enabler' narrative play out for an entire political party.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

misadventurous posted:

It’s also just incredible that we know he’s gropey and invasive and we know he’s a notorious liar there is literally photo evidence of him demonstrating creepy boundary crossing behavior. A year ago he was getting called out for this stuff and basically responded with “lol”. That anyone can look at this guy and say with confidence “yep, he’s obviously innocent” is absurd to me

#believeallwomen, except when they levy accusations against a person with a noted and documented past of creeping on women and children in photos and on video. Then they're a russian asset and not trustworthy.

It's absurd on its face. If they actually believed he was innocent and wanted him to win on his merits, they would be calling for a truly independent investigation. They'd be fuming to get a hearing in Congress. Instead, they're sending threats to Tara Reid because they kneejerk so hard they don't even attack the right person. It's the same poo poo Republicans do and it's loving disgusting. I'm glad they went full mask off because I now know not to give a loving inch of a benefit of doubt.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

mr whistler posted:

There is no contemporaneous reports of her telling anyone about sexual assault, let alone sexual harassment. The Larry King call just said she had a problem with her boss. To me, it seems at least equally plausible she was fired for being a bad employee and made up a story as to why she was fired. She's done it in the past (see: the horse story, her other lying).

It doesn't prove things one way or another - ultimately there will never be any proof one way or another, but she clearly has a repeated pattern of lying, coupled with a repeated pattern of defamation against people that called her on her bullshit.

It's ludicrous to frame your take as radical skepticism, when it's entirely contingent on this fantasy that a powerless women with no means would accuse one of the most powerful figures in the world for.. attention?

Just look at the way you dismissed the Larry King call. The context here is that the mother purposefully tried to be as vague as possible, as she was doing it without Tara's permission, but the substance of it is that she implies it was a problem big enough that the media would be interested.

The fantasy goes full-bore here when you posit that it makes sense that a women, after being fired for being a bad employee, would lie to their parents that they were sexually assaulted.

KVeezy3 fucked around with this message at 15:07 on May 3, 2020

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

The hashtag resist liberals turned into r/incel MRA guys in a matter of days.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dex_sda posted:

#believeallwomen, except when they levy accusations against a person with a noted and documented past of creeping on women and children in photos and on video. Then they're a russian asset and not trustworthy.

It's absurd on its face. If they actually believed he was innocent and wanted him to win on his merits, they would be calling for a truly independent investigation. They'd be fuming to get a hearing in Congress. Instead, they're sending threats to Tara Reid because they kneejerk so hard they don't even attack the right person. It's the same poo poo Republicans do and it's loving disgusting. I'm glad they went full mask off because I now know not to give a loving inch of a benefit of doubt.

They're so confident Biden is innocent they're asking the FBI to investigate the reporters over the belief they are colluding with Russia and not openly sharing the Biden Senate Records pertaining to Reade.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 3, 2020

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

Being a poor woman trying to survive is karening now

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

To say that Joe Biden hasn't been vetted is not accurate. He has been repeatedly since he first ran for President in 1988 and has been found fundamentally unfit for the office each time. It is only in the Trump era that Democratic media, taste makers, and primary voters were willing to temporarily erase his well documented disqualifying history and replace it in their minds with the image of Generic Democrat long enough hand him the nomination. His return to normalcy, much like every other promise he has made to anyone with less than seven figures, is a bold faced lie. A Biden nomination and Biden Presidency could absolutely not exist in a "normal" America.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If Biden running for President is indication he has been "vetted" then so has Bernie and so has Trump. The two people Biden supporters claim haven't been vetted.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

It is very cool to watch the Democratic Party undermine themselves on every principle they ostensibly stand for, thereby proving leftists correct that liberals will stab you in the front every single time if given half a chance, all for the sake of Joe loving Biden. A guy who has never been anyone's first choice on the national stage and who would be languishing in Senatorial obscurity if not for Barack Obama's need to prove to racist white people that he is a trustworthy Magical Negro.

Democrats will stick around because 30-40% of the country will still vote Democrat out of reflex but any sense that the Democratic Party will be able to effect long lasting, tangible, and positive change on the national level is all but dead.

Start organizing locally people, if you aren't already.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

mr whistler posted:

You mean the part where she stole from a charity, lied about it, refused to pay back the money, and then defamed them on twitter with made-up charges of animal neglect after she got caught?

Or are you referring to the dozens of scammy GoFundMes that she set up with made up stories of woe that are clearly benefit her that, when caught, she continued and continues to lie about?

Or maybe the part where she committed bankruptcy fraud, tries to manipulate her landlord by lying to him about said bankruptcy fraud, then posts accusatory messages about the landlord when caught?

sometimes bad things do happen to bad people. I'm inclined to believe tara reade because of the neighbor. Why would she tell a neighbor in 95? Is this some sort of extremely elaborate long con?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mat Cauthon posted:

It is very cool to watch the Democratic Party undermine themselves on every principle they ostensibly stand for, thereby proving leftists correct that liberals will stab you in the front every single time if given half a chance, all for the sake of Joe loving Biden.
This isn't even stabbing leftists in the front. This is like standing in front of you, lifting their sword, and stabbing themselves in the chest in hopes it comes out the other end and hits you.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

TBF it's not entirely unsurprising that the most hardcore supporters of the party that really wants to be the Republicans would eventually become indistinguishable from MAGA chuds. Up to and including fanatically supporting their rapist to own the libsleft.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Iron Twinkie posted:

To say that Joe Biden hasn't been vetted is not accurate. He has been repeatedly since he first ran for President in 1988 and has been found fundamentally unfit for the office each time. It is only in the Trump era that Democratic media, taste makers, and primary voters were willing to temporarily erase his well documented disqualifying history and replace it in their minds with the image of Generic Democrat long enough hand him the nomination. His return to normalcy, much like every other promise he has made to anyone with less than seven figures, is a bold faced lie. A Biden nomination and Biden Presidency could absolutely not exist in a "normal" America.

I was thinking about this yesterday. There are people out there that have had the experience of not voting for Biden any number of times.

This whole situation has really shown me a lot about what the Democrats are really like. Its terrible because they chose Biden. They had to get the entire party to work against the one guy that might actually help the climate and the poor because they didn't want to give up even a modicum of their power or ability to grift money from donors. This whole situation is showing me that it isn't choosing the right guy for the job. Its all about choosing the guy that keeps the status quo in place.

I believe Tara. I think the records should be unsealed and people should sift through them. We have many months of this bullshit ahead of us that all could have been avoided had they chosen a different liberal.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

This isn't even surprising, bunch of liberals defended Al Franken too, even here

And there was photographic evidence of him harassing Tweeden

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

mr whistler posted:

And yes, is it at least theoretically possible that she's lying? Is it worth considering that she might be, given everything else she has lied about in her life?

No.

You will NEVER have a perfect victim. Pick any victim of crime anywhere, and you will be able to dig up something in their past that makes you think "hmm sure maybe they're telling the truth this time, but look at this information about a time they did something wrong! Concerning!" Basically you're doing this Matt Bors comic:

"I believe women, so long as they are paragons of virtue" is not much better than "Cops shouldn't brutalize black people, but that thug had it coming." Be less of a trash person.

Lost Time
Sep 28, 2012

All necessities, provided. All anxieties, tranquilized. All boredom, amused.

VitalSigns posted:

Definitely. Biden's lies just get accepted because it's part of the game I guess.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/05/01/if-trump-is-a-pathological-liar-what-type-of-liar-is-biden/

quote:

Beyond his lies about his policy record, Biden has repeatedly lied with the intent of making himself appear to be honorable. He has often lied about how “he got involved in the Civil Rights movement” and how “he marched in the Civil Rights movement,” despite videos of him admitting this to be untrue. Also to court African American voters, he has repeatedly lied about getting arrested in South Africa attempting to visit Nelson Mandela in prison, an assertion that he has now admitted is untrue.

Attempting to make himself appear intelligent, Biden has lied about his academic record and his grades, lying about graduating in the top half of his law school class when in fact he graduated 76th in a class of 85. Then there is his infamous plagiarism that derailed his campaign to win the Democratic nomination for president in 1988. His plagiarizing of then British Labor Party leader Neil Kinnock brought attention to Biden’s previous plagiarism at Syracuse University College of Law.

quote:

One of the lesser-known Biden lies may not be as significant a lie for some journalists, but it is a lie that speaks loudly about Biden’s character—or lack thereof. Perhaps it is just me, but I find it especially pathetic when someone exploits family tragedy for political purposes with a lie that creates personal tragedy for someone else.

Specifically, it is Biden’s lie about the horrific traffic accident in 1972 that resulted in the tragic death of his first wife and his baby daughter, as well as resulting in severe injuries to his sons. The truth is that Biden’s then wife was hit by a truck after she drove into an intersection in which the truck had the right of way, and the police investigation cleared the truck’s driver from any blame. To gain greater sympathy for himself, Biden repeatedly lied to the public saying that the truck driver, Curtis Dunn, was a man who “drank his lunch instead of eating his lunch.” This falsehood of course deeply hurt Dunn. His family made many attempts to get Biden to correct it, and finally in 2009, after Curtis Dunn was dead, Biden called Dunn’s daughter to apologize.

Biden is a pathological liar, even pulling a Trump here with his grades. He's had a presidential campaign ended because of his lying, and this one should have ended too if Trump wasn't...Trump.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Libs are gonna sacrifice what's left of their sanity and integrity to beat Trump. Wonder how they're gonna handle it when they lose again?

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

is pepsi ok posted:

Libs are gonna sacrifice what's left of their sanity and integrity to beat Trump. Wonder how they're gonna handle it when they lose again?

They'll put their #MeToo hashtags back up and pretend it never happened, probably. It's not like they have anything remotely approaching shame.

We might get a few more Peter Daou-style conversions out of it. Watching people get more and more radicalized as centrism fails them has been good, though I wish it was happening faster.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

is pepsi ok posted:

there are routes for biden to win but tbh I wouldn't be shocked if they sacrificed what's left just to lose again. Biden's strategy of 'just hide' isn't gonna last forever

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

is pepsi ok posted:

In no particular order:

- Blame Bernie Sanders & those who were his base (eg. left)
- Also blame the Tara Reade story and put her on blast
- Insinuate Russia was involved with both Bernie & Reade
- Pretend that #MeToo still matters and should be fought for aggressively
- Complain that the centrists should have been courted by the Dems as its proof that the Left aren't their allies anymore
- Explain that Medicare For All was a terrible dream and will never work as evidence by the loss
- Biden, the most progressive presidential candidate ever, failed because progressivism doesn't work with US voters
- Fire various reporters for having spoken out against the Democratic party/MSM networks

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

At this point, supporting Brett Kavanaugh is a more morally defensible position than supporting Joe Biden. Accusations aside, at least people thought they were saving babies. Wtf could sacrificing your values possibly gain you from Joe “Don’t vote for me” Biden? A man so unwilling to act he’s rather lose your vote than give you anything.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Mekchu posted:

In no particular order:

- Blame Bernie Sanders & those who were his base (eg. left)
- Also blame the Tara Reade story and put her on blast
- Insinuate Russia was involved with both Bernie & Reade
- Pretend that #MeToo still matters and should be fought for aggressively
- Complain that the centrists should have been courted by the Dems as its proof that the Left aren't their allies anymore
- Explain that Medicare For All was a terrible dream and will never work as evidence by the loss
- Biden, the most progressive presidential candidate ever, failed because progressivism doesn't work with US voters
- Fire various reporters for having spoken out against the Democratic party/MSM networks

I really don't feel like the left has any real allies anymore. It seems like the democrats have nothing but disdain for us and our ideals.

I too have a very strong feeling that I am going to be blamed...again...for a loss if it happens. Last time I voted for Clinton and they still were angry with me for being a Sanders supporter. If I was on social media I bet it would have been pretty aggravating. This time I just can't vote for Biden. It is his status quo that brought us Trump. What happens if he wins. We get 2 years before the republicans take the house of room temperature neo liberal policies and then we get a repeat of the Obama presidency but with less competency. My only hope here is that the people Biden is saying he wants to put into positions in his cabinet just aren't true.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
we should be legally allowed to swirlie these people

https://twitter.com/TheGigconomist/status/1256757469776351234

COVID-19
Mar 2, 2020

by Cyrano4747

is pepsi ok posted:

They will go out to a nice restaurant and enjoy brunch. This is assuming the pandemic is over though :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The playbook to defend powerful men is always the same

Sexual assault is real and women should be believed, except this assault and this woman, she is crazy and doing it for attention and giving all the real victims a bad name. We have to slander and defame her to protect those other women (who we will also slander and defame for not being perfect enough to be victims)

You will get jam every other day, ladies