Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

That's because Blackreach owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
Buckle up, dragonborn.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Are you running more than 255 esps like the list suggests? I think that's a fatal problem there.

Is the issue new, and is this a new list?

There's 184 ESPs with 12 ESM so's below the limit.

nine-gear crow posted:

Ironically, it's probably RSC_USSEP_AventusFix.esp that's causing the infinite wheel at the main menu. The infinite menu was thanks to some weird bug specifically tied to Aventus Aretino, hence why that patch was needed. It's since been fixed in both USSEP and RS Children, so now ironically the patch actually causes the error it was supposed to fix. Try disabling it and see what happens.

I'll give that a go.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Berke Negri posted:

dawnguard is pretty great when you recontextualize it as the a-team in TES, its very dumb and mostly about kicking rear end

The Dawnguard side is enjoyable if you play it like the anti-vampire A-Team. I dislike the vampire side because everyone's a backstabbing dickbag, but I guess it does make sense. Having the anti-vampire A-Team is just more fun even if it is stupid.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

but why do they e.g. block out the sun now.

They... don't, the bow does that. They just said how to do it.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I always end up doing the vampire playthrough of Dawnguard on accident because there’s so much petty drama on that side and I just can’t resist it.

I’ve never once done a Dawnguard side playthrough I’m now realizing

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
You're not really missing anything

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Armored trolls are pretty cool imo

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rainbow Knight posted:

Armored trolls are pretty cool imo

I like their dogs, too. :3:

Actually, speaking of, there's a mod that lets your family adopt the huskies or the grave dogs!

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/35241

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Midnight Voyager posted:

I like their dogs, too. :3:

Actually, speaking of, there's a mod that lets your family adopt the huskies or the grave dogs!

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/35241

I played through the Vigilant mod for a second time when I was home sick and this time I thought to bring Al home with me and my daughter adopted him. So yeah I've got a monster dog from Coldharbour playing with my kids.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
It's been a year and change, time to get sucked back in to this nonsense.

I've pretty much only used SPERG as my primary overhaul and I feel like it might be worth switching it up this time. Is there a perk overhaul mod that you guys would particularly recommend?

Also considering actually playing through Dawnguard again but holky gently caress I don't wanna do the Soul Cairn poo poo and then the five billion year trek for the bow, anything that eases up either of those even a little?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Midnight Voyager posted:

The Dawnguard side is enjoyable if you play it like the anti-vampire A-Team. I dislike the vampire side because everyone's a backstabbing dickbag, but I guess it does make sense. Having the anti-vampire A-Team is just more fun even if it is stupid.

They... don't, the bow does that. They just said how to do it.

oh yeah i just meant the dawnguard side, ive never in all these years even tried the vampire side cause it just smelled dumb

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Berke Negri posted:

oh yeah i just meant the dawnguard side, ive never in all these years even tried the vampire side cause it just smelled dumb

The stuff before the soul cairn is interesting enough, lots of back stabby bits, but that's what I want from a vampire playthrough, I didn't play any further because I didn't want to do the soul cairn again.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

theshim posted:

It's been a year and change, time to get sucked back in to this nonsense.

I've pretty much only used SPERG as my primary overhaul and I feel like it might be worth switching it up this time. Is there a perk overhaul mod that you guys would particularly recommend?

Also considering actually playing through Dawnguard again but holky gently caress I don't wanna do the Soul Cairn poo poo and then the five billion year trek for the bow, anything that eases up either of those even a little?

I've been using Ordinator perk overhaul ever since special edition came out. The creator also has a more vanilla style overhaul, Vokrii, if you don't like how powerful you get with Ordinator.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

theshim posted:

Is there a perk overhaul mod that you guys would particularly recommend?

Use Vokrii if you wanna be a tough cool guy who does things the way you want. Use Ordinator if you want to be a WALKING GOD but only when you have a daedra summoned and chain three power attacks (forward, left, right) while also channeling a staff attack. The peaks are way higher with Ordinator but the bullshit you put up with to get there isn't worth it imho.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

boneration posted:

Use Vokrii if you wanna be a tough cool guy who does things the way you want. Use Ordinator if you want to be a WALKING GOD but only when you have a daedra summoned and chain three power attacks (forward, left, right) while also channeling a staff attack. The peaks are way higher with Ordinator but the bullshit you put up with to get there isn't worth it imho.

I used to hate Ordinator too for being way too goddamn gimmicky. But then I realised you can just pick the most straightforward perks (there's more than enough of those) and do great, ignoring whatever seems too situational. Besides, if you try to go back to vanilla perks or hell, even Vokrii... everything seems so boring and basic in comparison. Like, here's a five point dump of +poo poo% dam-:fuckoff:

I think I might have Ordinator Stockholm Syndrome, help.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

You guys are little noodle armed babies if you don't use Vokriinator Plus.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Vokriinator Plus is hilarious and insane but I shall never forgive it for making me see how much cooler Vokrii would be with SPERG's auto-perks.

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006
The mod guide is for the original version of Skyrim and not the SE version, right? Is there an SE modding guide somewhere?

Sorry if this on the first page, if it is I looked all over but must have missed it.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

i would suggest that you just take a look at the OP and get a feel for the kind of mods you like, then google for the SE versions of those mods or just similar mods instead. Also, there are... gently caress I can't remember what they're called. Like, mod packs or something? I know one of them is called Lexy's. Take a look at those imo

A Game of Chess
Nov 6, 2004

not as good as Turgenev
The Lexy's modlist is actually pretty insane, imo.

For my most recent install, I ended up using a very modified version of STEP and it turned out really well. I think I have around 210 plugins and the only crashes I ever have are by Heljarchen Hall, because I was an idiot and didn't read the comments before installing the Heljarchen Farm mod.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Oddly enough, Lexy's modlist through wabbajack has been my most stable experience outside of vanilla. I have a ~80 hour run going now and have crashed maybe 2-3 times total in it. Having so many other eyes on the same core list really helps hammer out conflicts.

theshim
May 1, 2012

I've managed to get it to the point that the game freezes on startup about 90% of the time.

When it gets to the Bethesda logo it works fine from there and I can play just fine but most of the time it freezes on a black screen with the ENB compiling shaders message. I figured ENB was the culprit and removed it, made no difference.

Currently reinstalling. I don't even know with this one. Like, for the game consistently freezing on startup that would be one thing, but sometimes it just decides to work? :confused: In short, Skyrim is a land of contrasts.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Try the SE Engine Fixes mod.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
My biggest problem with Ordinator was how pigeonholed it could make you with certain things. Like how you could only ever really use one forge/workbench/any other crafting table after you take those perks.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Orange Crush Rush posted:

My biggest problem with Ordinator was how pigeonholed it could make you with certain things. Like how you could only ever really use one forge/workbench/any other crafting table after you take those perks.

i mean with that stuff if you really wanted to switch bases or whatever you could just disassemble those crafting tables or whatever.

A Game of Chess
Nov 6, 2004

not as good as Turgenev

graynull posted:

Oddly enough, Lexy's modlist through wabbajack has been my most stable experience outside of vanilla. I have a ~80 hour run going now and have crashed maybe 2-3 times total in it. Having so many other eyes on the same core list really helps hammer out conflicts.

I mostly just meant because of some of the stuff it asks you to do with your graphical settings before you even install the mods. I didn’t have wabbajack but some of the requirements in the list itself put me off.

I’ve also probably had only 2-3 CTDs I consider “random” in a long run, which has been pretty good. I’m not using an ENB or anything super performance heavy, but I did install a lot of retextures.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

Try the SE Engine Fixes mod.
No effect. Last night it decided to run. Today it decided not to. Later it will probably decide to work again.

This is a weird one, I have to say.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is there a way to automatically organize mods in the ideal loading order with the mod organizer, or is there some other way to figure this out? Reinstalling Skyrim and I have to update all my old mods and can't remember how to organize em.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

Is there a way to automatically organize mods in the ideal loading order with the mod organizer, or is there some other way to figure this out? Reinstalling Skyrim and I have to update all my old mods and can't remember how to organize em.

use LOOT.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Okay, genuinely asking for help here.

When I run the SKSE exe through MO2, it takes around 15 seconds for the window to pop up, and when it does I usually get a black screen with the ENB text in the top left. It does not make it to the Bethesda logo - on the occasion that it does, the game functions fine. The game will hang there for approximately four minutes and then close. Removing ENB, both manually and using the ENB & ReShade Manager found at https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4143 has no effect - I get the same black screen for the same amount of time, just without the ENB text. From some searching I've done this looks like an issue with a dll of some sort, but I haven't the foggiest as to how to identify which one or how to fix it. Around once every day or two the game makes it to the Bethesda logo, at which point everything is gravy, which is what's really confusing me - if it just didn't work that would be one thing, but that it sometimes decides to work is really baffling.

plugins.txt is here: https://pastebin.com/1cdv5Nzb (The disabled bashed patch at the bottom was from when I was using SPERG, the enabled one is rebuilt this run using Ordinator.)

Would really appreciate assistance. :buddy:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Are there any good "Wizard Tower"-esque mods? I'm looking for something along the lines of Frostcrag Spire from Oblivion. While I know Caranthir Tower exists and is very, very well done, it just doesn't quite jive with me. I can't quite seem to find anything else that gives off the same master wizard vibe tho.

There a couple of full blown Winterhold makeovers, but I'd rather not plough through the College questline again.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Are there any good mods for making thieving more fun in Skyrim? The Thieves Guild kind of blows chunks in this game but they're the only reasonable avenue for fencing stolen poo poo.

Also, some mod is populating my world with invisible wolves. Anyone know what that might be?

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 11, 2020

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Internet Kraken posted:

Are there any good mods for making thieving more fun in Skyrim? The Thieves Guild kind of blows chunks in this game but they're the only reasonable avenue for fencing stolen poo poo.

Also, some mod is populating my world with invisible wolves. Anyone know what that might be?

Isn’t the fence accessible right after you join?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Rainbow Knight posted:

Isn’t the fence accessible right after you join?

Yeah but if you're someone who doesn't like fast traveling so much, having to go to Riften to unload stolen goods is a drag.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Internet Kraken posted:

Pretty sure there's a mod (but not sure if it was ported to SE) that deals with the real problem: every merchant in Skyrim psychically knowing that Potion of Strength was stolen off a shelf on the opposite end of the continent even when no one saw you take it.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Internet Kraken posted:

Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it -George Carlin

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Are there any good "Wizard Tower"-esque mods? I'm looking for something along the lines of Frostcrag Spire from Oblivion. While I know Caranthir Tower exists and is very, very well done, it just doesn't quite jive with me. I can't quite seem to find anything else that gives off the same master wizard vibe tho.

There a couple of full blown Winterhold makeovers, but I'd rather not plough through the College questline again.

Fyr Manor is great, if you're on SE use the converted/fixed version I made here.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah but if you're someone who doesn't like fast traveling so much, having to go to Riften to unload stolen goods is a drag.

just add the perk via console :v:

theshim
May 1, 2012

Rainbow Knight posted:

just add the perk via console :v:
That reminds me of the time I added myself the perk reward from the Stones of Barenziah just to see what it did, because gently caress actually doing that quest.

It's kind of insane how many gems the game just vomits out at you everywhere!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I loved that ordinator actually gave you a use for them.