Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Victoria's deputy chief health officer Dr. Annaliese van Diemen made a tweet: "Sudden arrival of an invader from another land, decimating populations, creating terror. Forces the population to make enormous sacrifices & completely change how they live in order to survive. COVID19 or Cook 1770?".
Since then there have been calls from many in the state opposition and people like Peter Dutton for her to resign or be sacked. The Victorian state premier Dan Andrews response was “There was a tweet posted on a day off and if that’s the biggest issue of this global pandemic, well I don’t agree with that" and continued on to say they were somewhat busy with other issues at the moment.

Pope:

The man is Chinese ambassador Jingye Cheng.
The woman is Minister for Foreign Affairs Marise Payne.
The dog is mining billionaire Andrew "Twiggy" Forrest.

Rowe 1:

Rowe 2:

Zanetti:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
thanks, but the gun-toting mouth-frothers brought their own nazi signs

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

"Apple Pie Hubbub" posted:

What?

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

The joke that would make sense to me here is that Pence is wearing a mask to cover his eyes lest his gaze fall upon the sinful flesh of a woman who is not Mother. And that would actually be a decent joke, if a little contrived.

But the mask is clearly not drawn to cover the eyes, so it's a mystery to me what it really means. Probably Democrats or Millennials are at fault somehow.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
ah both sides of the argument: it's the person in charge's fault vs it's the fault of someone not in charge

truly maybe the truth does lie somewhere in the middle?

StarPilot87
Dec 31, 2012

wizzardstaff posted:

The joke that would make sense to me here is that Pence is wearing a mask to cover his eyes lest his gaze fall upon the sinful flesh of a woman who is not Mother. And that would actually be a decent joke, if a little contrived.

But the mask is clearly not drawn to cover the eyes, so it's a mystery to me what it really means. Probably Democrats or Millennials are at fault somehow.

Pence was the only one to not wear a mask during a tour of the Mayo clinic, despite being told to wear one prior to arriving.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/pence-flouts-mayo-clinic-policy-touring-facility-without-mask-n1194556

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

StarPilot87 posted:

Pence was the only one to not wear a mask during a tour of the Mayo clinic, despite being told to wear one prior to arriving.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/pence-flouts-mayo-clinic-policy-touring-facility-without-mask-n1194556
Yeah that was in all the news.

...and?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Say that Trump is spreading conspiracy theories about covid-19, you loving coward!

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

I genuinely like Rowe's style, but geez does he put in so many characters. It gets incredibly confusing at times.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

InsertPotPun posted:

ah both sides of the argument: it's the person in charge's fault vs it's the fault of someone not in charge

truly maybe the truth does lie somewhere in the middle?

One side brings guns to a rally, but then again the other side said something mean about Trump. They're virtually the same!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh no not the economy

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Maybe it's time to bring back "people are dead" edits.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the UK's route out of lockdown – Boris Johnson has promised to set out next week how schools and workplaces could safely reopen once lockdown restrictions were eased"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

After JW Waterhouse.

Times:

'He’s just a wonderful man': how Captain Tom became a superstar fundraiser

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... The coronavirus 'R' value and Boris Johnson's new baby

Stephen Collins:

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Why does the british media love bojo so mouch? Even their centrist and some of the "left" papers are absolutely googoo eyed over the simian oaf.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
The British media is created by Tories as Tory propaganda.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

bandaid.friend posted:

Look at Joe Biden's huge balls

Since this is Branco I can honestly not decide whether or not "hypocrats" is used as some kinda weak joke or if he actually thinks that's how it's spelled.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Why does the british media love bojo so mouch? Even their centrist and some of the "left" papers are absolutely googoo eyed over the simian oaf.

Only the Independent and the Guardian aren't thoroughly in the tank for the conservatives. They merely think they're better than the other options.

All the country's newspapers are owned by six or so insanely rich tories.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

He shouldn't besmirch the noble Pangolin so. They didn't ask for this, and don't deserve to be Trump's hair by association.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
Figured this was the place to ask, I'm looking for a cartoon posted probably in USPOL the last week or so. I did some googling and looked through the last week of this thread and haven't found it.

The cartoon had Democratic strategists looking at a spectrum of candidates and deciding they needed someone infinitesimally to the left of Trump, because everyone to the left of the Dem candidate would of course vote for them. So they choose Ronald Hump, a Trump clone who is ever so slightly less bad, then no one votes for him in the election.

If someone could help me find that I'd appreciate it

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
That was a Tom the Dancing bug I think

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Pilchenstein posted:

That was a Tom the Dancing bug I think

Yup, May 24th of 2019 https://www.gocomics.com/tomthedancingbug/2019/05/24

thanks!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

IMGUR link, the easier to repost where appropriate:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Xander77 posted:

IMGUR link, the easier to repost where appropriate:

Since this gets requested so much, I'm just gonna go ahead and add it to the OP. Thanks Xan!

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Apart from what other people have said, bojo was a journalist before (and at the same time as) he was a politician. So to the media people he's One Of Us

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

I loving hate everything.

Lester hits us with the omega-strawman, followed by Payne pointing out two things that are completely different in an effort to defend Pence. No you're right Payne, the media is totally ignoring the Biden sexual assault issue which is why it's the only other thing I hear about aside from COVID.

Just gently caress off.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's extremely cool that literally everything, including how we handle a loving plague, is subject to this dumb culture war bullshit.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Grimdude posted:

I loving hate everything.

Lester hits us with the omega-strawman, followed by Payne pointing out two things that are completely different in an effort to defend Pence. No you're right Payne, the media is totally ignoring the Biden sexual assault issue which is why it's the only other thing I hear about aside from COVID.

Just gently caress off.

wait...is mike pence laying on the ground kicking his legs? who the gently caress is that guy pointing at?

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

InsertPotPun posted:

wait...is mike pence laying on the ground kicking his legs? who the gently caress is that guy pointing at?

I think it's supposed to be Biden's leg as he's running. Though that doesn't answer what the reporter is pointing at on the ground.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Grimdude posted:

I think it's supposed to be Biden's leg as he's running. Though that doesn't answer what the reporter is pointing at on the ground.
also, the horse in the picture has a giant erection.
just sayin'

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ague Proof posted:

The British media is created by Tories as Tory propaganda.

It's more than arguable that the Tories - certainly post-Major and possibly post-Thatcher - have been created by the British media.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"The end of the old order – Coronavirus will change society, but for whose benefit?"

Sunday Telegraph:

Sunday Times:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Gaybies Nomination: Worst Cartoon About a Tragedy (Covid-19)

Fuckit, if Covid isn't already a category, I'm making it one now :colbert:

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Covid-19 is gonna have so many cartoons its probally better to make more than one catagory:

Worst overall Covid-19 cartoon
Worst Covid-19 cartoon (Outdoors theme)
Worst Covid-19 cartoon (Isolation theme)
Most crazy Non-Garrison Covid-19 conspiracy themed cartoon
Most Willfully Dense Lockdown Response Cartoon

marathon Stairmaster sesh fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 3, 2020

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

the_steve posted:

Fuckit, if Covid isn't already a category, I'm making it one now :colbert:

I'm not sure there's any point; it's doubtful whether there are going to be enough cartoons this year not about Covid to fill a category. The "2020's worst cartoon about Covid" category is just "2020's worst cartoon".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

InsertPotPun posted:

The white void behind him is framed by a set of curtains, so I'm assuming he's pointing out a window.