Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

you ever get closed-eye hallucinations while pretty stoned? it's a cool effect

no but sometimes I go out into the woods around late afternoon, lay down and look up through the branches and after a bit it looks like someone pressed the "invert colors" button in ms paint

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

And so go the daily deals. Keeping this house in Jah's gift just got fuckier. Inevitable, but drat.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

you ever get closed-eye hallucinations while pretty stoned? it's a cool effect

I just close my eyes and rub them and I can hallucinate without the weed

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Got my dad hooked up with a bunch of that hash, some good flower and some edibles. Hopefully my mom doesn't consume it all :ohdear:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
If y'all are smoking weed you sure as gently caress ain't postin about it and I'm disappointed

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

If y'all are smoking weed you sure as gently caress ain't postin about it and I'm disappointed

Ice bonging rn atm irl

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I keep trying to pack my vapcap and finding that it's already packed. I think it might be enchanted.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

bagmonkey posted:

oh i'm woking the smeed buddy

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
I got my hammock set up since it's finally decent out. Got a couple City Lights slugs packed for the vape, some beers in ice, and got laid off yesterday so no plans for the weekend.

It's not much but it's mine
https://imgur.com/a/8e33553

Antioch fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 2, 2020

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
i feel like you guys will appreciate my lunch and i want to brag. it was really good.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

zer0spunk posted:

oh i'm woking the smeed buddy

Poke smot Hahahaha.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

red19fire posted:

Poke smot Hahahaha.

I'm sad popular culture isn't using the term pot as much any more.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

The Walrus posted:

i feel like you guys will appreciate my lunch and i want to brag. it was really good.

What's your animal situation?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

pnumoman posted:

I'm sad popular culture isn't using the term pot as much any more.

The ninja turtles made everyone feel gross about it

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
I took a hit of sativa and just spent the last fifteen minutes comparing and contrasting old Tycho albums to see which one I ultimately would purchase and download in FLAC off Bandcamp. Company of the year right there for the FLAC option.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

el B posted:

What's your animal situation?

https://i.imgur.com/xGeJdlh.mp4

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

The Walrus posted:

That looks like something that would belong in a pig trough, tbh.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
It looks like Hot Chicken which would be real fuckin' tasty right now.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Antioch posted:

It looks like Hot Chicken which would be real fuckin' tasty right now.

I haven’t had real hot chicken in years and oh man do I want some now. The kind that just straight up clears your sinuses entirely.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

I'm a little worried I made something terrifying. That's half an ounce worth in that tiny bit of butter lol

Wish I'd grabbed more butter tbh, a full jar would be a lot more satisfying. Are there any obvious fuckups from this picture btw? There was only like 3 steps basically for making this stuff so I don't think I screwed up, but better safe than sorry

namely i'm concerned about the floaty bits

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

klapman posted:

I'm a little worried I made something terrifying. That's half an ounce worth in that tiny bit of butter lol

Wish I'd grabbed more butter tbh, a full jar would be a lot more satisfying. Are there any obvious fuckups from this picture btw? There was only like 3 steps basically for making this stuff so I don't think I screwed up, but better safe than sorry

namely i'm concerned about the floaty bits

As long as you decarbed properly you shouldn't have any issues. Most of the homemade butters just taste nasty as gently caress, which is kinda inevitable without chemical or industrial processing, and it will probably be much more of a body high than anything given how home decarbing usually goes. But in terms of potency and all that, you should be fine. But seriously, the taste will be nasty. Even in pill form, my burps for the next half hour or so make me nearly gag from the stench of weed vegetation.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Yeah, for my first little test dose I sopped up everything left in the bowl with a piece of bread and holy gently caress lol. Absolutely vile taste. I'm gonna bring something to wash it down with next time.

Also I forgot to hit hte post button but yeah the uhhh the potency's not a problem lol. it's barely been an hour and i'm already getting pretty hosed up I think. i have been known to hype myself up though so we'll see

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
ok no this is not a loving drill

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
word up, check out this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSDS_Tsjis8

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Entorwellian posted:

That looks like something that would belong in a pig trough, tbh.

??? wtf dude, ya delicious crunchy breaded fried chicken in extremely large proportions. for the pigs I say!

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Well I'm out until Mass re-opens or I get lucky with delivery guys but I doubt the 50 year old iranian guy from door dash has weed.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Finally had to order my second quarantine relief package. Actually managed some nice deals, only got a half ounce of flower but a bunch of different oil products.

Got this so-called "elite distillate" and it's literally 92+% THC. I don't think I've ever had anything that strong and this poo poo is gnarly, you can only hit it once at a time really and if you hit it too hard you're gone. Yesterday I ended up taking a 20 mile bike ride in the middle of the day while it was like 90 degrees because I felt too high to be inside lol

good poo poo.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I turned my oz of ABV into a batch of brownies with coconut oil replacing the butter. double boiled the coconut oil and abv for 2hrs @80C on my stove then did a lovely job of straining the abv of as much oil as possible (then bought some cheese cloth for next time)

didnt think it would do much but every time I eat one I dont remember anything until I wake up on the couch about 10hrs later.

so I guess they are pretty good really.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

I really like the Sir Mix-a-lot remix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxhXuIypRl0

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Laserface posted:

I turned my oz of ABV into a batch of brownies with coconut oil replacing the butter. double boiled the coconut oil and abv for 2hrs @80C on my stove then did a lovely job of straining the abv of as much oil as possible (then bought some cheese cloth for next time)

didnt think it would do much but every time I eat one I dont remember anything until I wake up on the couch about 10hrs later.

so I guess they are pretty good really.

imagine reading this post and thinking "no... this is all wrong... that weed belongs in the trash....."

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

poverty goat posted:

imagine reading this post and thinking "no... this is all wrong... that weed belongs in the trash....."

Imagine not realizing ABV varies greatly in potency and making dumb blanket statements.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

can you remove taste and odor from weed butter using activated carbon? idk, would probably take some of the butter taste too but might work. Then just filter it through a coffee filter

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Imagine not realizing ABV varies greatly in potency and making dumb blanket statements.

dumb blanket statements like "all abv is worthless and nobody should use it for anything"?

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
So trip report, the thing is insanely strong and so from now on i'm gonna keep it frozen and take literal shavings of this drat butter lmfao. Incredible. This poo poo's gonna keep me rolling for a month solid

Antioch posted:

I really like the Sir Mix-a-lot remix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxhXuIypRl0

this is sick

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Took the plunge and ordered a Fury 2. I smoke so little at a time that I can make an ounce last for months, so I'm looking forward to getting even more milage courtesy of vapes

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
ABV edibles are good for exactly what that guy described in my experience. Knocking you the gently caress out and (in my experience) making you groggy for the next two days.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
for me when it comes to edibles there's a pretty narrow band between "frustrated I didn't take enough" and "total loving nightmare" so chaos weed like ABV is kinda hard to deal with

here's been my experience with it:

.25g - just getting my feet wet, it was enough to feel the effects but I wasn't exactly high
.5g - definitely stoned this time, but thought I was just a little bit off where I wanted to be, so I figured I'd do a little more next time
.7g - felt a bit nauseous right away, and within 45 minutes was higher than I've ever been in my life, like full-on panicking and taking my wife's CBD to try to calm myself down a bit. music was freaking me out, couldn't walk around cuz my legs felt like they were 300 lbs apiece, so I just laid in bed and watched Impractical Jokers for 2 hours, feeling intense anxiety for the guys on the show. woke up and was still high, felt a little nice but I was so physically drained that I just couldn't do much. took until like 5 PM to dissipate.
.4g - for some reason I tried this again. got me feelin' alright but again I wasn't quite stoned so I took a few hits off the vape pen. now I was "in the zone" so to speak but I noticed that night (about 5 hours after taking the ABV) that the high was getting more intense, which was weird. at some point I couldn't stop shivering, even though I wasn't really all that cold. started getting those weird thought spirals again but I just slept it off.
.3g - this time went alright, just a little pleasant high but nothing too notable, wore off after about 3.5 hours

tldr, I have no idea how to properly take this poo poo

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
Don't eat abv you already vaped the good poo poo out of it.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
counterpoint, if you have nothing else eating it is better than smoking it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Agrinja posted:

Don't eat abv you already vaped the good poo poo out of it.

If this were true nobody would eat it