Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Rauros posted:

i'm in a college town in georgia, and it's a lost cause. yesterday, when i had to carefully run through town to connect my isolated trail loop, a bunch of road runners were running in tight groups without a care in the world.

Burn Zone posted:

the south is so hosed.

tons of churches decided today was the day to start having in-person services again. death cult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

this country is absolutely hosed lol

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

gonna be rad when these folks learn that UV light degrades all sorts of materials

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

a.lo posted:

Bubsy makes me angry for some reason. Actually I know the reason. It's the unfathomably disgusting art style and the horrific shrill demon summoning voice samples and guttural sound FX. This sinful combination of sight and sound is truly 'I want to put my fist through the tv' rage inducing. I can't even watch 5 minutes of this playthrough

this except the audio of every zelda game

THANKS HEART BEEP

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Burn Zone posted:

the south is so hosed.

tons of churches decided today was the day to start having in-person services again. death cult.

Death hymn season is back, baby!

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

shovelbum posted:

So are we going to try a nuclear first strike against China? We could probably leave China an irradiated heap while only losing all of our major cities and some infrastructure in return and chuds hate that poo poo. The size of the arsenals is really really lopsided in our favor.

We're more likely to do some loving around with putting aircraft carriers near some of the rocks China claims in the South China Sea, make a show of supporting Taiwan (waiting for the Trump LIBERATE TAIWAN tweet lmfao), maybe have a little adventure involving a Chinese owned rare-Earth metal mine in Africa. We're still a few months away from a nuclear strike.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

POTUS will be doing a townhall on the virus

https://mobile.twitter.com/PressSec/status/1255584262121807879

https://mobile.twitter.com/ForTheRuleOfLaw/status/1256245673483218944

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

moist turtleneck posted:

The people from offspring are overweight but still sound hella good in concert

One singer from 311 is a vampire and the other one got hit by age stick hard as hell and sweat through his shirt halfway through the first song

i will always respect 311 because they kicked a drunk scott stapp's rear end in a hotel lobby bar. even though my brain always wants to remember the story as the deftones.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/scott-stapp-and-311-brawl-100131/

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Agrajag posted:

like cmon it only took 3 weeks of quarantine but not quarantine to make most of white america into even bigger hollerin' nutjobs

we are so not prepared for any kind of hardship

And to think Americans are also lusting for a war with China too, as if they wouldn't draft Billy straight out of Big State U to die on the beaches of hainan

mystes
May 31, 2006

Since coronavirus is such a nothingburger, they should allow chuds to come ask questions in person.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/sfchronicle/status/1257007649440309248?s=20

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

mystes posted:

Since coronavirus is such a nothingburger, they should allow chuds to come ask questions in person.

Also, will there be an audience/will they wear masks

mystes
May 31, 2006

I bet he flies on normal southwest flights all the time.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

uh huh :thunk:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

At this point the desire of the Chuds to kill us has become active and intentional vs. the old passive not giving a gently caress about anyone else.

I'm waiting for the first 'stand your ground' case against someone shooting someone that ignores distancing (even though there won't be one because the kind of person who would do a stand your ground shooting is the kind of person doing the ignoring).

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

shovelbum posted:

So are we going to try a nuclear first strike against China? We could probably leave China an irradiated heap while only losing all of our major cities and some infrastructure in return and chuds hate that poo poo. The size of the arsenals is really really lopsided in our favor.

The US will never declare war. They'll be trying to kick China's economy in the shins which will be hilariously ineffective.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Thoguh posted:

At this point the desire of the Chuds to kill us has become active and intentional vs. the old passive not giving a gently caress about anyone else.

I'm waiting for the first 'stand your ground' case against someone shooting someone that ignores distancing (even though there won't be one because the kind of person who would do a stand your ground shooting is the kind of person doing the ignoring).

I love that the chuds are so willing to die for their cause even though we're mostly not at plague risk and they bigly are

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Airplanes are actually probably super safe right now because they are empty and the pilots and flight attendents have strong unions to ensure cleaning takes place. So he's not wrong. But it's only true for as long as they are empty.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
We're not planning to declare war. Trump and his sycophants are just spinning out whatever bullshit they can to deflect blame from themselves.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Zeroisanumber posted:

We're not planning to declare war. Trump and his sycophants are just spinning out whatever bullshit they can to deflect blame from themselves.

Overwhelming first strike is October surprise

Missing Donut
Apr 24, 2003

Trying to lead a middle-aged life. Well, it's either that or drop dead.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Death hymn season is back, baby!

Closer my god to thee?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020...k&ICID=ref_fark

Doomsday prepper spent $1 million on prepping, couldn’t afford mortgage when his wife became terminally ill. Now he says coronavirus is worse than anything he prepped for

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I applaud the US's decision to sacrifice millions of their citizens to the ICU meatgrinder to keep the world economy afloat. Dying is a tough job, but someone gotta do it. Godspeed, plague nation :patriot:

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
The perfect outcome of all of this that the US actually tries to nuke China but like all of our weapons systems developed post-1945, Trident missiles and MIRVs don’t actually work.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Burn Zone posted:

the south is so hosed.

remember, this whole social distancing, business-closing "flatten the curve" thing only lasted about ten days, then Lloyd Blankfein said "the cure is worse than the disease" and Trump jumped onboard with having everything opened back up by Easter.

Right on cue they turned the whole thing into a culture war issue and this poo poo was an inevitability.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Steve Yun posted:

Doomsday prepper spent $1 million on prepping, couldn’t afford mortgage when his wife became terminally ill. Now he says coronavirus is worse than anything he prepped for

everything in this is great.

he’s wearing a goddam norwegian cruise line t shirt in the picture of him showing off food barrels

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Rhesus Pieces posted:

remember, this whole social distancing, business-closing "flatten the curve" thing only lasted about ten days, then Lloyd Blankfein said "the cure is worse than the disease" and Trump jumped onboard with having everything opened back up by Easter.

Right on cue they turned the whole thing into a culture war issue and this poo poo was an inevitability.

Right-wingers will let themselves get punched in the face by their own representatives and then blame other people if it hurt too much.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

i mean, given how everything is opening up and people are acting like there's not still a deadly virus on the rise, he's probably not wrong :v:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Steve Yun posted:

This summary sells the guy short. He donated all of 15,000 lbs of his prepper food to Puerto Rico in 2017.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

if there's escalating hostilities anywhere it'll probably be Venezuela, police and a citizens militia there just absolutely open palm slammed a bunch of US-backed mercs into their early graves without our guys even getting a shot off, I can't imagine that won't rankle some old School of Americas chuds

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

I mean the planes are 95% empty and hepa air filtered right now so yeah, I guess so. 6ft is easy when you have 4 whole rows to yourself.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Rhesus Pieces posted:

american capitalism cannot tolerate even emergency social support, only grinding the working class into dust for more wealth

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Did this dumb poo poo get posted

quote:

Gov. Tate Reeves (R) said he wants to reopen Mississippi as soon as possible, despite what he characterized as a “one-day blip” after coronavirus cases soared over a 24-hour period last week.

Reeves said during a news conference on Friday he had intended to announce a relaxing of safer-at-home orders but instead shared the news that there were 392 cases in the state in the past 24 hours.

On “Fox News Sunday,” Reeves told host Chris Wallace that the state had since analyzed the data and found the number of cases appeared higher because more tests were done. He said that finding led him to conclude the state could further relax social distancing requirements, beyond his earlier announcement that retail stores could reopen beginning April 27.

Reeves has said he wants the entire state to open “as soon as possible” but has not provided definitive palns.

“What we found was it was really a data dump,” Reeves explained on the Fox news show.

Showing a graphic illustrating that the daily increase in the number of cases in Mississippi throughout April remained in the 200s, Wallace questioned whether Reeves should consider reopening since the state’s cases haven’t declined over the past two weeks. The White House has recommended states reopen only after their numbers show a decrease over two weeks.

“Mississippi is different than New York,” Reeves responded, adding that his state’s hospitals aren’t at capacity. He said he has spoken to Deborah Birx, coordinator of the White House coronavirus task force, and that they agreed Mississippi has never had an extreme outbreak.

When asked about the protesters who gathered at the state’s capitol last weekend, Reeves said most of the demonstrators had voted for him in the last election and that he relates to their frustrations with the economic downturn that closures have caused.

“I understand, and I feel their pain,” he said. “We’re doing everything in our power to get our state opened as soon as possible.”

Reeves said case numbers have been low throughout the weekend. He said he will report later Sunday that the state had fewer than 110 cases in the past 24 hours.

High numbers were a blip! But thinking about thos low weekend numbers... OPEN ER UP!

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

mrmcd posted:

I mean the planes are 95% empty and hepa air filtered right now so yeah, I guess so. 6ft is easy when you have 4 whole rows to yourself.

This is the first time in history people are turning down free upgrades to first class because the 8-16 seats there have more people than anywhere else in the plane due to the lack of frequent business travelers flying now

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Rhesus Pieces posted:

everyone just wants one more trip on the merry go round before the park closes for good

no more difference between nihilism and ignorance, so I guess i'll get high as gently caress and play some satisfactory

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

mrmcd posted:

i don't think all the flights are empty

https://twitter.com/evankirstel/status/1255270175525527552

edit: in case anyone weirdly wants to defend the airlines here and say "it's just nyc" there are reports and videos of this happening on tons of routes

COVID-420 has issued a correction as of 19:34 on May 3, 2020

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
good thing drone operators can work from home
:obama:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Inceltown posted:

For something a little different forums user lungfish has just come off a 100,000 hour probe and started posting.

this is the funniest thing that will happen today

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Lambert posted:

I don't get going to concerts. Do you guys not know about Spotify and buying beer at the supermarket?

https://youtu.be/Nd1nZAwaqcs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

weird you'd think they would start locking the windows if people are just falling out like that!

https://twitter.com/Billbrowder/status/1257013566663806976