Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

1,000 deaths a day is the new normal lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

50% operating capacity for beef, pork, and chicken. Only 1.5 million hogs killed last week compared to 2.7 million normally. The cut out (whole animal) price after slaughter for a cow hit $375, up from $293 this week. The last time there was a huge price spike was 2015 when it hit $260.

cut as much meat as u can prices in the city forced me to do it months ago i think more or less on purpose

dont stock up stock up on alternatives working families need ground beef etc etc

sourdough bros should learn to stew & reduce consumption imo

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Nonsense posted:

HEB started limiting amounts of meat you can buy last Monday. I'm glad they thought ahead to the eventual run on meat. People are still grilling every other day :\

Yeah he told me to get all your meat buying done in the next few days because after that the supply chain will be dry

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

mastershakeman posted:

I'm working on executing the dog, yes. But using official process to do it, so first step is trying to get it impounded. How unlucky for the owner that our picture of my kids back shows 4 puncture wounds and just one seemingly qualifies a dog for special "vicious animal" status

I think dealing with everyone's selfishness about covid for 2 months and now this flipped a switch and I really, really want a gun and to find that dog so I get why cooling off periods for buying weapons apply

Basically at this point paths and sidewalks are useless. You either stay at home, walk/bike in roads or walk only in open muddy fields

Good luck with getting the dog put down. Don't be surprised if it doesn't work. Dog owners will not admit that they have an animal that needs killing ime.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

pancake rabbit posted:

incredible levels of being extremely not mad online

https://twitter.com/SecPompeo/status/1257022823882727425

yellow peril

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Relevant Tangent posted:

Good luck with getting the dog put down. Don't be surprised if it doesn't work. Dog owners will not admit that they have an animal that needs killing ime.

How much experience do you have with this

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Yesh posted:

conspiracy theory: the GOP is encouraging chuds to mingle with roni because the party thinks that killing off their base is the only way to salvage the party while still appearing trumpy

this is obv wrong since the GOP can't plan long-term

They known corona will hit harder in places with higher population densities (Blue States mostly) and they can just blame Democratic governors when all the unmasked and squeezed together chud protesters suddenly get the virus. It’s just shifting the rhetoric to “Oh we are doing great but the Democrats are loving it all up” and they are set

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/WBUR/status/1257036215435644942?s=20

We've been hitting 150-225 reported daily deaths for 3 weeks now.

Things might - might - be slowing down now as most of the nursing homes have finished their transitions into morgues. Too early to tell.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Agrajag posted:

yellow peril

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPjsoYfTxj4

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Woofer posted:

How much experience do you have with this

more than I'd like, I had really bad neighbors a long time ago

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
small amounts w/thick gravy over rice can feed a family

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

seattle plague rat posted:

cut as much meat as u can prices in the city forced me to do it months ago i think more or less on purpose

dont stock up stock up on alternatives working families need ground beef etc etc

smugly sits on a mountain of ramen and that korean/japanese cup noodle stuff

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
otoh some will be able to afford better quality by shopping less frequently & support local grass fed

Agrajag posted:

smugly sits on a mountain of ramen and that korean/japanese cup noodle stuff

oh buddy w/plenty of broth and i have been doing seared tofu smothered in chili crisp or even a egg helps

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Nonsense posted:

HEB started limiting amounts of meat you can buy last Monday. I'm glad they thought ahead to the eventual run on meat. People are still grilling every other day :\

you’ll see this start turning around on e it starts affecting “i just wanna grill” guy

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

My Costco meat manager buddy forwarded me their meat department inventory weekly report and it looks absolutely apocalyptic

I got beans until dawn. Just gonna be laughing and farting and eating beans while boomer scum are sobbing over their cold, dark grills.

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Zeroisanumber posted:

I got beans until dawn. Just gonna be laughing and farting and eating beans while boomer scum are sobbing over their cold, dark grills.

for people who can't hoard consumers will just shift to the pulse/legume market after the media tells them to and drive that supply chain into exhaustion too

GATES FOUNDATION has issued a correction as of 21:20 on May 3, 2020

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

50% operating capacity for beef, pork, and chicken. Only 1.5 million hogs killed last week compared to 2.7 million normally. The cut out (whole animal) price after slaughter for a cow hit $375, up from $293 this week. The last time there was a huge price spike was 2015 when it hit $260.

2020 hamberder riots

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Has the US not been limiting meat sales? Here there were limits imposed by supermarkets on how much ground meat customers could buy when toilet paper and other staples fell victim to panic buying.

The limits have been lifted now but there was a period once the supply stabilised when ground meat plummeted in price.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

euphronius posted:

1,000 deaths a day is the new normal lmao

Even weekend numbers are way past that, and regular weekdays are past 2000/day

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Get your last fastfood cheeseburgers while you can folks, who knows when you'll next be able to dine on an Ultimate Cheeseburger.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

if i cant get my big mac there's gonna be a big problem

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

https://twitter.com/WBUR/status/1257036215435644942?s=20

We've been hitting 150-225 reported daily deaths for 3 weeks now.

Things might - might - be slowing down now as most of the nursing homes have finished their transitions into morgues. Too early to tell.

*Ron Howard voice* "The old are only the first to die, next will be the ones with the breathing problems, then random schmoes. ENJOY!

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
glad I have like 2 drawers overflowing with curry powder for when the meat dries up. don’t give a gently caress

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Lolie posted:

Has the US not been limiting meat sales? Here there were limits imposed by supermarkets on how much ground meat customers could buy when toilet paper and other staples fell victim to panic buying.

The limits have been lifted now but there was a period once the supply stabilised when ground meat plummeted in price.

no ppl grab what they can we have enormous supply on hand anyway

somebody in a prev thred ssaid youd see food service containers on the shelves before its all done

chik fil a is direct mailing their inventory

we have so much tied up in the supply chain & commercial fast food the could feed everyone on unemployment mcdonalds for 2 months

alarm about the slaughterhouses is an indication some rural states w/aggresively dumb executive leadership aint gonna stay open for long & we could be hosed by the end of the summer

but tbh & imo the national guard could slaughter hogs safely just more slowly & we have good local meat supplies in many areas def not just big cities

i still think itll be fine but maybe drop down to every other day because i am nothing if not historically stupid & wrong

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

As long as I have chips I'm good

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Thoguh posted:

Airplanes are actually probably super safe right now because they are empty and the pilots and flight attendents have strong unions to ensure cleaning takes place. So he's not wrong. But it's only true for as long as they are empty.

Companies were telling flight attendants to self-monitor and still show up for work after they'd been exposed to someone with the virus.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

I haven't eaten meat in like 7 weeks at this point and my powerlifting numbers keep going up up up while my weight stabilizes probably about 15 pounds below pre-pandemic maintenance (I don't own a scale)

I've got a couple pounds of ground beef in my freezer I haven't touched bc I'm low key paranoid I'll feel like poo poo if I eat meat after going without for so long

meat's a scam, food is a conspiracy, wake up sheeple

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Airplanes are actually probably super safe right now because they are empty and the pilots and flight attendents have strong unions to ensure cleaning takes place. So he's not wrong. But it's only true for as long as they are empty.

SouthWest make their FA's clean sooooooooo.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

when the meat goes away just remember that while eating nothing but rabbits will give you protein poisoning, making a meat-shake out of blended rabbits mixed with pre-workout powder gives you a lifetime of sick gains

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Rabbit has way too many bones, I don't recommend it.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lambert posted:

Even weekend numbers are way past that, and regular weekdays are past 2000/day

Luv to move the goalposts but not far enough that my opponent didn't already score a touchdown

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
this feels like a pretty good time to be a vegetarian, but a bad time to be an american. gently caress

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
just kidding, it's always a bad time to be an american when you're poor

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

gently caress SNEEP posted:

if i cant get my big mac there's gonna be a big problem

Some of the Wendy's here have disallowed getting double and triple beef burgers because of the beef shortage

I don't know why but I feel this little thing may be the Catalyst that starts a global conflict cuz that's such an American thing for us to do

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Lambert posted:

Rabbit has to be stewed with chicken

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

do you know that you can just not eat meat?

It's true

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

lollllllll hell yeah.

yet another change that's happening because of covid that honestly should be a permanent change, like work-from-home and $1200/month

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!
the people can have a little carnism, as a treat

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Lambert posted:

100,000 coyotes can't be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Lambert posted:

Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew