Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Thoguh posted:

Lmao at all levels of government just giving up on requiring masks because it makes 10% of people mad.

didnt the state party threaten dewines daughters political career if he refused to sacrifice blood to number

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

KaptainKrunk posted:

the hardcore trumpers, far-right militia guys, 3%ers, etc. are the footsoldiers and the vanguard of capital

theyre called 3%ers but theyre like 65% of americans lmao

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

lol that this will get more coverage than the amazon strikers

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

FAUXTON posted:

just what in the gently caress is this

this takes me back to highschool when all my friends were trying to look like Trunks from dragonball

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Squizzle posted:

didnt the state party threaten dewines daughters political career if he refused to sacrifice blood to number

Yes

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

KaptainKrunk posted:

so we're on track today to surpass or at the very least meet the numbers for last Sunday, which likely means another week similar fatalities (1900~ per day)

just laffin at how dumb the IHME model is
was someone astute enough in the media and also permitted to point out there was a prediction of 60,000 total deaths trumpeted by the administration and we blew past that in like a few weeks

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Hah, I got allergic to red meat a couple years back so I am already impervious to ground beef prices.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

comedyblissoption posted:

was someone astute enough in the media and also permitted to point out there was a prediction of 60,000 total deaths trumpeted by the administration and we blew past that in like a few weeks

the funniest thing is that the IHME model just shows every day from here on out going lower and lower but yet we had like the 2nd or 3rd highest number of cases on friday lol

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/MichaelDoudna/status/1257049515946725376

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Scarodactyl posted:

Hah, I got allergic to red meat a couple years back so I am already impervious to ground beef prices.

Did you get bitten by a tick?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

facetoucher cat posted:

If so you can still eat long pig or any other great ape

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Lonestar is legit scary

If you can't eat red meat in my state they are allowed to exile you to one of the wussier states

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

shovelbum posted:

If so you can still eat long pig or any other great ape

Not technically red meat? Still avoid spine/brain, prion diseases are nasty

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
Stick me down for total US deaths as 555,555

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

remember boater

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

blandular posted:

oh jeez not the spirit of unemployment!

That was my favorite rush song

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

Woofer posted:

Didn’t trump go to Wharton

lol, nah he had lines to blow

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Scarodactyl posted:

what an honor to have dr peterson's doppelganger posting on our humble forums

saints gambit
Apr 8, 2004
a donut with no holes is a danish

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

That was my favorite rush song

For the words of the profits were written on the Subway Sandwich Artists.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

facetoucher cat posted:

depends on where you cut em honestly.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

facetoucher cat posted:

did u get ur roni test result?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Drumpfkirk

Ball Tazeman
Feb 2, 2010

Scarodactyl posted:

:hfive: I had that happen a few years ago too and nobody believes me, but if I have a burger I poo poo uncontrollably for 5 hours. I don't give a poo poo about beef prices.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/MichaelDoudna/status/1257049515946725376

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

facetoucher cat posted:

I got bitten by so many ticks.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

facetoucher cat posted:

Pork, human, ape etc are all technically red meat. The 'other white meat' is, alas, a lie.
Edit:quote isn't edit

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

The people saying we should "reopen" are insane

but I gotta admit I've been riding bike trails again, and disc golfing at the course that's open, and going to the river and stuff. I wear a mask at work and when I go to stores, but I cannot just stay home all day. Like it's bad for my mental health or something, I just cant do it.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

The Pussy Boss posted:

The people saying we should "reopen" are insane

but I gotta admit I've been riding bike trails again, and disc golfing at the course that's open, and going to the river and stuff. I wear a mask at work and when I go to stores, but I cannot just stay home all day. Like it's bad for my mental health or something, I just cant do it.

if we do not all literally hide in our houses we will have wave after wave of this forever lmao

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1257068667788947456?s=20

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
My daily tea on the balcony report is that everyone has given up. Austin traffic is up more every day. Mask usage peaked a week ago at like 75% and is way down now. I see more large groups of people walking together now which was basically non-existent in April.

We're so loving stupid.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

did a grocery run today and there were quite a few people without masks despite them supposedly still being mandatory here lol

also literally nobody is bothering to keep 6 feet of distance anymore and almost everyone was shopping as a couple or an entire family, which is both incredibly stupid and incredibly assholish

god i can't wait to live this stupid loving shithole country at the first possible opportunity

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

dumb

as

gently caress

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

shovelbum posted:

if we do not all literally hide in our houses we will have wave after wave of this forever lmao

Nah going outdoors is fine if you just keep distance from people. The mental health benefits outweigh the risk. It's a good chance for smart cities to close down roads to car traffic and open them up for people too. Don't miss this opportunity to crush car culture.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

I've repeatedly asked for and searched for examples of outdoor places resulting in outbreaks and have come up empty every time.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I've repeatedly asked for and searched for examples of outdoor places resulting in outbreaks and have come up empty every time.

Which isn't exactly evidence that it's safe. Seems hard to measure, like how would you even begin to study it?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
the funniest outcome would be trump defeating the invisible enemy despite his best efforts

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/status/1257070708863229953?s=20

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
" lol these dumb chuds are bored of the lockdown and going outside and being in crowds"

"eh I'm sure its fine to go out and jog on the trail with 1000 other people, nobody has proven its dangerous"

Two totally normal things to think at the same time.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Nah going outdoors is fine
Outdoors is where ticks are.
Don't make my mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Mask question.

I have a small batch of surgical masks I got from a family friend. My partner and I are alternating once-a-week trips to the local shop to pick up things like milk and fruit/veg every Monday. Neither of us are coughing or sneezing much, and we're only wearing them for the 15 mins it takes to go to pick up some essentials.

Would they be reusable if we sprayed them down with disinfectant and went through them on a rota? We've only got 10 right now. I know the roni won't last 10 weeks on a surface but are there any other factors we should be considering?