Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

It doesn't feel like we should be hearing these countdown parts, or is that just me?

I don’t know—they did a gag about Crow singing a song with Mike, and they cut away to a different interstitial with a black bar when they’re done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

It doesn't feel like we should be hearing these countdown parts, or is that just me?

They definitely feel like they're not supposed to be output.

Also anyone else think the sound mixing isn't that great? The movie is a little low.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I’m on Apple TV and I don’t get any ads. Youtube was like that for years too—just dead air where the ads would go.

I was when I was watching Mitchell earlier on my PC, it might be different for streaming devices.

Joel said he's outside of Philly, anyone know where he's living these days? I'm outside of Philly so thought that was interesting since I always assumed he lived in Wisconsin.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
If you're watching on Facebook it was part of the plan that we'd get behind the scenes access during the commercial breaks.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Facebook is also doing some kind of after party where some of the Netflix crew are involved.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Joel explaining user submitted jokes, huh. I'm trying to stay positive here, but drat.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
BANG!

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

Light Gun Man posted:

Joel explaining user submitted jokes, huh. I'm trying to stay positive here, but drat.

Y'know, one of the things I've noticed since the Kickstarter is that Joel really likes to explain the creative process behind MST3K and honestly... I'm cool with that? I think it's neat that he's willing to pull back the curtain and talk about it, even if it's really basic poo poo like "how do you write your jokes?"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

muscles like this! posted:

Also anyone else think the sound mixing isn't that great? The movie is a little low.

Yeah, I've had to turn my system up to max to hear the movie. and just hope no commentator suddenly blows my ears out.

"That's not a way to treat a phone, friend." "I bought him a drink, what more should I do?" was a great line though and I'm glad I turned things up enough to hear it.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
This is actually pretty good for a season one episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TL posted:

This is actually pretty good for a season one episode.

It seems to be a favorite of Joel's considering they also brought it for a Turkey Day marathon.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
That John Landis joke, holy hell.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
It's definitely one of the better ones, along with Untamed Youth, Black Scorpion and Women of the Prehistoric Planet. Robot Holocaust gets dinged because of the Commander Cody short.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Fezz posted:

It's definitely one of the better ones, along with Untamed Youth, Black Scorpion and Women of the Prehistoric Planet. Robot Holocaust gets dinged because of the Commander Cody short.

I haven’t watched a ton of season one, but I did watch Robot Monster once and enjoying it.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Mal-3 posted:

Y'know, one of the things I've noticed since the Kickstarter is that Joel really likes to explain the creative process behind MST3K and honestly... I'm cool with that? I think it's neat that he's willing to pull back the curtain and talk about it, even if it's really basic poo poo like "how do you write your jokes?"

That kinda stuff is cool as a bonus or whatnot but as part of the "product" here, it just ain't doing it for me I guess. Maybe I've just been drifting away from what the crew/most fans want from the show I guess.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

How is the chat submitting gags? Is the Facebook feed ahead or something?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

How is the chat submitting gags? Is the Facebook feed ahead or something?

They apparently did a barely announced practice run on Friday

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I've always liked Season 1. Y'all can step off.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Curtis Mercury is a cool name. I hope he gets a Dr. Mercury name badge one day.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is Emily Marsh making those faces because of the cornball jokes in the original host segment, or are they all watching the chat? It’s hard to tell.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
This rear end in a top hat astronaut has rapidly shot up towards the top of my personal ranking of least likable characters from MST3K.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Space sounds by Chuck Mangione.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Is Emily Marsh making those faces because of the cornball jokes in the original host segment, or are they all watching the chat? It’s hard to tell.
I think both. She has definitely reacted to the host segments, but she's also been cracking up at stuff that wasn't on-screen. Although maybe she has an earpiece and can hear the production staff?

I'm happy they made something new, and the live show cast is good/funny, but I'm not super digging the format.

I know broadcast rights are expensive, and they can't do shadowrama because everyone's remote right now, but I wish they'd just find an old public domain movie and riff it in this sidebar portrait format.

WhiteHowler fucked around with this message at 00:02 on May 4, 2020

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Wilbur Ross?!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jeez, this is getting a little dark.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Still my favorite film MST3K ever did

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Her faces, laughing, and dances have been my favorite part.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Richard Basehart.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

A short!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

This short is good and Im glad they did a pure riff

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That was a short short.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
What the hell was that short?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

It feels like a high school production of mst3k

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Junkie Disease posted:

So basically a KTMA episode?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

So basically a KTMA episode?

no and yes

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Richard Basehart.

That's where GPC gets it from.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Junkie Disease posted:

I love this cowtown puppet show.

The behind the scenes stuff was fun—complimenting each other, trying to figure out how to pronounce names. All the backstage stuff that comes with doing a live show.

The mix made it hard to hear the film, this is definitely an experiment I hadn't seen before but it was good.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

This after show is pretty fun. Jonah Rey’s doing an acoustic rock version of “Every Country’s Got A Monster.”

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Emily is a delight and I can't wait until they shoot her up into the SoL for real. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Her demeanor really matches the spirit Joel set for the show. It seems like going forward they’ve got performers who were already working on the show vs comedians or performers like they got for the netflix series—probably because the people they hired for the netflix series can’t remain available for an open-ended amount of time because they have to audition for other stuff or tour.

I hope this means they have some way of getting episodes made at some point.