Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Covid is a 5g hoax. The real killer is the common flu caused by drinking the foreign beer bud light

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Milosh posted:

My dad asked me today if I personally knew anyone that had Covid? So that’s probably the new right wing talking point.

yeah this will be a denialist talking point, and it will morph to "are you related to anybody who had it" "are you related to anyone who die from it" "did anyone in your immediate family get it/die from it" to finally "did you die from it" lol

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

Let's start a rumor that major health care providers are going to begin identifying people who are not practicing safe behaviors and cancelling their plans.

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Rhesus Pieces posted:

you have to take as many precautions as you can but literally staying cloistered for the entire spring and summer is going to be a huge ask for anyone who isn't already a goony shut-in

wuhan was closed for 80 days, Americans just lack the self control and discipline to sacrifice for the greater good in any situation. Nobody's asking you to pick up a rifle and risk your life, people are asking you to stay home to save your life.

Not to mention the 2+ million people that the country keeps cloistered for all 4 seasons, sometimes for life behind bars. A shelter in place order is truly a human rights violation

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i ready my blade and hold my stance..... i yell "pull!". she rubs a feather under her nose. it's coming.... she sneezes, an explosion of covid in the air. my arm moves faster than the eye can see. covid elimination: 100%. hmph!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

MattO posted:

Let's start a rumor that major health care providers are going to begin identifying people who are not practicing safe behaviors and cancelling their plans.

tbh if they had any sense they would do that, actuaries are going to be "essential workers" for the next few years

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

This bizarre morsel wandered into my news feed today:

https://www-dailysabah-com.cdn.ampp...during-pandemic

shovelbum posted:

Droplet spread is like 10m

If this doesn't count as airborne, then what the hell does

mystes
May 31, 2006

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I went to the trail again today and I could count the number of masks on one hand, out of about 40 people. just strolling along the trail in groups of two to a half dozen, not a care in the world

it was the first 70+ degree day here all year after being cooped up for over six weeks of cold, raw, lovely weather and I guess people couldn't take it anymore

to be honest I didn't wear a mask either but I was running the whole time and kept a healthy distance from everyone

you have to take as many precautions as you can but literally staying cloistered for the entire spring and summer is going to be a huge ask for anyone who isn't already a goony shut-in
I've been going to a trail a couple times a week but it's a trail that doesn't normally get that much traffic, it's pretty wide, and I've been sticking to early morning on days that aren't the nicest. Even still I feel like I'm probably going to have to stop now that it's getting warmer here.

One time I went a little bit later in the day on a weekend and it was insane. There were all these groups of people spread out across the trail so it was impossible to safely pass them.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

MattO posted:

I'll start the wiki

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

facetoucher cat posted:

Yeah it was negative but my doctor doesn't think I am (I don't think she trusts the tests) but I'm feeling a little bit better this afternoon actually. Mornings are still bad with my lungs however my entire body isn't under crushing pain right now but my throat hurts. She'll maybe have me get an antibody test if they pass some trial but I think it's pointless. I think I have something else, somehow, maybe? I've been really sick

e: thank you for asking :)

if it is covid watch out for that period where you start feeling better before it blasts you into pieces

karoshi posted:

The original outbreak started from a few seeders from airports and ports. Reopening starts from 100.000s of seeders spread uniformly over the country. This is gonna be bad.

hehe

Hadlock posted:

If this doesn't count as airborne, then what the hell does

some people think airborne must mean strictly only that it blows on the wind

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

Zil posted:

I'll start the wiki

sweet, already started on the etsy shop

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

https://i.imgur.com/C54QSdG.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/CwML4dg.mp4

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Milosh posted:

My dad asked me today if I personally knew anyone that had Covid? So that’s probably the new right wing talking point.

I think a lot of people are using it as a benchmark for quantifying personal risk. In countries like mine with low numbers, most people don't even have a friend of a friend story about covid, let alone actually know someone who has had it.

That lack of any personal connection to it definitely influences people's behaviour as restrictions are being lifted.

lo carb Lo Pan
Oct 8, 2004

The virus is returning to its hosts. Nature is healing.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

shovelbum posted:

With waves of reinfection we could still top that, no one can survive getting this twice a year from 16 til death

Like, tautologically nobody survives something they get until they die

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

mystes posted:

If I saw this I would just assume it's become a neo-nazi slogan or something.

https://twitter.com/DannyAShea/status/1256881357835436032

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Germ theory is trash, covid is a miasma, that's why masks matter

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Milosh posted:

tell them your internet friend's wife's friend's mom in michigan got it and had to be on a ventilator, also that two of your internet friend's church friends got it but were under 40 so pulled through without much issue (since they were health workers they actually got tested and were positive and quarantined instead of going into work)

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

gently caress SNEEP posted:

if i cant get my big mac there's gonna be a big problem

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Australia is having its own meat processing plant outbreak. :toot:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1257088640074866691?s=19

Thank you!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Milosh posted:

a shitload of people I know have had it, I don't understand how this talking point is surviving.

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

wuhan was closed for 80 days, Americans just lack the self control and discipline to sacrifice for the greater good in any situation. Nobody's asking you to pick up a rifle and risk your life, people are asking you to stay home to save your life.

Not to mention the 2+ million people that the country keeps cloistered for all 4 seasons, sometimes for life behind bars. A shelter in place order is truly a human rights violation

no, human rights violations are fine if someone committed literally any crime of any kind at all whatsoever, if they didn't want to be brutally murdered or killed by a terrible disease inside our poorly maintained prisons with hellish conditions, they shouldn't have stolen a loaf of bread. just follow the law. it's that simple

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

BMX Ninja posted:

Mask question.

I have a small batch of surgical masks I got from a family friend. My partner and I are alternating once-a-week trips to the local shop to pick up things like milk and fruit/veg every Monday. Neither of us are coughing or sneezing much, and we're only wearing them for the 15 mins it takes to go to pick up some essentials.

Would they be reusable if we sprayed them down with disinfectant and went through them on a rota? We've only got 10 right now. I know the roni won't last 10 weeks on a surface but are there any other factors we should be considering?

disinfectant might damage the fibers of the masks and decrease the effectiveness. there was a study linked in the first covid thread about it but gently caress if I can find it right now. the best way to disinfect (N95s) is with an oven, but not recommended to do at home bc of contamination risk.

I just leave mine outside inbetween trips (a week+) and have some cloth masks for taking out the trash/getting mail that I hand wash in hot soapy water after use

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

spaceblancmange posted:

Next time can you please keep my STI status to PM's and not disclose it to the whole thread.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

spaceblancmange posted:

All that 'roo meat going to waste.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

If roni deaths drop off every weekend we could cure roni in no time by making every day a weekend.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Trump gets a $1000 insurance payout for every person he indirectly kills.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Everybody can stop worrying, good news

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1257088617001992192

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Inceltown posted:

If roni deaths drop off every weekend we could cure roni in no time by making every day a weekend.

i suspect their favorite thing about may 1st as a reopen date is that it was a friday so then daily deaths will appear to drop and people will continue becoming convinced that it's over, because americans really truly are that stupid

lol we have already lost more people than this. we are well above 100k, it's just lovely counting. but chuds are going around claiming the opposite, that they're overcounting.

it's ok, we will breeze past those numbers in literally one week anyway.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Judakel posted:

All that 'roo meat going to waste.

The fishing boats are ok so we can still have our shrimp on the barbie

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Squizzle posted:

oh dang, from the replies to that:

https://mobile.twitter.com/opinonhaver/status/1256651269185232898

“no electoral college for consumption” is a good way to phrase it

If this kneecaps the "booming" escape room industry from 2019 fine by me.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

spaceblancmange posted:

Had Victoria even started to lift restrictions yet? I know they had ramped up testing.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

empty whippet box posted:

lol we have already lost more people than this. we are well above 100k, it's just lovely counting. but chuds are going around claiming the opposite, that they're overcounting.

it's ok, we will breeze past those numbers in literally one week anyway.

what should make you think is, what number do you think he was actually told

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

They have found a cure for horny.

https://twitter.com/WednesdayLa/status/1256971061842849796

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The specific state he wants to open is VA

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

MattO posted:

Life insurance companies refusing to pay out claims!

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Philthy posted:

Life insurance companies refusing to pay out claims!

This is 100% going to happen if it hasn't already

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

mods?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
Trump just said he’s going to "urge" universities to reopen in the fall. Faculty and grad students will probably strike if that happens imo