Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

am I going insane or not even 48 hours ago he was criticizing Kemp for opening too quickly

there was a (federal I thought??) guideline for having 14 days of declining cases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

snake and bake posted:

:same: but I doubt any other decently run country is going to be welcoming Americans any time soon.

literally every single country on earth is handling it better than we are and will be done with this before the us is anywhere close, so i'm not picky at this point lol

america is too stupid and beaten down to live

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

it's not my job to shield you from reality

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
I wonder if there will be a psychological impact from us crossing the 100k deaths mark (in about ten days).

Probably the major pivot point from "it's no big deal" to "the numbers are fake".

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

wow only 100,000 deaths trumps doing a tremendous job leading in this crisis

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I wonder if there will be a psychological impact from us crossing the 100k deaths mark (in about ten days).

Probably the major pivot point from "it's no big deal" to "the numbers are fake".

It's gonna be 'the CDC said half the deaths aren't real!'

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

quote:

“The reopening weekend was a disaster. We had two customers all weekend."

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

Trump just said he’s going to "urge" universities to reopen in the fall. Faculty and grad students will probably strike if that happens imo

yeah i'm never going back . zooming my way to a phd.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Trump just said he’s going to "urge" universities to reopen in the fall. Faculty and grad students will probably strike if that happens imo

i doubt it. faculty will be too terrified of layoffs/furloughs to object

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Lolie posted:

Had Victoria even started to lift restrictions yet? I know they had ramped up testing.

Nope, no chance before May 11. Dan Tehan said Daniel Andrews had displayed a "failure of leadership" for refusing to send all students back to school yesterday, and had to withdraw it a few hours later after it turned out a teacher was infected in Epping. I've noticed people starting to relax about distancing etc., hopefully this can at least remind people we haven't eliminated it yet.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
What the gently caress
https://twitter.com/bessbell/status/1257058341349515266?s=20

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

power word- Jeb! posted:

Probably true but grad students would be able to singlehandedly stop the school from reopening in many places

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Lolie posted:

Had Victoria even started to lift restrictions yet? I know they had ramped up testing.

I don't think so, I read May 11th is the date they'll review. 19/22 cases announced today are from the meatworks.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I went to the trail again today and I could count the number of masks on one hand, out of about 40 people. just strolling along the trail in groups of two to a half dozen, not a care in the world

to be honest I didn't wear a mask either but I was running the whole time and kept a healthy distance from everyone

you have to take as many precautions as you can but literally staying cloistered for the entire spring and summer is going to be a huge ask for anyone who isn't already a goony shut-in

even in seattle runners are crowding sidewalks and not wearing masks

i walk in the road half the time to avoid those assholes

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Yeah, there's been a push by urbanists to use this as a chance to reclaim space. American cities in particular have huge amounts of dead space given to roadways and surface parking. It's hard to not pass someone shoulder-to-ahoulder on a sidewalk, it's much easier when you chop the road in the middle down to one lane. Now less people are filling up parks too when they can go walk, bike, run, etc... safely in roadways.

If we understand this and take advantage of it we can have cleaner air, clearer skies, and less noise pollution for the rest of our lives while making people happier and healthier at the same time, and all of this can be done without increasing the risk of covid transmission.

yea but they wont do that. even supposedly liberal seattle only made like 1-2 roads into ped pathways

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

SKULL.GIF posted:

am I going insane or not even 48 hours ago he was criticizing Kemp for opening too quickly

there was a (federal I thought??) guideline for having 14 days of declining cases

trump lives in a vibrant fantasy world where everything is true and all things are happening simultaneously

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
I just saw a YouTube ad for a Falun Gong newspaper (Epoch times) that claimed that China has “20 million less cell phone users,” implying that they’ve covered up the deaths of that many people

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Flesh Forge posted:

what should make you think is, what number do you think he was actually told

I don't think they're even bothering to tell trump the real numbers, if they know them, and if they did, he would just say he didn't believe them and go on the news and say whatever he thought would make him look good

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:

mystes posted:

I've been going to a trail a couple times a week but it's a trail that doesn't normally get that much traffic, it's pretty wide, and I've been sticking to early morning on days that aren't the nicest. Even still I feel like I'm probably going to have to stop now that it's getting warmer here.

One time I went a little bit later in the day on a weekend and it was insane. There were all these groups of people spread out across the trail so it was impossible to safely pass them.

I went on a trail in late March and left again pretty shortly because what felt like every ten seconds I'd have to move six feet off the trail to let some oblivious group of people meander past while making no attempt at distancing. They closed down parks in the area about a week later (they're back open now)

lmao if you're not off trails just bushwhacking with the ticks and burs if you're going outside at this point

edit:

correction: lmao if you're going outside at this point

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

IT DOES loving WAHAT NOW?!

COEM THE gently caress ON RONI LAY OFF TEH loving GAS PEDAL FOR A loving MINUTE WILL YA?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Arizona's three major universities all said they are doing in-person this fall (mid August).

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

twoday posted:

it's not my job to shield you from reality

Big, beautiful titties

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
on day 3 of neck/back pain and thinking that with today's addition of a fever and a slight cough I may not have pulled a muscle

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

meijers here in IL had arrows for traffic flow. half the store ignored them. a lot of people without masks. always the people you'd imagine. lol.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Flesh Forge posted:

trump lives in a vibrant fantasy world where everything is true and all things are happening simultaneously

Hell, same

In mine Donald Trump is the President of the United States and the pentagon has admitted to the existence of aliens and Americans have taken to the streets demanding to be murdered by a coronavirus

Silly I know, but it gets me through the day

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

God damned governor Inslee, always interrupting the meeting asking for Schwabs.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AbstemiousO...icChickenKlappa

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

So is this actually killing young ppl left and right in the US in a way it wasn't anywhere else

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

i just figure he has pyro vision constantly running.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Hadlock posted:

This bizarre morsel wandered into my news feed today:

https://www-dailysabah-com.cdn.ampp...during-pandemic

If this doesn't count as airborne, then what the hell does

The primary infection vector is apparently touching an infected surface then touching your face this would seem to indicate that it travels in moisture drops as opposed to aerosols.

Considering how mixed the data is about how it travels it's probably that much like the flu some people shed it through aerosols and some people don't.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

power word- Jeb! posted:

it'd be the end of the university system because outside of small art schools classes are packed and the professors/staff are as decrepit/ancient as ever. Is being laid off more terrifying than death? cause that's what you'll get if your over the age of 40 with 200+ students coughing in your direction

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

shovelbum posted:

So is this actually killing young ppl left and right in the US in a way it wasn't anywhere else

It was also observed in east asian patients. The clinical writeup is leukoerythroblastic blood replacing the good blood that you need plus a decrease in white blood cell count. She is just doing you a favor by taking the precise language used by doctors and giving you the gruesome layman details

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

2DCAT posted:

Big, beautiful titties

:hai:

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Solarin posted:

wow only 100,000 deaths trumps doing a tremendous job leading in this crisis
you joke but that's probably going to be a talking-point during his re-election campaign

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

shovelbum posted:

Not really, NYC data:

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

I still think the only reason trump is pushing reopening is that he's mad at America and legitimately wants us dead for calling him a dumbshit after he suggested we inject pinesol.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Whitlam posted:

Nope, no chance before May 11. Dan Tehan said Daniel Andrews had displayed a "failure of leadership" for refusing to send all students back to school yesterday, and had to withdraw it a few hours later after it turned out a teacher was infected in Epping. I've noticed people starting to relax about distancing etc., hopefully this can at least remind people we haven't eliminated it yet.

Having seen how people in NSW behaved on the weekend after some minor changes to the restrictions, I hope Victoria holds out as long as possible.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

probably something along the lines of he sees that none of these states opening have overflowing hospitals yet so it must be ok to open everything cause social distancing is working

mind of a child

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
So what's with all the hysterical coverage of exactly how people die when it's clear to anyone with a brain that 25 year olds arent falling over dead with their blood on fire, doesnt this do the opposite of the intention and just make people think its all BS bc if it was that bad theyd see it

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Whitlam posted:

Around roni you can never chilloni

https://twitter.com/mjrowland68/status/1257081857667067904

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/CharlieGileNBC/status/1256631520355377153

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Lol I was at that ballpark when that picture was taken