Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

MourningView posted:

this clip is extremely funny but ehlo gets a bad rap he had a monster fourth quarter in that game and MJ had to hang in the air for like half an hour and double clutch to get off his shot

Yeah, that shot was a wild contested double clutch shot. Ehlo played very good defense on that posession.

That's just Ron Harper talking up his importance, but BJ Armstrong was a way better player overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Stacey King better show up at some point in time. I know he wasn't some pivotal player that much, but he was there for the first three championships and has been announcing for the Bulls for like two decades.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I laughed so hard when MJ's like "Dennis wants to tell me somethin I know it's somethin that I don't fuckin wanna hear."

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/katienolan/status/1257063433675079681

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Ah yes, the "mecca"of basketball is a loving train station

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
well, this just got weird

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Oh poo poo, I had no idea that Jordan and Kobe had that kind of relationship.

There was an article in The Ringer recently that had this great bit in it:

More than that, Jordan’s story was so simple and charismatic that there are great athletes whose stories are literally “the struggle to recreate Michael Jordan’s story”: Kobe Bryant was every bit as monomaniacally driven and ambitious as Jordan, but he was humanized by Jordan’s shadow, made approachable by the fact that he was chasing an ideal rather than simply existing as one. (People yell “Kobe” when they throw a wad of paper at the trash can because there’s no suspense in yelling “Michael”: The whole point of Michael was that you knew he wouldn’t miss.)

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

those Jordan Ones are pretty hot

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

lol the exasperation at someone trying to turn some basketball player into the ideal of sports marketing: a tennis player

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The origin story of Michael Jordan, The Brand being "Market him like a tennis player" is blowing my mind

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Those Jordan 1s are still clean as gently caress

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

wait he's a BASKETBALL PLAYER?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I know you have to talk about Nike but this poo poo is so boring

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
"Hot as a Cabbage Patch doll."

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

the director for sure just wanted to hang out with Nas

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Benne posted:

Those Jordan 1s are still clean as gently caress

God I don't even care about shoes that much and this is so true

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Taking shots at Drexler drat

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I like the implication that Jordan could've done exactly what Steph Curry did, if it weren't for his love of loving dominating fools in the paint

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Krause dropping like 50 "organizations" in one interview lmao

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Was there any indication at the time that the Bulls ownership might get rid of Krause instead of Jackson and Jordan? I feel like that's what would happen today in this situation; the GM would lose the power struggle.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
is this where we get the isiah disrespect

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Here for the Isiah slander

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

drat, this is brutal.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Nice hairpiece Marv

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Lmao nah, it was you

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
setting up the gambling storyline well

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

corn on the cop posted:

setting up the gambling storyline well

there's been a clip of him playing cards or talking about bets in pretty much every episode, we're gonna get into it eventually

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Ahhhhh it's so fun that they've got Dream Team footage like this; this is 100% what I wanted from this documentary.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Haha that face when he said “me”

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Stockton was way better when they picked the team and Isiah can eat a butt

https://twitter.com/AlokPattani/status/1257033091337478144?s=19

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
"The situation at home was not great....because of the war and everything...."

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I gotta say I know a lot about Jordan and Rodman and pippin but I really know basically nothing about Kukoc

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Here I was making a post wondering how we got to Kukoc from all this. At least this makes sense now.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DC Murderverse posted:

I gotta say I know a lot about Jordan and Rodman and pippin but I really know basically nothing about Kukoc

Really good player who was way ahead of his time and it sucks that the only thing people remember about him is Jordan and Pippen being pissy about Krause (justifiably) liking him.

He played the Dream Team again in the Gold Medal game and was really good but literally no one ever talks about that.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

I feel like we’re going to get these tweets every week

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Koo-Coke

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MourningView posted:

He played the Dream Team again in the Gold Medal game and was really good but literally no one ever talks about that.

I was just gonna say, I'm glad they're covering that in this

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

morestuff posted:

I feel like we’re going to get these tweets every week

Lol yeah last week was supposed to be when they got into all the new stuff and then we got like half an hour on the Ehlo shot.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Toni Kukoc is the real hero of this doc, standing up to these roving imperialists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I forgot about that flag controversy.