Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

went for a (masked) bike ride along the american river parkway today and it was loving jammed. i expected people, but it was scary how many folks were out without any distance or face protection, probably only saw half a dozen other people wearing masks in the whole hour i was out there

now im stuffing homemade hummus into my fat face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

god the US is the worst
https://twitter.com/MarshaBlackburn/status/1257068226980315143?s=20

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
its cool that freedom is defined by my ability to drink 12 dollar bottled tequilas at chilis while the patriots are on and my wife is loving her massage therapist because the kids are at esports practice

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

gently caress

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol projection?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Lucky Greedo posted:

work in retail in fl and lust for the death of this cursed civilization

the level of hostility directed at even our extremely basic safety measures is shocking. i'm used to being abused on the regular, but not like this. everyone has lost their drat minds. got physically rammed with shopping carts by two different karens in the swimsuit section. college lads tried to run me over with their car in the parking lot bc i was still wearing a mask; they made a bunch of fake coughing and retching noises at me when i ducked out of the way. our fitting rooms are closed and middle aged women are stripping to their underwear in the middle of the store to try on our lovely clothes, then screaming at us when we tell them to stop. it's like watching a hive of insects trying to gently caress, eat and kill each other all at once in a massive suicidal frenzy.

jesus loving christ

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

SKULL.GIF posted:

We're already seeing widespread disobedience of the social distancing/shutdown efforts, chuds attacking employees and mask-wearers, armed protests, and we've barely even begun the eighth week of the shutdown. The people who want this opened up are going to become angrier and even angrier as this goes on, and they're going to plunge deeper and deeper into their culture war. The first time Gov. Bluesuit shuts down the state? Sure, whatever. The first extension? Liberal lies and hoaxes! The second? Third? Fourth extension of the shutdown? One, or more, of these people are going to start to decide, in actuality, not just rhetorically, that Gov. Bluesuit is an active enemy of the people and is actively causing them to fail to be able to make their monthly financial obligations because they can't work because of the shutdown.

This is a good point. Missouri might be a red state but St. Louis city and county are both run right now by a hospital cartel that will inform the county executive (who is a MD) when to start lifting the lockdowns. Already the shittier people are starting to call the chief medical officer of one of the hospitals an enemy of the people on Facebook and accuse him of lying to seize power for himself. Factor in maybe no meat for labor day grilling, 30% unemployment, it could very well turn into revolt over the white coats who run the place.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not gonna lie it does seem like the liberals and internet lefties who are the mad ones here

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Rip Testes posted:

Thinking to buy a guitar and telescope gear. Things I wanted to do when I had more time and money because I internalized capitalism. Now I realize life is short and have some fun before there's no fun to be had

same, if I lose my job $150 ain't gonna make me any less homeless

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Rip Testes posted:

Thinking to buy a guitar and telescope gear. Things I wanted to do when I had more time and money because I internalized capitalism. Now I realize life is short and have some fun before there's no fun to be had

If you're trying to self-teach check out JustinGuitar
it's wicked old but the lessons helped get me started

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

DEATH CULT
https://twitter.com/SteveDeaceShow/status/1257094755613388800?s=20
https://twitter.com/JordanSchachtel/status/1257093455446265857?s=20
https://twitter.com/RepAndyBiggsAZ/status/1257044906855395328?s=20

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

our fridge broke. against my better judgement, we got a warranty and last Friday they agreed to just give us a new fridge rather than do repairs. whatever.

so the newly pregnant wife and I try to pick one out online, but the salesman says that, unfortunately due to food hoarding, stimulus money, tax season and Mexican factory shutdowns, have made there be a run on fridges. basically, whatever is on the floor and whatever is on the trucks right now being delivered is all there will be for a month or two, so we had better get down there and pick the one we want now. gently caress. whatever. we go in, and the appliance store is way busier than it should be.

so we go on a binge eating session of all the food in our fridge, but we can’t eat fast enough, and I need to get some dry ice to tide us over until Tuesday. okay, don’t wanna go out, but there’s a place a few miles away that has some.

gently caress

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When I was out drinking in the alley today I noticed that everybody seemed to be having a good time today

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/kbiegel/status/1257120939013070849

I'd watch it for the cartoon dog sex but I'm not what you call one with refined tastes

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

shovelbum posted:

yeah but the thing they hammer again and again with all these gross-out stories is that its like somehow a brutal spanish flu scything its way thru the prime working age ppl and then the numbers like obviously dont bear that out at all

yeah this kinda reminds me of the DARE approach to drugs, where like they told kids that weed would kill you and poo poo and when it turns out it doesn't it undermines your credbility so I def see where you are coming from on this

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

meanolmrcloud posted:

our fridge broke. against my better judgement, we got a warranty and last Friday they agreed to just give us a new fridge rather than do repairs. whatever.

so the newly pregnant wife and I try to pick one out online, but the salesman says that, unfortunately due to food hoarding, stimulus money, tax season and Mexican factory shutdowns, have made there be a run on fridges. basically, whatever is on the floor and whatever is on the trucks right now being delivered is all there will be for a month or two, so we had better get down there and pick the one we want now. gently caress. whatever. we go in, and the appliance store is way busier than it should be.

so we go on a binge eating session of all the food in our fridge, but we can’t eat fast enough, and I need to get some dry ice to tide us over until Tuesday. okay, don’t wanna go out, but there’s a place a few miles away that has some.

gently caress

what in the hell

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

meanolmrcloud posted:

gently caress

can I have your fridge if you get covid ?

Edit: tis a joke, stay safe fellow goon, wash them hands

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Ah yes, profits and pride, the two things of value.

Unrelatedly, human beings continue to die.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Hell yeah roni, take my breath away
Get me high, this is how I wanna die.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stefan Prodan posted:

yeah this kinda reminds me of the DARE approach to drugs, where like they told kids that weed would kill you and poo poo and when it turns out it doesn't it undermines your credbility so I def see where you are coming from on this

Not to mention cowardly it sounds

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Koirhor posted:

I said it before and I will say it again if the NCAA football season is cancelled half the south will have a full psychotic break with reality. This is of course the half that hasn’t already.

It'll also destroy the budgets of pretty much all athletic departments and put universities in an even bigger hole financially. I absolutely love football, but the lack of a football season would be ruinous for reasons beyond just simple fandom, unfortunately.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

I ended up getting some at an ice cream place which was open for some reason and also extremely busy, but not, like masses of humanity busy.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

can I have your fridge if you get covid ?

Edit: tis a joke, stay safe fellow goon, wash them hands

it’s a Samsung fridge, it’ll prolly crap out before the pandemic is over.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/andyinjapan13/status/1257067188931850240?s=20

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

When I was out drinking in the alley today I noticed that everybody seemed to be having a good time today

whats so good about this alley

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

yeah i think the NCAA season getting cancelled is possible - even likely due to the teams being tied to universities - but there is a 0% chance the NFL cancels

Depends on if Southern states are really getting hammered by the time it is due to start. They can't do it without fans. Berkeley is absolutely not going to be playing at all. USC neither. No one in California. Then again, Newsom did grant a special exemption to Disneyland (that they did not even ask for) before they said they'd shut down voluntarily. Maybe football will matter too much. Don't know.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
Cum. Deaths May 3rd

CODChimera holds the lead for another day. Maybe deaths will go to zero. Maybe not. We'll see!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Dolash posted:

Ah yes, profits and pride, the two things of value.

Unrelatedly, human beings continue to die.

It was the forty-twoth person to die here.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Farm Frenzy posted:

whats so good about this alley

You can drink in it

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

You can drink in it

Just drinking or are other things allowed there

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
80% of the population being infected = winning!

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I spray painted a potter chrome

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Google Butt posted:

same, if I lose my job $150 ain't gonna make me any less homeless

Trumpbux paid for the UCS Lego Millennium Falcon so me and my son will have that to share....wait until I install a light kit before dragging me to the guillotines

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

RumbleFish posted:

It'll also destroy the budgets of pretty much all athletic departments and put universities in an even bigger hole financially.

how the gently caress are universities "in a hole" financially

oh right it's because university administration has bloated to impossible amounts

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

spaceblancmange posted:

The crowd boos and throws rotten fruit as a black player kneels because they can't breathe.

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

yeah i think the NCAA season getting cancelled is possible - even likely due to the teams being tied to universities - but there is a 0% chance the NFL cancels

NFL will almost certainly be cancelled. College football will probably go on in the SEC and Big 12, maybe like half of the ACC.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

meanolmrcloud posted:

gently caress

what the gently caress are they all doing

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

spaceblancmange posted:

The crowd boos and throws rotten fruit as a black player kneels because they can't breathe.

gently caress

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

how the gently caress are universities "in a hole" financially

oh right it's because university administration has bloated to impossible amounts

Hey, not defending that at all, it's just reality. If we can come out of this with higher education being less of a hosed up for-profit entity, so much the better.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Remember the green new deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/danielleofri/status/1256939885094633478