Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

ChipNDip posted:

This isn't healthy... are you in therapy?

:jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Flavius Aetass posted:

why take the bus when you can take the spruce moose

i said

hop in

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

person is taking appropriate measures for a pandemic with a R0 of 5.47

tHis IsN'T HeAltHy ArE yOu iN tHerApY???

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope that everybody lives a fulfilling and meaningful life under god, and not slave away in fear

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

:smugdon:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

a perfectly mentally healthy person during a historic pandemic: *sprints to the beach and engages in :roboluv: with strangers*

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

ChipNDip posted:

Almost zero percent chance of pro sports anytime in 2020.

This thread gets way too up its own rear end on "everyone is a dumbass CHUD germlover except me". There's no point to sports without a stadium. Baseball isn't happening, and maybe the NFL plays some exhibition games. Even that's iffy because I could see the players refusing to do it.

Pro sports get a ton of TV revenue, so they can still recoup a lot of money even if they're playing in empty stadiums. Those mega media rights deals are why I think pro sports will happen at some point this year. The TV networks and the leagues just need that money too much.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Rah! posted:

i said

hop in

can't beat old simpsons!

like and comment if you agree

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

ChipNDip posted:

It's how somebody with at least moderate OCD acts.

lol i don't know if youve heard yet but there is a highly infectious airborn virus going around

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

ChipNDip posted:

It's how somebody with at least moderate OCD acts.

Things work a little bit differently during a pandemic

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

a perfectly mentally healthy person during a historic pandemic: *sprints to the beach and engages in :roboluv: with strangers*

tbh i'm pretty stir crazy and could def gently caress a rando at this point

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What’s wrong with getting therapy? I think it could help a lot of y’all out.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

oh christ it's the seeds and paint guy

be back in 4-5 pages

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
*hopes he's not the seeds and paint guy* :ohdear:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKJDAVvs_JA

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Durf posted:

lol america is seen as a chaotic leaderless joke who abandoned their allies, and the admin still expects nations to join them in going after china, iran, cuba...

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/05/time-americans-are-doing-nothing/611056/

The MAGA crowd hates the writer of this article for being anti-US. It's funny because Applebaum is an anti-communist partisan and the argument of the article is that China breaking US hegemony would be extreme bad.

The US chauvinists are fighting to the death over who really hates China more.

https://twitter.com/bdomenech/status/1257103633927278593?s=20
https://twitter.com/MrMaitra/status/1257029340090507273?s=20

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

oh gently caress it is lmfao hell yes

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The best sports back on TV idea I've seen floated was replaying old matches but having someone from each team who played that game running commentary on it. Seems like the smartest way to get stuff back on the TV while making it interesting / not killing people.

Serf
May 5, 2011

just got added to an 8:30 am full staff meeting tomorrow. pretty sure they're gonna tell us to all come back to the office lmao

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Rah! posted:

have fun with ur plague dipshit

maybe you'll infect some of ur family members they'll love it

Just lost an elderly uncle, managed to convince my parents that travelling out of state for the big family reunion for his funeral isn't a good idea.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

sir turn on ur monitor

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Serf posted:

just got added to an 8:30 am full staff meeting tomorrow. pretty sure they're gonna tell us to all come back to the office lmao

probably

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Inceltown posted:

The best sports back on TV idea I've seen floated was replaying old matches but having someone from each team who played that game running commentary on it. Seems like the smartest way to get stuff back on the TV while making it interesting / not killing people.

Ratings for classic game replays are awful, even during this pandemic. It's not as much of a draw as one might think. The only way around that is something like The Last Dance, which is a documentary series airing a bunch of never-seen footage.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

coke
Jul 12, 2009
lol @ the seed guy trying to gas light people

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Do we know yet if EA is lobbying to have the sport seasons replaced with it's licensed games.

It'll get at least a few million viewers.

Serf
May 5, 2011

last week they were saying we wouldn't come back until at least august. dying for the idiot-king kemp lol

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Serf posted:

yes..... coming back.......

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Just lost an elderly uncle, managed to convince my parents that travelling out of state for the big family reunion for his funeral isn't a good idea.

drat sorry :(

dont worry just tell them to turn the heat on at the funeral corona hates heat thats why soros is trying 2 stop global warming WAKE UP SHEEPLE

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

There will be sport in Australia that you can follow pretty soon. All your favorites like Rugby League, Australian rules football and racism.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I refuse to call anyone a "seed guy," unless they save their own seeds. And no self-respecting seed saver is desperate for new seeds right now. This is the exact situation a seed saver has lived for.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

Do we know yet if EA is lobbying to have the sport seasons replaced with it's licensed games.

It'll get at least a few million viewers.

NASCAR has had a ton of success airing iRacing simulations with its drivers, which is kind of lol since their actual product has been dead in the water for a while now. Good for them, I guess!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

RumbleFish posted:

Ratings for classic game replays are awful, even during this pandemic. It's not as much of a draw as one might think. The only way around that is something like The Last Dance, which is a documentary series airing a bunch of never-seen footage.

No one wants to watch boring rear end replays that is for sure. Having two people who played in that game talking about it like DVD commentary could make it a whole lot more interesting.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

spaceblancmange posted:

There will be sport in Australia that you can follow pretty soon. All your favorites like Rugby League, Australian rules football and racism.

racism polls really well with american audiences so...

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

meanolmrcloud posted:

our fridge broke. against my better judgement, we got a warranty and last Friday they agreed to just give us a new fridge rather than do repairs. whatever.

so the newly pregnant wife and I try to pick one out online, but the salesman says that, unfortunately due to food hoarding, stimulus money, tax season and Mexican factory shutdowns, have made there be a run on fridges. basically, whatever is on the floor and whatever is on the trucks right now being delivered is all there will be for a month or two, so we had better get down there and pick the one we want now. gently caress. whatever. we go in, and the appliance store is way busier than it should be.

so we go on a binge eating session of all the food in our fridge, but we can’t eat fast enough, and I need to get some dry ice to tide us over until Tuesday. okay, don’t wanna go out, but there’s a place a few miles away that has some.

lmao owned, the run began once the rumbling of meat shortage started.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I still think it's funny that the US appears to be "past the peak" only because the case and death count in NYC slowed down

time to OPEN ER UP

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The need for seed

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

I refuse to call anyone a "seed guy," unless they save their own seeds. And no self-respecting seed saver is desperate for new seeds right now. This is the exact situation a seed saver has lived for.

this is me ever since reading the part about onan in the bible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/status/1256955786309369857?s=20