Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Inceltown posted:

No one wants to watch boring rear end replays that is for sure. Having two people who played in that game talking about it like DVD commentary could make it a whole lot more interesting.

they should have someone who has never seen the sport in question do the commentary, in a comedic way, a la most extreme elimination challenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

SKULL.GIF posted:

person is taking appropriate measures for a pandemic with a R0 of 5.47

tHis IsN'T HeAltHy ArE yOu iN tHerApY???

:emptyquote:

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Which was a better hoax: the democrat party tyrannical overreaction to the China virus, or the Green Party starting fires in Australia to try to make normal Australians care about lib stuff

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Rah! posted:

yeah i've been avoiding the bus too, with a couple exceptions here and there

whenever i get home after going out (once per week, for the past month), i put my outside clothes in a quarantine pile and then take a shower and clean the door knobs/mop the floor where i came inside. The only clean area when outside, is under my mask (maybe :smugdon:) and ive been doing good so far at never touching my mask unless i wash my hands first

its frustrating seeing all these people who dont give a poo poo about doing anything to protect themselves and others

yeah I’m doing everything like this to prevent the spread as much as possible then I see my coworkers all sitting together eating lunch like why does it matter

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

the turkey should have been our national bird instead of the loser bald eagle

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

to be fair to the seed and paint guy he was physically restrained from purchasing the big box store seeds he needed to reach final form by those judging his choices on the internet and calling him dumb as hell lmao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

ChipNDip posted:

This isn't healthy... are you in therapy?

take ur fuken pills folks

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Revolution from home

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

remember when trump said "when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done"?

that was two months ago and now we have 1.2 million lmao

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Please dont come back ChipNDip

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

BeefThief posted:

remember when trump said "when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done"?

that was two months ago and now we have 1.2 million lmao

sorry i only remember sailor

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Case Updates New Zealand

New Cases: 0 Confirmed - 0 Probable

Total Cases: 1478 (0)

Total confirmed: 1137 (+1)

One previously probable case has become a confirmed.

Total probable: 350 (-1)

Total Deaths: 20 (0)

Recovered: 1276 (+10) (defined as at least 10 days since onset of symptoms and at least 48 hours symptom free)

Recovery rate: 86% (+1)

Active cases (total minus recovered and deaths): 191 (-10)

Hospitalisation: 4 people in hospital (-4), 0 in ICU (0), 0 critical

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

RumbleFish posted:

Pro sports get a ton of TV revenue, so they can still recoup a lot of money even if they're playing in empty stadiums. Those mega media rights deals are why I think pro sports will happen at some point this year. The TV networks and the leagues just need that money too much.

I've barely been watching the NFL the past few years, but if they find a way to have some sort of season hell yeah I'm watching as much of that poo poo as I can

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Gringostar posted:

sorry i only remember sailor

ah, well, nevertheless

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Case Updates New Zealand

Recovered: 1276 (+10) (defined as at least 10 days since onset of symptoms and at least 48 hours symptom free)

lol look at this country keeping track of probable cases. a country of tryhards putting together a competent response and saving lives. kill your elders for Capital or gtfo

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Case Updates New Zealand

10 more cases to go :hitler:

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Hate kiwis

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Atrocious Joe posted:

lol look at this country keeping track of probable cases. a country of tryhards putting together a competent response and saving lives. kill your elders for Capital or gtfo

They've been given a break from the astroturf protests and reopenings by the same captalist masters who want a resort without endemic covid in the future

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

no they are good people we should not hate kiwis

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Settler nations gotta stick together

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Oh man, is this new DLC for Untitled Goose game?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
shut the gently caress up functioning country haver

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

gobble gobble bitch

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Settler nations gotta stick together

Is NZ really a settler nation if the indigenous people were just a previous historically recent wave of colonists

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Going to make Kiwi privilege a thing.

Stop taking up space. This thread is for people from fully diseased countries only.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Case Updates New Zealand

You're gonna be feeling dumb as hell when we're all herd immune and your scrub continent is scared to death of a little rona.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

oxsnard posted:

I've barely been watching the NFL the past few years, but if they find a way to have some sort of season hell yeah I'm watching as much of that poo poo as I can

Exactly, and they know they'll get those eyeballs (and advertising/TV dollars). The NFL is happening by hook or by crook.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

work 2 live
live 2 die
bootstrap angel wings
and learn to fly
gotta earn keep
gotta get by
make the 1%
laugh till they cry

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

SKULL.GIF posted:

You know, I've been reflecting on stuff today, with all these people going loving outside on Wheeeeee it's so NICE out and I'm TIRED of this shutdown and all that, and reflecting on the chud protests, particularly the Michigan one, and reading posts like these, while also thinking about what I've been hearing about how Wisconsin is likely to extend their shutdown order a second time (from May 24th to June) because our case growth is starting to rise again

And I was also thinking about how this forum, CSPAM I mean, in this thread and the Doomsday Economics thread where we've been trying to figure out the impact of this virus and what might happen to American society because of it. I notice that we in general tend to talk about these things from a leftist perspective, interpret our projections through a leftist lens. I think it was Sheng-ji Yang in particular who kept saying that we're likely to see (and we have already seen) rent strikes, unionization efforts, people realizing that they don't HAVE to accept this bullshit from the government and all. There was talk about how poo poo is really going to go down once this starts impacting the food supply chain in a major way, no society stays stable when they're food-insecure.

But I think we've all, collectively, missed something that's absolutely going to happen before general social unrest. And now having thought of it it seems all but certain that something like this is going to happen: A governor is going to order a second, third, or even fourth extension of their shutdown, and it'll drive some chud who's behind on his truck and alimony payments insane and the chud is going to try to assassinate that governor.

We're already seeing widespread disobedience of the social distancing/shutdown efforts, chuds attacking employees and mask-wearers, armed protests, and we've barely even begun the eighth week of the shutdown. The people who want this opened up are going to become angrier and even angrier as this goes on, and they're going to plunge deeper and deeper into their culture war. The first time Gov. Bluesuit shuts down the state? Sure, whatever. The first extension? Liberal lies and hoaxes! The second? Third? Fourth extension of the shutdown? One, or more, of these people are going to start to decide, in actuality, not just rhetorically, that Gov. Bluesuit is an active enemy of the people and is actively causing them to fail to be able to make their monthly financial obligations because they can't work because of the shutdown.

I think we're a lot closer to that happening than most people are acknowledging.

I've been rewatching the protests going back to 4.20 and this seems like the natural progression of events

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

You're gonna be feeling dumb as hell when we're all herd immune and your scrub continent is scared to death of a little rona.

Australia's major outbreak will start when Trump gets angry on twitter that Americans aren't allowed in and the PM relents.

spaceblancmange has issued a correction as of 03:36 on May 4, 2020

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

BONGHITZ posted:

no they are good people we should not hate kiwis

:hai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHnu9mBuj6c&t=7s

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

oh wow i missed 4/20

lol

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Relevant Tangent posted:

Of the people in charge he's the one who most wants a holy war. Even Pence is more pragmatic.

I'm just skeptical because I cannot recall a time Pompeo did anything on his own that had any effect other than some lousy good cop/bad cop routine with POTUS.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
watching the thrilling conclusion to VBS3
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oXCHkEqXddqSRK0q5K63yjXIHaRemfG-
& rick & marathon
https://drive.google.com/open?id=18VdNod8ljsUB-1h1On2f_ceN71LkQYe7

slow nite

thjeres like gdrive browser streaming plugins for mobile
i dont know your life

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

BONGHITZ posted:

oh wow i missed 4/20

lol

corona will leave its mark on us all

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So my sister is getting married at the end of the month. Just found out that they decided to have the wedding as planned with just a reduced guest list. My parents want to know if I'm coming to the rehearsal dinner and staying with them for the weekend lol. Nobody thinks it's a big deal because we live in a garbage state that's opening back up. Don't think I can avoid going to the wedding altogether, and I'm going to get a bunch of poo poo for only driving down for the day. RIP my old rear end dad :(.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Homeless Friend posted:

take ur fuken pills folks

im on that but only like 40 MG

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

RumbleFish posted:

Exactly, and they know they'll get those eyeballs (and advertising/TV dollars). The NFL is happening by hook or by crook.

Yeah I just reaaaaaally hope they don't open up the stadiums

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Fleetwood posted:

I've been rewatching the protests going back to 4.20 and this seems like the natural progression of events

didn't high profile figures used to get assassinated a lot more regularly? Obviously hope this doesn't happen, and that the virus just disappears one day like a miracle, but the terrorist chuds at these protests actually have me kind of concerned for the mostly-competent republican leadership in my great state of Ohio. The chuds are PISSED about haircuts and applebees being out of their reach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Duckaerobics posted:

So my sister is getting married at the end of the month. Just found out that they decided to have the wedding as planned with just a reduced guest list. My parents want to know if I'm coming to the rehearsal dinner and staying with them for the weekend lol. Nobody thinks it's a big deal because we live in a garbage state that's opening back up. Don't think I can avoid going to the wedding altogether, and I'm going to get a bunch of poo poo for only driving down for the day. RIP my old rear end dad :(.

our guest list has been reduced to whoever we can pull in off the street to witness the literal second the border even cracks open