Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1257266691064639488?s=20

:smith:

quote:

Allison, 5, eats a lunch of refried beans, scrambled egg, and a handmade tortilla, at home, Wednesday, April 15, 2020, in Washington. It is the one meal a day that her mother can cook for their family, outside of cereal from a food bank that is quickly running out. With both of her parents out of work due to the coronavirus pandemic they will look each day for donated food to share. Most days it is a question of whether to pay for food or bills with the dwindling funds they have remaining. Job loss, ineligibility for federal programs, language barriers, unfamiliarity with the charity network, and a lack of access to technology can keep some immigrants from accessing available food aid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

yeah there is just no chance he'd be able to keep it to himself, he'd brag about this immediately.

e: :911:

lmao good job trump

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Ttrrttrrrprpprprprprprprp

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

That's depressing af.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Flesh Forge posted:

the major theme of the movie is that time travel - even just thinking about time travel - makes you go bananas and either conclusion (or both) is equally valid.
e:
- maybe cole is completely sane and everything he's experiencing is literally true
- maybe he's completely Mentally Divergent and even though his experiences seem real it's all an elaborate fantasy
- maybe he's been driven nuts by time travel and his memories of the future are fantasy but he's still a time traveler (his appearance in historical photos)
- maybe his memories of the future are accurate but his perception of the present is distorted (i.e. the Pipe Talker voice he hears all the time)
:shrug:

completely :agreed:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Skypie posted:

So what is Pompeo's plan when TROPU declares war on China and they say "ok" and suddenly the US economy completely evaporates cuz all our stuff is made in China?

You have it backwards. Teump wants big boy tariffs to look big and strong. Pompeo wants war because it might start the rapture.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

BrownianMotion posted:

still laughing to myself, just a little chortle here and there at my keyboard, about how the south wants to open up again right at the beginning of hurricane season, there is something buddhistly zen-emptying about a region wanting to own itrself so hard. thinking about that forecast for a stronger than usual hurricane season starting up in june and how texas is going to get owned both by a lack of oxygen flowing and an abundance of it lmfao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcPWU59Luoc

you're it

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

euphronius posted:

lmao good job trump

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Inceltown posted:

That's depressing af.

yeah, stephen miller just wants these folks to just starve/lay in the street & die

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

generally I really dislike that kind of "can't trust anything, maybe it's all a dream" story framework but I love 12 Monkeys because of the way that is tied to time travel, coincidentally it's one of the very few good time travel movies

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Flesh Forge posted:

I have a theory, and that is that Trupm/Popmeo are really stupid

hosed up if true

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/propublica/status/1257269585629392896?s=20

lol

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

mike pompeo has a haunted toilet for a brain

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Crusader posted:

what happens when a haunted rear end and a haunted toilet meet?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

weve now reached the doing nothing stage

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

:smith:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
dont worry help is on the way

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1257271252495986690?s=20

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Crusader posted:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao January 2021

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lol there's no oversight by design and she voted for it anyway

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

i'm dying for a haircut is truly a zen koan

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.newsweek.com/kkk-hood-supermarket-santee-san-diego-masks-coronavirus-1501701

quote:

Pictures of the man wearing a white hood similar to one worn by the hate group at a Vons store in Santee, San Diego emerged on social media over the weekend.

The incident occurred one day after San Diego imposed a new health order requiring everyone to cover their faces in public if they come within six feet of another person or whenever they enter a place of business from May 1 to help stop the spread of the coronavirus.

"Don't know which angers me morethe person wearing this or the fact that no one in management @Vons Santee did anything about it.," Tammy Gillies, regional director of the Anti-Defamation League of San Diego, tweeted while sharing pictures of the man in the hood. "@ADL_SD⁩ would be happy to educate your team. San Diego is #NoPlaceForHate."

San Diego County Supervisor Dianne Jacob added: "The images I've seen are abhorrent. This blatant racism has no place in Santee or any part of San Diego County. It is not who we are. It is not what we stand for and can't be tolerated."

The man reportedly refused to take off his hood after being confronted by others at the store until he went to go pay for his items at the checkout.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

BrownianMotion posted:

i'm dying for a haircut is truly a zen koan

lmao, y'all binches need a little ego death before you get some real death

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GTeWZ5ri1I

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

more charts to jerk off over everybody :swoon:

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1257265014618173440

e: actually not a really amazing chart :flaccid:

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 12:41 on May 4, 2020

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0yOpi7aD5M

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
One thing that I noticed this weekend was the fact that boomers are still out there drinking their Starbucks at the grocery store, walking side by side with their counterparts, effectively blocking the aisles.

You see me coming you old gently caress, move so I can get past your decrepit asses and grab a jar of vodka sauce.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

One thing that I noticed this weekend was the fact that boomers are still out there drinking their Starbucks at the grocery store, walking side by side with their counterparts, effectively blocking the aisles.

You see me coming you old gently caress, move so I can get past your decrepit asses and grab a jar of vodka sauce.

what i've noticed here in WA is the more republican the area the grocery store is in the less people give a gently caress

Bham, college city (young people) - everyone wearing masks and they all stop, pause, and doing a little looksie at your eyes and a little nod to figure out who is going wear
Everett, industry city (young/middle-aged) - mixed on masks but people will still kinda play some floor-is-lava dodging and attempt to keep space
Snohomish, historic touristy/antique town (lot of old people) - people just walk right up to you in line like 1ft behind without masks and the cashiers dont give a poo poo either they arent wearing masks and if you give them a lil look like "hey... uhh, you sure about that?" you can see some visible disdain as though this is all imaginary as they begrudgingly back up

bird. has issued a correction as of 12:50 on May 4, 2020

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

I don't know if that dude is a penitent man

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

BrownianMotion posted:

what i've noticed here in WA is the more republican the area the grocery store is in the less people give a gently caress

Bham, college city (young people) - everyone wearing masks and they all stop, pause, and doing a little looksie at your eyes and a little nod to figure out who is going wear
Everett, industry city (young/middle-aged) - mixed on masks but people will still kinda play some floor-is-lava dodging and attempt to keep space
Snohomish, historic touristy/antique town (lot of old people) - people just walk right up to you in line like 1ft behind without masks and the cashiers dont give a poo poo either they arent wearing masks and if you give them a lil look like "hey... uhh, you sure about that?" you can see some visible disdain as though this is all imaginary as they begrudgingly back up

Yeah, my cashier this week was a boomer, her and the boomer in front of me were having a good laugh about how it's 2 months in and now the cashier is required to wear a mask, as if it was all an overblown joke.

This poo poo really needs to work harder at culling the boomers.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

err posted:

Daily reminder that Prester Jane was right

I think there is a big difference between "This is going to turn into a huge worldwide issue and a bunch of people are going to die" which is what happened and a shitload of people were already saying at the time and "Society is going to break down, China is hiding millions of dead and the survivors are going to go insane and descend into their animal base instincts and wash away human civilization as a pack of virus laden great apes so that nothing of the old world remains" which is what Prester Jane's paranoia thought was happening.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
What's really weird is the number of people who give me a side eye for wearing my face shield.

I can safely say I've never seen anyone else wear one, and maybe it's a little overkil, but it keeps me from touching my goddamned face out in public.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I think there is a big difference between "This is going to turn into a huge worldwide issue and a bunch of people are going to die" which is what happened and a shitload of people were already saying at the time and "Society is going to break down, China is hiding millions of dead and the survivors are going to go insane and descend into their animal base instincts and wash away human civilization as a pack of virus laden great apes so that nothing of the old world remains" which is what Prester Jane's paranoia thought was happening.

Potato, potato

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, my cashier this week was a boomer, her and the boomer in front of me were having a good laugh about how it's 2 months in and now the cashier is required to wear a mask, as if it was all an overblown joke.

This poo poo really needs to work harder at culling the boomers.

even if it did and wasn't like here in GA where 80%~ of the people with covid are black they'd still say that so-and-so died "WITH" covid and not "FROM" covid and it was still overblown because they still had XYZ comorbidity anyway and was on their last leg when in actuality were not at all while ignoring their own comorbidity that if/when they succumb from covid their friends will say the same thing about them

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Local news said China never warned us about the Asian flu and then they segued immediately to the Asian hornet being a menace

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Freedom is stored in the balls

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

What's really weird is the number of people who give me a side eye for wearing my face shield.

I can safely say I've never seen anyone else wear one, and maybe it's a little overkil, but it keeps me from touching my goddamned face out in public.

oh yeah i get that too, i think that's one of those things that operates along the lines of people who get upset at vegetarians where somewhere ping-pangin' around in that skull is some sense that you're saying you are better than them with your actions for being more considerate or something; they feel an aggressive impulse that you're confronting both the base comfort of not wearing a mask and the ramshackle mental ramparts of its not a problem, the hysteria around it is the real problem!!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Also what exactly did trump shut down

They keep acting like father trump shut down the states to protect everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Danish Health Authority has greenlit visitors at nursing homes, advising that you should avoid handshakes and kisses on the cheek, but hugs are allowed.