Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

moist turtleneck posted:

Also what exactly did trump shut down

They keep acting like father trump shut down the states to protect everyone

Immigration, and flights from China.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
That's what I thought but they keep using that phrase shut down the economy

Like yes immigration is economy but they always act like trump has some giant lever

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

fox is so malevolent and stupid

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

moist turtleneck posted:

That's what I thought but they keep using that phrase shut down the economy

Like yes immigration is economy but they always act like trump has some giant lever

There was no federal anything, it was all state and local action. Not to mention I'm sure at least a handful of business closed on their own accord because someone hasn't become a complete capitalist monster yet.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
when I people watch from my porch and silently judge who is wearing a mask and who are not it's not the white folk wearing a mask generally, it's the black families and the families from India. Some Indian families have been wearing them since February, even my chaat and sweet shop lady was wearing a mask the last time we went in February... drat, I want candy now :(

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

talking to buddy of mine in China. he originally left Wuhan a day before their lockdown and returned this weekend to have a child. according to them, life seems pretty normal compared to pre-lockdown except there are less people out, EVERYONE is wearing a mask, and the hospital won’t turn on their AC from fear of spreading the virus so it’s “hot as poo poo”

Burn Zone has issued a correction as of 13:21 on May 4, 2020

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

lol I turned 30 today

I wonder if we'll make it to 31?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

facetoucher cat posted:

when I people watch from my porch and silently judge who is wearing a mask and who are not it's not the white folk wearing a mask generally, it's the black families and the families from India. Some Indian families have been wearing them since February, even my chaat and sweet shop lady was wearing a mask the last time we went in February... drat, I want candy now :(

In my apartment I see no one wearing PPE. WE have a bunch of indian familes with kids all around 8-10 years old, and they're all playing together. I see groups of obviously unrelated women all practically holding hands as they stroll around the parking lot. The mothers will just chitchat on the stair case like nothing is happening.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1257283775375040512?s=20

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Thump! posted:

lol I turned 30 today

narrator voice: he wouldn't

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

facetoucher cat posted:

I saw a white lady in an N95 at Sam’s Club and a white guy with an N95 on in a Kroger

but you’re right everyone else I’ve seen has been black/brown/asian

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Crusader posted:

well I mean poo poo, they had the avengers lined up in that one hospital hallway, they could just talk to them

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

another Monday crash is coming, isn't it

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

FINALLY!

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Crusader posted:

This is trump's protected downside when they open up the bloodgates and let a minimum of 500,000 people die by the end of this year: muh china, muh revenge

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol just remembered Elon buying those cpaps

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

lol i hate "great reviews" trump

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Antonymous posted:

another Monday crash is coming, isn't it

probs. when warren buffett says airlines will never be the same, poo poo is gonna burn by tagalong investors.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

SpaceCadetBob posted:

probs. when warren buffett says airlines will never be the same, poo poo is gonna burn by tagalong investors.

airlines should have been a national service like the post office decades ago

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

Burn Zone posted:

I saw a white lady in an N95 at Sam’s Club and a white guy with an N95 on in a Kroger

but you’re right everyone else I’ve seen has been black/brown/asian

I see a lot of Boomers in N95’s, which is strange because they were suppose to be difficult to come by.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

NofrikinfuN posted:

Rotten Tomatoes isn't a great review site TBH

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Thump! posted:

lol I turned 30 today

commiserations

NofrikinfuN posted:

lol that's what immediately jumped out at me too

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Boomers have N95s because they have houses and renovations need N95s and they have packs of them because they were eventually going to use them anyways

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Antonymous posted:

narrator voice: he wouldn't

sad trombone noises

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Working hard, thank you!

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

great reviews, the best ratings, biggest numbers!

Working hard, thank you!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

moist turtleneck posted:

Boomers have N95s because they have houses and renovations need N95s and they have packs of them because they were eventually going to use them anyways

They also know a guy who knows the county gop chairman who made some phone calls and got a bunch from the stockpiles getting seized by the feds en route to michigan

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/rebeccanagle/status/1257287882215227392

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

NofrikinfuN posted:

airlines should have been a national service like the post office decades ago

No argument here.

I wonder how much more virus safe you could build a high speed rail car, since it at least is segmented and has access to ground level air pressure.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

It’s pretty cool that as a military town San Diego just gets all the shittiest people we can produce.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

moist turtleneck posted:

lol just remembered Elon buying those cpaps

I was instructed by my doctor to use my nebulizer for lung issues but I have to lock myself in a room the entire time and put something under the door and have to stay in the room alone for 30 minutes afterwards and this was with a negative test where she didn't even trust the results so lmao on those things and thinking about other people using nebulizers at home or elsewhere

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

FAUXTON posted:

They also know a guy who knows the county gop chairman who made some phone calls and got a bunch from the stockpiles getting seized by the feds en route to michigan

was thinking more along the lines of this or other black market channels.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

:unsmith:

I remember having some tribe members visit my little town as a kid. Even then I was fuckin stunned at the idea that these guys from across the world had scraped together what they could to help

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

It’s pretty cool that as a military town San Diego just gets all the shittiest people we can produce.

I lived there for like 6 years coming from ATL and tried to date people of course not at work but it was horrible because I kept having the chuddiest people try to pick me up. Since our office was in Mira Mesa and that's where the base was and unfortunately where we all went for drinks and where my gym was, let's just say I ended up dipping in the company ink

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

facetoucher cat posted:

I was instructed by my doctor to use my nebulizer for lung issues but I have to lock myself in a room the entire time and put something under the door and have to stay in the room alone for 30 minutes afterwards and this was with a negative test where she didn't even trust the results so lmao on those things and thinking about other people using nebulizers at home or elsewhere

Isn't this also how a bunch of the early spreading was caused? From ICU's spraying the contents of sick people's lungs all over the whole unit?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Griefor posted:

Isn't this also how a bunch of the early spreading was caused? From ICU's spraying the contents of sick people's lungs all over the whole unit?

I believe so

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

moist turtleneck posted:

And there's no facemask more boomer than the one way valve construction N95.

"Your germs can't come in, but my germs can go out."

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/reuterspictures/status/1257295633641287681?s=20

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1257273801127022592

I don't know when I'll feel safe getting on a plane again, lmao

Also, "easily canceled"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1257041977834643456?s=19