Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
it's just such a weird thing to ban, it's not like the full game got leaked and you can download and play it for free, it's just some cutscenes. it's like if we banned discussion of the panama papers because they weren't obtained with the owners' consent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

besides that, if we're posting from YouTube or Imgur and so on, we're not the ones hosting it. I don't know that SA has any liability there

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

CharlestonJew posted:

it's just such a weird thing to ban, it's not like the full game got leaked and you can download and play it for free, it's just some cutscenes. it's like if we banned discussion of the panama papers because they weren't obtained with the owners' consent

Or if we banned LP’s that were created using emulators and other legally questionable materials.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mantis42 posted:

also joel did nothing wrong you morons

he sucks

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Joel had a hard life.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Stux posted:

he sucks

he is loyal, competent and he pets dogs and horses

he is very cool

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

a "psa" if someone is comfortable lying to your face even when they know you know theyre lying theyre not loyal and they dont actually care about u

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

"Yes, you birth mother loved you and totally wasn't planning on killing you or selling you to Ian Watkins or anything like that. She's in prison for, uh, tax evasion? Just never, ever think of her again, that's in the past."

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CharlestonJew posted:

I have to believe this is due in part to the controversial nature of the leaked gameplay. Like if some cutscenes from FF7R got spoilered a couple months beforehand some people might be pissed, but a lot would be saying "this looks awesome can't wait."

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

am0kgonzo posted:

he is loyal, competent and he pets dogs and horses

he is very cool

Ellie murders deers and rabbits, she's easily the most awful character in the game.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Stux posted:

a "psa" if someone is comfortable lying to your face even when they know you know theyre lying theyre not loyal and they dont actually care about u

Relationships are complicated.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

gamers deserve tlou2

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

Ellie murders deers and rabbits, she's easily the most awful character in the game.

deer suck, jury's still out on rabbits tho

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Stux posted:

gamers deserve tlou2

tlou2 deserves gamers

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

TLOU2 and gamers. A match made in heaven!

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

CharlestonJew posted:

deer suck, jury's still out on rabbits tho

Leaked footage of rabbits being exposed to TLOU2.

https://i.imgur.com/eYFe2RC.gifv

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

Leaked footage of rabbits being exposed to TLOU2.

https://i.imgur.com/eYFe2RC.gifv

I'm guessing this has some super traumatic background and isn't just cute, because this world sucks.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

I have to believe this is due in part to the controversial nature of the leaked gameplay. Like if some cutscenes from FF7R got spoilered a couple months beforehand some people might be pissed, but a lot would be saying "this looks awesome can't wait."

Mods are just trying to delay the incredible shitshow as long as possible and who can blame them

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LRynF3PZn0&t=54s

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

precision posted:

Mods are just trying to delay the incredible shitshow as long as possible and who can blame them

well what incredible shitshow is there going to be that will affect us? we're just talking about it

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

what the gently caress i love neil druckmann and tlou 2 now?

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

lol even resetera is posting webms and memes (that they then consequently become offended by) and that place's moderation is ridiculous even compared to here or the most despotic subreddits

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Stux posted:

Its ok to lie to children

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
let us post the leaks

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Open the threads, democrats

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

mister gorbachev, post them fuckin leaks

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mantis42 posted:

Its ok to lie to children

whats really messed up is that some people believe this and thats why in america you cant get a real education

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Ff7 was actually first datamined when a demo that wasn't publically available got downloaded and leaked. Nobody said anything about people linking to stuff.

It just feels weird the line is drawn here because there isn't much different. You're allowed to post ripped content from an unauthorized leak of a demo but not THIS unauthorized content.

Not to mention people post leaks from people breaking NDAs regularly. There isn't really any logic here especially since they are allowing discussion of the leaks but without being able to link it just means people are either asked to seek it out themselves or only go off secondhand info which is actively misleading. (See "Abby is trans" stuff)

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Stux posted:

whats really messed up is that some people believe this and thats why in america you cant get a real education

Actually that's more of an issue of learning things being considered the devil in American culture. Americans, for the most part, hate learning new poo poo, with a passion.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Do we still have to post spoiler content under spoiler bars

This whole setup just makes things feel more illicit than necessary

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

exquisite tea posted:

Technically those did get spoiled a week and a half early because Europe and Australia shipped out mail order copies way early but then they were firm on the NA release.

Square was merking links left and right, copyright claiming youtube, and tried to keep wikipedia etc from being updated. But it was totally fine to post links here.

But people are being real babies about people saying it's bad so I guess that's the difference. FF7R was clearly really good.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 18:12 on May 4, 2020

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Do we still have to post spoiler content under spoiler bars

This whole setup just makes things feel more illicit than necessary

If you post spoilers in spoiler tags you are admitting to viewing prohibited content. Please refrain from doing so.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
knowing little snipets that confirm that the game will be good instead of a piece of poo poo helps imo
ex: that cyberpunk 2077 press video, ff7, etc

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Zeta Acosta posted:

knowing little snipets that confirm that the game will be good instead of a piece of poo poo helps imo
ex: that cyberpunk 2077 press video, ff7, etc

That just looked awful honestly. Bare environments and weightless gunplay.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lowtax doesn't want to risk the gaming garbage review copy

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the footage for cyberpunk and ff7r both looked bad and all ff7 games and derived works are bad

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Stux posted:

the footage for cyberpunk and ff7r both looked bad and all ff7 games and derived works are bad

FF7 is good, 7R is good, please don’t be a silly poster Stux

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the story of ff7 is "doodoo nonsense" and ff7r is "doodoo nonsense and kingdom hearts"

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Stux posted:

the story of ff7 is "doodoo nonsense" and ff7r is "doodoo nonsense and kingdom hearts"

mlyp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Stux posted:

this is incorrect