Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

snoo posted:

the clothes will sit for 3+ days and even then i'll still handle them with gloves

I just throw my poo poo straight into the dryer when I get home - I figure high heat for 90 minutes has to kill whatever's on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

I never though death would come for ME! Says man who voted for the let's normalize mass death party.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

MorrisBae posted:

I just throw my poo poo straight into the dryer when I get home - I figure high heat for 90 minutes has to kill whatever's on it

lookit fancy pants over here with a dryer in their home

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
CenturyLink Field is a multi-purpose stadium located in Seattle, Washington, United States. It is the home field for the Seattle Seahawks of the National Football League (NFL), and the Seattle Sounders FC of Major League Soccer (MLS) and can seat 68,740 people for NFL game

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

you're being deliberately loving obtuse, it's possible to go on a trail ride safely and with consideration for your safety and the safety of others and it's possible to go on a trail ride and ignore rules, clump together, not wear PPE, etc, just like it's possible to safety pick up takeout versus sitting at Denny's for three hours breathing on the waitress. These things are not equivalent

I am going to continue scouting out remote trail locations to get my riding in on the weekends because the alternative is sitting on the internet and spreading brainworms with other crazy people.

Here in Ireland, and I assume most other places that are trying their best, travelling more than a couple of miles for exercise is explicitly not allowed. People are advised to find alternative forms of exercise that don't involve going to places where other people are, stopping to fill up on gas, etc.

If I tried to drive 45 minutes with a loaded bike rack on my car I'd be pulled over and fined before I got 5 miles away from my house.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

MorrisBae posted:

that probably won't do poo poo since it's not enough heat btw

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Currently listening to the Ohio treasurer give a rosy presentation. Describes four "opportunities" for Ohio economy going forward - airplane manufacturing and shale gas fracking. What the hell - airlines have plummeted demand and surplus of airplanes and the price of oil is significantly lower than shale companies need for profitability.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Gringostar posted:

parking lots are closed but the overflow parking isn't which greatly limits the people that can be there

make sure you have your NFS parking pass since it's like $30 for a yearly one and gently caress you for not supporting places where you're hiking

also 50 other yokels is about right at the place where my gf and i go... which works out to crossing the path of like 5 people max over the course of 5 hours

Judging by every park I've ever been to 99% of them will be within 20 minutes of the trailhead and then no one for 4 hours after that

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao you know with all these half rear end measures it will be a wave of infections similar to the 1918 pandemic.

-There's not going to be any change in American Chud culture "my freedom / wearing a mask is the same as Nazis"

-Plague response with Trumpian characteristics...

-Currently a big push by to open up things quickly even the lowest bars for deaths or new cases hasn't been achieved

-Americans can't stand going one month without haircuts, nail salons or sit down restaurants.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

snoo posted:

lookit fancy pants over here with a dryer in their home

When I lived in a studio I had one of these and for $200 it works surprisingly well without the need for any kind of adapters

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

seems like things are going great

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Only going to watch if she's pitching:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

BMX Ninja posted:

Here in Ireland, and I assume most other places that are trying their best, travelling more than a couple of miles for exercise is explicitly not allowed. People are advised to find alternative forms of exercise that don't involve going to places where other people are, stopping to fill up on gas, etc.

If I tried to drive 45 minutes with a loaded bike rack on my car I'd be pulled over and fined before I got 5 miles away from my house.

the goon's dilemma, exercise is too hard

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

etalian posted:

-Americans can't stand going one month without haircuts, nail salons or sit down restaurants.

it's insanely stupid that this is basically what people are protesting. that poo poo doesn't matter and is going to fail because the extremely flexible demand for it has evaporated because now there's a chance it will loving kill you

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

people care more about not dying than they care about having fancy hair, nails and not cooking for themselves. The world has changed and the business models that were valid pre-roni just straight up won't loving work ever again

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Gringostar posted:

what a terrible thing to call the woman you cheated on your wife with

sensible chuckle

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

schwein11 posted:

What the hell - airlines have plummeted demand and surplus of airplanes and the price of oil is significantly lower than shale companies need for profitability.

There's a significant Air Force/contractor presence in the state. Obviously the opportunity is in building more F35s.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Mayor Dave posted:

Wait they gave the kid a.c- in PE while the kids is at home and hasn't even seen the teacher in months? WTF

https://twitter.com/lyzl/status/1257031760115896320?s=20

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Gringostar posted:

parking lots are closed but the overflow parking isn't which greatly limits the people that can be there

make sure you have your NFS parking pass since it's like $30 for a yearly one and gently caress you for not supporting places where you're hiking

also 50 other yokels is about right at the place where my gf and i go... which works out to crossing the path of like 5 people max over the course of 5 hours

yah i get the annual pass each year, it's great. hasn't gotten much use this year.

5 people isn't too bad, better than the grocery store.

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

lol just lol at people in cspam acting like cspam isn't just a place to complain about stuff

the C is for complaint

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

i'm not sure about a life after this god knows I've never been a spiritual man

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

My kid is on the spectrum and decided he just wasn't going to run during p.e. which features a mandatory like 1/4 mile warm-up. Principal in a meeting w me threatened to fail him in PE. I was like "I am at my wit's end w him and I feel like this is getting into IEP territory but regardless of the law what actually would be the consequences of failing PE?"

"... ... Nothing"

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

BMX Ninja posted:

inside city limits (at least in southern ca) you can't drive to parks in other areas but you can walk and utilize your local ones

if you're traveling to bumbfuck nowhere to exercise (and the USA is filled with bumbfuck nowhere) and aren't loving dumb as hell the rangers will leave you alone

poo poo, literally right now i can drive to NFS land and go dispersed camping (no official campgrounds and you typically need a serious 4x4 to get to those places) and it's 100% legal

https://www.inyocounty.us/covid-19/local-resources/public-lands

quote:

While developed recreation sites are closed, dispersed camping and trails remain open and available to the public.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

im refreshing every second until we get to 69420

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

oxsnard posted:

:blessed:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm surprised Corona hasn't started up a bunch of thinkpieces called

Holy poo poo daytime tv loving sucks how is this programming legal

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

etalian posted:

lmao you know with all these half rear end measures it will be a wave of infections similar to the 1918 pandemic.

-There's not going to be any change in American Chud culture "my freedom / wearing a mask is the same as Nazis"

-Plague response with Trumpian characteristics...

-Currently a big push by to open up things quickly even the lowest bars for deaths or new cases hasn't been achieved

I saw some news headline yesterday that was basically "people need to accept that lots of people dying while we just keep doing our thing is the new normal"

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Gonna ride, ain't a loving thing you can do about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt0V0_1MS0Q

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

160,000 by end of May.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

UnknownTarget posted:

160,000 by end of May.

Great success.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

oxsnard posted:

:same:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Vishass posted:

My kid is on the spectrum and decided he just wasn't going to run during p.e. which features a mandatory like 1/4 mile warm-up. Principal in a meeting w me threatened to fail him in PE. I was like "I am at my wit's end w him and I feel like this is getting into IEP territory but regardless of the law what actually would be the consequences of failing PE?"

"... ... Nothing"

This situation has been such an amazing way to tell which educators got into it because they wanted to educate people and which ones got into it because they love rules.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Iowa is now posting over 500 new cases a day on the slow days. Lol this state is good

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

UnknownTarget posted:

160,000 by end of May.

we're easily going to top 1/2 a mill by the end of the year

for comparison, the us only lost like 405k troops in ww2

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1257344749784137732?s=19

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Let me die or give me death!

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!

Vishass posted:

I saw some news headline yesterday that was basically "people need to accept that lots of people dying while we just keep doing our thing is the new normal"

Alternatively, be happy that people are dying. It's great. Like, pile em high. Whose survival, really, is something you care about? The old people across the street? Your "loved ones"? Random flesh aggregates unable to choose between one head of lettuce and the next?

My neighbor works at a Trader Joes and just had a party with her entire family, maybe 10+ people, that went to 2 in the morning. She is 50+, her husband is a bit older and already showing signs of cognitive decline. They are nice, caring people, with friendly manners and good senses of humor. But it is great that their house will soon be empty, rotting on its foundation, just 100 years after it was constructed.

Nothing matters!

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/zackbeauchamp/status/1257342766226513922?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

yes, an armed protest with pipebombs.

protest.

yes. good journalism.