Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Gringostar posted:

we're easily going to top 1/2 a mill by the end of the year

for comparison, the us only lost like 405k troops in ww2

we have an outside shot of losing more Americans to this pandemic than we have to every war we've ever fought in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Fasdar posted:

Alternatively, be happy that people are dying. It's great. Like, pile em high. Whose survival, really, is something you care about? The old people across the street? Your "loved ones"? Random flesh aggregates unable to choose between one head of lettuce and the next?

My neighbor works at a Trader Joes and just had a party with her entire family, maybe 10+ people, that went to 2 in the morning. She is 50+, her husband is a bit older and already showing signs of cognitive decline. They are nice, caring people, with friendly manners and good senses of humor. But it is great that their house will soon be empty, rotting on its foundation, just 100 years after it was constructed.

Nothing matters!

Houses don't get to be that old anymore
gotta knock'em down to build bigger houses that no one can afford

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Death cult

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Gripweed posted:

This situation has been such an amazing way to tell which educators got into it because they wanted to educate people and which ones got into it because they love rules.

dude a bunch of my students have said that I’m either the only one, or one of two of all their teachers to actually do online class regularly and provide them with help on work. Why wouldn’t I, I’m bored as hell at home.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

https://i.imgur.com/Nlmpbiq.mp4

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

UnknownTarget posted:

160,000 by end of May.

im willing to accept this for me personally being able to gamble with my life by dining at the Olive garden

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Google Butt posted:

im willing to accept this for me personally being able to gamble with my life by dining at the Olive garden

They'll be able to build you a cairn out of stale breadsticks out by the dumpster.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Penisaurus Sex posted:

we have an outside shot of losing more Americans to this pandemic than we have to every war we've ever fought in.

1.4 million deaths is all that will take

that's only 0.004% of the current US population

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

armed protest huh

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

How did he think bombs would get business open? If a business finds a bomb they have to close and call the bomb squad! It's the exact opposite of what he wants!

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
this shits really depressing

*catches a 6er for doomering while people post long fantasies about their neighbors dying*

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Gringostar posted:

1.4 million deaths is all that will take

that's only 0.004% of the current US population

you forgot to multiply by 100 there

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm surprised Corona hasn't started up a bunch of thinkpieces called

Holy poo poo daytime tv loving sucks how is this programming legal

that would imply anyone still watches tv

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
anyway i think the economy will be saved by the fact that people in reopened areas are not at all afraid to go to restaurants/movies/etc and instead are packing in bc they are literally addicted to consuming

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol the return of shook nate

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1257341071949955074

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

eh, passe, Trump already inspired a dude to mail out a shitload of bombs

Apr 7, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Houses don't get to be that old anymore
gotta knock'em down to build bigger houses that no one can afford

I posted a listing for a brick bungalow built in the 1970s a few years back and someone asked why such an old house would still be standing lol

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

shovelbum posted:

anyway i think the economy will be saved by the fact that people in reopened areas are not at all afraid to go to restaurants/movies/etc and instead are packing in bc they are literally addicted to consuming

the economy is like the US strategy for war.

we have enough bodies to throw at it and will win by attrition.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So in a japanese blog I visit they posted about the insane prices of being treated for corona in japan. Japan has a system where after being treated, the citizen pays 30% of the final cost. Hospitals are owned by the actual doctors instead of profit corporations etc.

The cost was about 170000 yen to the person or about $1600. They are treating it as an insane price. For us that would be nothing, you'd expect to get like 50k bill to you or some bullshit.

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

Gripweed posted:

This situation has been such an amazing way to tell which educators got into it because they wanted to educate people and which ones got into it because they love rules.

it became apparent pretty early on that the rule lovers mostly quit teaching a long time ago and decided to become my bosses

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Cao Ni Ma posted:

So in a japanese blog I visit they posted about the insane prices of being treated for corona in japan. Japan has a system where after being treated, the citizen pays 30% of the final cost. Hospitals are owned by the actual doctors instead of profit corporations etc.

The cost was about 170000 yen to the person or about $1600. They are treating it as an insane price. For us that would be nothing, you'd expect to get like 50k bill to you or some bullshit.

yeah I read $1600 and though “that’s probably pretty reasonable” because American healthcare is awesome

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Admiral Ray posted:

you forgot to multiply by 100 there

nope

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_military_casualties_of_war

if you include confederate deaths then corona will have to top 1.7m deaths to beat out every military conflict combined, but lol if you include those traitorous losers

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

eh, passe, Trump already inspired a dude to mail out a shitload of bombs

oh man, i forgot about that dudes truck, lmao

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

dude a bunch of my students have said that I’m either the only one, or one of two of all their teachers to actually do online class regularly and provide them with help on work. Why wouldn’t I, I’m bored as hell at home.

I missed the first post-shutdown test in my math class because I didn't know what website it was on. It took me literally two weeks of emailing my teacher everyday asking if I could make it up before I got a response.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

MorrisBae posted:

Fauci's going to quit, isn't he

the trump administration is going to drive him to suicide is my bet

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Gringostar posted:

nope

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_military_casualties_of_war

if you include confederate deaths then corona will have to top 1.7m deaths to beat out every military conflict combined, but lol if you include those traitorous losers

nah i mean in the final percentage. 1.4 million / 330 million = 0.004 = 0.4%

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Gripweed posted:

How did he think bombs would get business open? If a business finds a bomb they have to close and call the bomb squad! It's the exact opposite of what he wants!

maybe they just wanted to put the bomb sniffing dogs back to work

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Admiral Ray posted:

oh yeah lol

sill, what's the mortality rate for rona?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Woofer posted:

the economy is like the US strategy for war.

we have enough bodies to throw at it and will win by attrition.

Corona-chan has a preset kill limit

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

mod sassinator posted:

If a chud doesn't cap him first

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

mod sassinator posted:

suicide by cut brakes

Apr 7, 2003

Admiral Ray posted:

The war of southern sedition was the largest mass death event in American history percentage wise, at 2% (at the time). I don’t think we’re going to get close to that here (6.6m).

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Feldegast42 posted:

Corona-chan has a preset kill limit

I didn’t say our plan was well thought out. just that we are gonna keep throwing bodies at the problem thinking we will win.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

shovelbum posted:

this shits really depressing

*catches a 6er for doomering while people post long fantasies about their neighbors dying*

We had it coming tbh , every one of us.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The war of southern sedition was the largest mass death event in American history percentage wise, at 2% (at the time). I don’t think we’re going to get close to that here (6.6m).

not if you stop riding your bike we won't

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Gringostar posted:

oh yeah lol

about between 0.7% and 1%. herd immunity for a thing like this is ~70%, but it doesn't kill kids very much compared to adults. there are 209 million adults, so if 70% of the adults get it and 1% of those die, we'd have a total death count of 1.463 million.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Gringostar posted:

oh yeah lol

100% people who get will eventually die

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ges-aviation-unit-to-make-permanent-job-cuts-as-workforce-is-reduced-25-this-year-2020-05-04

quote:

General Electric Co.'s GE-4.38% Aviation business unit said Monday it is planning "permanent" job cuts that will bring its total workforce reductions to 25% in 2020. GE's stock fell 3.9% in morning trading. GE Aviation said the cuts come as global commercial airline traffic in the second quarter is expected to drop by about 80% from levels seen in early February as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. "Our aircraft manufacturers have announced reduced production schedules that will extend into 2021 and beyond reacting to the projected prolonged recovery," said GE Aviation Chief Executive David Joyce in a business update. 

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jesus Christ

https://mobile.twitter.com/Tylerjoelb/status/1257330698110873601

https://mobile.twitter.com/Tylerjoelb/status/1257328189665431553

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:peanut: 250,000 Worldwide Deaths! :peanut: