Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Yeah President Kaisich would have probably finished filling all of the empty judicial seats like a year ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

ManBoyChef posted:

The sad part is that the Lincoln Project wants to put someone even worse in there just not so brash and unsophisticated.

Tell me when Biden recommends drinking bleach to treat Coronavirus and starts cutting regulations that would've presented the current situation we're in now.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Apparently the WH/Mitch McConnell are going to try and push through John Ratcliffe for DNI again

This is the crazy Trump supporter that previously withdrew his nomination

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Willo567 posted:

Tell me when Biden recommends drinking bleach to treat Coronavirus and starts cutting regulations that would've presented the current situation we're in now.

Willo please take a break for your own sake from getting into arguments.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Willo567 posted:

The things that will be hosed up by a biden presidency are a little more insidious than that.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

FlamingLiberal posted:

Apparently the WH/Mitch McConnell are going to try and push through John Ratcliffe for DNI again

This is the crazy Trump supporter that previously withdrew his nomination

Was it this guy or another who was outed as a domestic abuser?

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is Amazon a company that has like a dozen VPs? I want to know how big a deal this guy is.

There are a bunch of VPs ("distinguished engineers"). He is a notable loss for AWS and was the boss for a ton of people, but he had a bunch of people above him too.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is Amazon a company that has like a dozen VPs? I want to know how big a deal this guy is.

He wasn't just some VP, he was one of their lead AWS engineers and was the face of AWS for a while. This is not a good look for Amazon.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

ManBoyChef posted:

the media controls so loving much and you cannot deny that. Its all media not just cable news. Even down to the way they framed questions for Bernie at the debate or the fact that almost all pundits made claims about toxic Bernie bros even though they were indistinguishable from people from other campaigns.

The media controls a lot. Accept it. They shape the narrative we deal with. Its the same with Biden being electable. We all know full well that rapist isnt electable its why he failed to become president so many times before but thats what people think about him because the media convinces the people that watch that he is electable and then those people influence their family and friends. Its just how it works.

Democrats are different than republicans. They get led around by the nose by media.

The media controls a lot but they're not some all powerful force that we can lay all blame on, otherwise you start sounding like Trump.

The fact is in 2020 people really wanted a "not Bernie" candidate to go against Trump and they tripped over themselves to vote for that candidate once it became clear who between Klob/Butt/Biden would prevail. Michigan is a prime example of this. Despite a massive volunteer and fundraising network, and despite Biden having done 0 campaigning there and having almost no campaign staff on hand, AND it was a state that Bernie won against Hilary handily..... Bernie got blown out.

No amount of blaming the nebulous "THE MEDIA" entity changes the fact that America, by and large, is still a pretty conservative country.

We are changing that, especially at the local and state level, but changes especially in people's voting attitudes takes time.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Taerkar posted:

Polling must have gotten rather sophisticated if they're able to get results from viruses.

The virus is smart. Very smart.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

pacerhimself posted:

Was it this guy or another who was outed as a domestic abuser?
Different guy

This guy lied on his resume, basically

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

FlamingLiberal posted:

Different guy

This guy lied on his resume, basically

My first thought was "I thought the person who did that was a woman" and my second thought was "of course this admin would have multiple people who did that"

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

https://twitter.com/stonecold2050/status/1257042102673801218

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Saying Bernie got fair treatment by the media and Biden didn't get pushed hard to boomers is like saying Fox News is fair and balanced because they say they are and they just report the truth.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Of course that dude is also wearing a camo shirt..

rko
Jul 12, 2017

Solaris 2.0 posted:

No amount of blaming the nebulous "THE MEDIA" entity changes the fact that America, by and large, is still a pretty conservative country.

We are changing that, especially at the local and state level, but changes especially in people's voting attitudes takes time.

I don’t understand how posters can say things like this without acknowledging “...and that’s why we’re all going to die because that time doesn’t exist before ecofascism becomes impossible to defeat.”

At least it’s funny how the Venn diagram of “people who believe Bernie lost in a fair election and the media has nothing to do with it” and “people who believe Russia has played a significant role in Trump’s victory” is a circle. If Russia can do that with a few hundred thousand in Facebook ads folks, imagine what the American media can accomplish!

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

What the hell is ecofascism

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/...mber%3D720pti19

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

"The projections, based on modeling by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and pulled together in chart form by the Federal Emergency Management Agency, forecast about 200,000 new cases each day by the end of the month, up from about 25,000 cases now."

As someone with a wife due early June - :stonk:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Hitching onto a failing campaign

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1257286796523814914

Omar won with over 70% of vote in 2018

rko
Jul 12, 2017

Tibalt posted:

What the hell is ecofascism

There’s a Wikipedia article on the topic, but I’m specifically talking about the idea that the repercussions of climate change, particularly the rapid growth of refugee populations, will encourage fascist tendencies in “developed” countries that control more resources that aren’t ravaged by the climate.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to assume that the United States isn’t going to grow more compassionate when the number of refugees swells by orders of magnitude, but I’ve been wrong about so much. It’d be nice to be wrong about something bad for a change.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Trump randomly capitalizing words in his tweets is a very Christian Weston Chandler kind of thing to do and it's just bringing back the weird internet memories from years ago.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Solaris 2.0 posted:

The media controls a lot but they're not some all powerful force that we can lay all blame on, otherwise you start sounding like Trump.

If the Media doesn't have that much of an effect upon people's decision making process then why is there always so much effort put into it to affect people's decision-making process.

While marketing isn't nearly as effective as marketing execs would like, it is still fairly effective, though often in more subtle ways. People may claim they're too smart to fall for such tricks but their actions usually say otherwise.

It probably won't change any given person's views but it will likely reinforce them or give credence to something that they were undecided on.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Ringo Star Get posted:

Trump randomly capitalizing words in his tweets is a very Christian Weston Chandler kind of thing to do and it's just bringing back the weird internet memories from years ago.

Just so you know, she's Christine Weston Chandler now.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

jesus. we may very well hit a million.

Ringo Star Get posted:

yeah. i always kinda got those flashbacks too, and while they were at least mentally ill as gently caress, trump has no excuse.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Willo567 posted:

i am pretty sure trolls gaslit them into that change sadly. at least from reading various stuff from a coupe years back.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 17:53 on May 4, 2020

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Willo567 posted:

Oh god WHAT.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Omar's district is one that I expect to be most heavily impacted by redistricting, after 2012's efforts saw multiple lawsuits and Dayton vetoing the GOP legislature's plan.

It's a prime example of a stacked district, which has been great for Omar and Ellison before her but negatively impacts surrounding districts. A Dem trifecta in November probably spells the end of Emmer (previously Bachmann)'s 88% white district of burbs and makes a bit safer of a D seat for Craig and Phillips.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Infrastructure today, infrastructure tomorrow, infrastructure forever!

"Infrastructure today, come home tomorrow?"
No, Tarzan. Infrastructure forever.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

FlamingLiberal posted:

So Trump in the last what, 48 hours has said that-

-No one has done more for black people than him and maybe Lincoln
-He got worse treatment than Lincoln

I shudder to think about what he will say next weekend

"!00,000 corona deaths is a great great number. Better than everyone else"

Totally not violent Nazi terrorists at all
Life for both of'em, no parole. They want to be useless murdering wastes of humanity, fine. They can go sit in an 8x14 foot room with some bars to enjoy the rest of their time on earth

Inferior Third Season posted:

Just the first five words says everything you need to know about America: "A Dollar Store security guard".

Jobs like these don't exist other places, because they don't need to.

The one here puts those chips on packages of hotdogs because apparently they are hot items on the five finger discount rack

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 4, 2020

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
:yotj:

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1257353964259024898

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i am pretty sure trolls gaslit them into that change sadly. at least from reading various stuff from a coupe years back.

i remember falling down that rabbit hole way back, when it was just some guy raging against the internet and the internet initially harmlessly trolling him. Then it got insanely weird and creepy as weirdos harassed a mentally ill person who was also a giant piece of poo poo and its just way to depressing and weird for me to ever read about again. all i remember is chris/christine is so mentally unwell that i do not think any therapist would have jumped straight to transitioning.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Solaris 2.0 posted:

The fact is in 2020 people really wanted a "not Bernie" candidate to go against Trump

You're sort of skipping the important part here. The polling was very clear that Bernie was just as popular as Biden, and don't comparably in head-to-head polling. It's a manufactured fact to say that most Democrats were anti-Bernie (or anti-anyone, for the most part). The notion that Bernie couldn't beat Trump didn't come from the electorate; it was wholly invented by the same establishment figures who crowned Pete and Klob the winners of Iowa and New Hampshire.

That isn't to say that the Bernie campaign made zero tactical mistakes, but let's not convince ourselves that the establishment was doing anything other than trying to stop the left at all costs.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. i always kinda got those flashbacks too, and while they were at least mentally ill as gently caress, trump has no excuse.

There's no "maybe" about it.

Hope y'all are ready for rolling waves of quarantine and hospitals being slammed for the next... year? 18 months? However long it takes to get a vaccine working, through human trials, and into mass production basically.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mat Cauthon posted:

Hope y'all are ready for rolling waves of quarantine and hospitals being slammed for the next... year? 18 months? However long it takes to get a vaccine working, through human trials, and into mass production basically.

*gif of that guy from the Sandlot saying "For-ev-ur!"*

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

WoodrowSkillson posted:

i remember falling down that rabbit hole way back, when it was just some guy raging against the internet and the internet initially harmlessly trolling him. Then it got insanely weird and creepy as weirdos harassed a mentally ill person who was also a giant piece of poo poo and its just way to depressing and weird for me to ever read about again. all i remember is chris/christine is so mentally unwell that i do not think any therapist would have jumped straight to transitioning.

yeah i was stupidly deep into following that nightmare train in high school(i was a stupid fucker) and i still sometime get updates. its mostly depressing poo poo and they are a sad case. i have seen sadder cases of internet poo poo but this one is pretty up there.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mat Cauthon posted:

yeah, lets hope states start slamming poo poo back down soon than.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Dapper_Swindler posted:

It honestly isn't out of the realm of imagination. I am talking to a friend in southern Indiana right now and they just opened the state up today. He said all of the stores are like Black Friday that opened.

In a week the cases are going to start skyrocketing.

cunny mcalister
Mar 21, 2004
Somehow less than meets the eye.

Mellow Seas posted:

*gif of that guy from the Sandlot saying "For-ev-ur!"*

I prefer this because of the blood and despair.

https://youtu.be/sL_mm7_D1wM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
i'm pretty sure trump doesn't even write his own tweets. he either dictates them or someone else altogether writes them.